Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Final Discussion!!!!!

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Well let's be frank it's more likely this will be the peak of Bingham's career, at his age it will be tough to maintain consistency of the quality he's shown this week ... at least with Selby and Trump (comparable only because of their one ranking title) have time on their side. But those numbers really do prove how strong the depth is today <ok>

& Allen :happy:

Postby Bourne

I'd much rather different winners in the big tournaments than what we're getting in tennis today with the same two grinding out week after week :zzz: Just imagine if Higgins and Selby were winning every tournament <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Exactly. People are acting like we're claiming that Bingham is going to suddenly dominate the game. We're not. It's just good to see somebody who has given 16-years of his life to snooker finally win a ranking event. :happy: Even if he probably isn't going to do feck all after this.

Postby Wildey

it happens these players thats done nothing gets a great Result ....

How about Higginson and Swail in wales ......Higginson not even threatned anything like that before or since.

Great Players adds 2 3 4 5 6 etc etc

thats the Target now go out and DO IT.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:it happens these players thats done nothing gets a great Result ....

How about Higginson and Swail in wales ......Higginson not even threatned anything like that before or since.

Great Players adds 2 3 4 5 6 etc etc

thats the Target now go out and DO IT.

Have to agree with that <ok> And now Bingham will be more of a marked man, he'll be one that qualifiers want to draw in R1 of tournaments rather than Bingham being one that qualifiers prefer to avoid.

Postby GJ

Yes i wanted robbo to win this

But if not i wanted a big name to win first aussie ranking event

Gutted i must say

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:Yes i wanted robbo to win this

Gutted i must say

nothing at all to be gutted about it was a great event for Australia Great Crowds if they not back after this.

its Sport that what exciting sometimes the unexpected happens and the little man triumphs.

When Wimbledon beat Liverpool for the 88 cup final its fairytale that did not put Wimbledon the next big thing it just added to the fairytale of that final still talked about years later.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:When does PTC2 start :chin:

6th of august with main draw 8th.

Lovely jubbly <ok> Think Judd's got an exho before that somewhere but I can't remember where or when :chin: I'm sure el vino will flow :evilgrin:

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:Yes i wanted robbo to win this

Gutted i must say

nothing at all to be gutted about it was a great event for Australia Great Crowds if they not back after this.

its Sport that what exciting sometimes the unexpected happens and the little man triumphs.

When Wimbledon beat Liverpool for the 88 cup final its fairytale that did not put Wimbledon the next big thing it just added to the fairytale of that final still talked about years later.

:bowdown:

Postby Wildey

When Barry Hearn took over witz said the Journeymen will be weeded out and he named them Campbell,McLeod,Bingham etc etc.

Since Then Campbell has gone from a career high ranking of 45 to 23

Mcleod is Ranked Provisionally in the top 32

and Bingham Ranking event winner and Ranked 12th in the World

rofl rofl

Postby Steve K

SnookerFan wrote:I liked the Australian trophy as well. It's a pretty thing. :happy:

Completely agree. Out of all the trophies from the past few years it is my favourite hands down. It is a real trophy with a proper base and not some piece of plastic with a snooker ball on top!

Amazing final, amazing tournament in fact. I say more here http://maximumsnooker.com/australian_op ... s_gold.htm but I think that Australia definitely has a place in the snooker calendar for years to come.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:When Barry Hearn took over witz said the Journeymen will be weeded out and he named them Campbell,McLeod,Bingham etc etc.

rofl rofl

and you think this is a good thing :no:

if anything these guys are beneficaries of the top 16 being too laid back and complacent under the new set up.

and Binghams 11th ahead of Allen by the way >-(

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:When Barry Hearn took over witz said the Journeymen will be weeded out and he named them Campbell,McLeod,Bingham etc etc.

rofl rofl

and you think this is a good thing :no:

if anything these guys are beneficaries of the top 16 being too laid back and complacent under the new set up.

and Binghams 11th ahead of Allen by the way >-(

yes on the provisional s for the next cut off but on the official rankings that change after every event but means buck all he will be 12th <laugh>

Postby Wildey

regarding top players being complacent well unless they get with it there will be new top players.

Bingham is breathing down the neck of trump and Dott in the rankings now.

Postby vodkadiet

Every dog has his day, and Bingham is a dog. He plays like a dog, and acts like a dog.

Williams played like a dog. I cannot believe people are saying he did nothing wrong. He did plenty wrong.

If that match had been a quarter final at The Crucible, Williams would have won 13-3.

Bingham has won an out of season lottery of a tournament. They have all played like dogs against him.

Others have won ranking events who are useless.

As for this showing great depth, what rubbish. It shows what a ridiculously weak era we are watching.

Williams is world number 1 and well past his peak, Higgins is well past his best and World and UK Champion. The list goes on.

I blame Barry Hearn for all this. If Sir Rodney Walker had been in charge there would be no ranking events being played out of season.

Why do you think Rodney Walker has been knighted and Barry Hearn hasn't even got an MBE?

Now you know why. <ok>

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:Every dog has his day, and Bingham is a dog. He plays like a dog, and acts like a dog.

Williams played like a dog. I cannot believe people are saying he did nothing wrong. He did plenty wrong.

If that match had been a quarter final at The Crucible, Williams would have won 13-3.

Bingham has won an out of season lottery of a tournament. They have all played like dogs against him.

As for this showing great depth, what rubbish. It shows what a ridiculously weak era we are watching.

Williams is world number 1 and well past his peak, Higgins is well past his best and World and UK Champion. The list goes on.

I blame Barry Hearn for all this. If Sir Rodney Walker had been in charge there would be no ranking events being played out of season.

Why do you think Rodney Walker has been knighted and Barry Hearn hasn't even got an MBE?

Now you know why. <ok>

I thought your Judd predictions at the Worlds were bad but ... :chuckle:

Postby vodkadiet

:win:
Bourne wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Every dog has his day, and Bingham is a dog. He plays like a dog, and acts like a dog.

Now you know why. <ok>

I thought your Judd predictions at the Worlds were bad but ... :chuckle:

I said that Bristol dimwit couldn't win the worlds, and I was proved right. :D

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:if rodney walker was in charge there would be very few snooker played in out shake it all about season either.

Sir Rodney was a class act. He should be running snooker.

Sir Rodders <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

buck sake, go back to drinking your vodka.

I was going to do a thread asking how people rated this tournament, but there's no point. It was excellent. If people get on their periods just because a player they don't like won, well then that's their loss. This was a classic tournament, and my only regret is that it didn't get as much coverage as the World Cup. Two matches on at a time would've been <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

Loved this tournament. Shows that, with what all these modifications we've been making, a traditional bo9/bo11/bo 18 tournament can still produce the goods. :bowdown:

For me, the Shanghai Masters can't come soon enough. :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:buck sake, go back to drinking your vodka.

I was going to do a thread asking how people rated this tournament, but there's no point. It was excellent. If people get on their periods just because a player they don't like won, well then that's their loss. This was a classic tournament, and my only regret is that it didn't get as much coverage as the World Cup. Two matches on at a time would've been <cool>

the TV Thing was more to do with Fox Sport first time covering snooker it was their call on Cameras Set up etc.

Hopefully with the success this week they will do that next year.