Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Wild Card and Last 32 Discuss

Postby SnookerFan

Ken Doherty vs Liang will be interesting. Liang has struggled for form, if you don't count the World Cup that was a team game. But Ken is past his best too.

This could turn out to be a pretty interesting quarter-final line-up. I'd love to see a decent tournament run by Ken Doherty and Stephen Hendry. Though, I may just be dreaming.

Postby GJ

SnookerFan wrote:Ken Doherty vs Liang will be interesting. Liang has struggled for form, if you don't count the World Cup that was a team game. But Ken is past his best too.

This could turn out to be a pretty interesting quarter-final line-up. I'd love to see a decent tournament run by Ken Doherty and Stephen Hendry. Though, I may just be dreaming.

it may be interesting but its will only be on live scoring

no chance its on tv table

:hatoff: <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

GJ wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ken Doherty vs Liang will be interesting. Liang has struggled for form, if you don't count the World Cup that was a team game. But Ken is past his best too.

it may be interesting but its will only be on live scoring

no chance its on tv table

:hatoff: <cool>

True enough.

I wonder if it's worth going to Australia next year, just to watch snooker? rofl Probably not.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Why is Judd Trump's romantic life so interesting to everybody? rofl

cos if we sat waiting for stories of your conquests wed be here till we were 100 :D

for a Aussie stud GJ is slightly slow on that aswell rofl

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Why is Judd Trump's romantic life so interesting to everybody? rofl

cos if we sat waiting for stories of your conquests wed be here till we were 100 :D

its called private business :ahh: :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

its called private business :ahh: :hatoff:

:limp:

Postby Witz78

interesting seeing Hendon on Twitter also slating the players attitudes towards foreign events, wonder if Monique will start arguing with him too............

As Hendon says most of the players dont even leave the hotel in between playing at tournaments. A joke really. When im away anywhere im lucky if i spend more than 4-5 hours a day in the hotel.

Postby GJ

Carter is a pathetic weasel and others they moan when there were not enough events now crying when there are extra events

no pleasing some

Postby Witz78

could be the worst QF line up ever more like. These donkey journeymen of around 40 year old benefitting from the stinking attitude of the elite, and thus securing their top 32 places in the rankings for eternity :fart:

Wenbo my big hope now in this tournament. :hatoff:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:

could be the worst QF line up ever more like. These donkey journeymen of around 40 year old benefitting from the stinking attitude of the elite, and thus securing their top 32 places in the rankings for eternity :fart:

It's not their faults if the top-16 play badly, can't be fussed or are too tired from playing in the World Cup. You only beat what's put in front of you. The oldies came through qualifying, just like any other player, so can't complain.

Besides, Hendry is provisionally ranked 17, and finished last season in the official top-16. Hardly a journeyman.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

It's not their faults if the top-16 play badly, can't be fussed or are too tired from playing in the World Cup. You only beat what's put in front of you. The oldies came through qualifying, just like any other player, so can't complain.

Besides, Hendry is provisionally ranked 17, and finished last season in the official top-16. Hardly a journeyman.

Hendry wasnt really in my thoughts when i said that, but yeh i guess he almost falls into that category now.

Im thinking more along the lines of the likes of McLeod, Campbell, M.Davis, Dale etc who have been around for years doing nothing yet still are doing enough to stay high, infact all of them doing as well as they have in their careers.

fair play to them i guess for stepping it up and earning a last few seasons paydays before the young guns emerge

but the likes of the top 16 will look back in years to come and think, i wish id given it my all when i was at the top of my game, the way the sport is heading i think the days of players being regular fixtures in the top 1 for 10,15,20 years will be gone, bar a few exceptions.