Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Wild Card and Last 32 Discuss

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:were as ronald has a history of pulling out without good reason .......

he wasnt wearing a condom :chin:

:?

rofl rofl :chuckle: :chuckle:

Postby PLtheRef

Monique wrote:They have removed both Dott and ROS from the draw completely. So would that mean by your logic Pltheref that Dott isn't eligible for points neither? Dott made the trip to Bangkok and withdrew after being whitewashed by Selby. A result that surprised me until I learned he suffered neck problems. Or do you consider it's excuses as well?
ROS hates flying, so if he didn't intend to play at all he would have withdrawn earlier and certainly wouldn't have made the trip to Bangkok (as Dave Hendon also points out BTW). That's just nonsense. People will tell me that he could have tried and go to Melbourne in the hope to get treatment there. Well that's even more true for Dott who had more time ahead of himself to possibly recover. Only that going even further away from home, in pain, with next to nil hope to be able to play isn't neither appealing nor sensible.

Is Gilbert v James Misfud now on the draw as a round two match? I thought it was a round one match? with the winner meeting Graeme in Round Two - and obviously with Graeme pulling out with his neck problem, going straight into round three.

I've not called Dott here Monique - and I would respectfully ask that you do actually bear that in mind before telling people what I consider excuses or not.

What my point is that when Ronnie has withdrawn from tournaments before - and has been due to play a W/C match winner (take Shanghai for an example) he's always remained as scratched/eliminated in the last 32 - where in this case, Ronnie would be considered as scratched/eliminated in round one or last 48 depending i

Thats what has surprised me - and why I'd hazard a guess at Ronnie would not be eligible for the last 32 points as according to the draw for the tournament, he was eliminated in the 48, not 32.

Postby Roland

Actually scratch that about the Robbo bet. I moved across to Betfred but then see he's in the same quarter as Mark Williams. 9/1 is about right.

Trump at 14/1 and Gould at 50/1 are far more tempting

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:They have removed both Dott and ROS from the draw completely. So would that mean by your logic Pltheref that Dott isn't eligible for points neither? Dott made the trip to Bangkok and withdrew after being whitewashed by Selby. A result that surprised me until I learned he suffered neck problems. Or do you consider it's excuses as well?
ROS hates flying, so if he didn't intend to play at all he would have withdrawn earlier and certainly wouldn't have made the trip to Bangkok (as Dave Hendon also points out BTW). That's just nonsense. People will tell me that he could have tried and go to Melbourne in the hope to get treatment there. Well that's even more true for Dott who had more time ahead of himself to possibly recover. Only that going even further away from home, in pain, with next to nil hope to be able to play isn't neither appealing nor sensible.

Yes they will be rewarded with the 700 basic points then a committee will decide at a later date if they can keep those points if their decision to withdraw was legit.

they removed them from the draw to basically get rid of the morning session on the Monday.

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:

Yes they will be rewarded with the 700 basic points then a committee will decide at a later date if they can keep those points if their decision to withdraw was legit.

they removed them from the draw to basically get rid of the morning session on the Monday.

But that can easily be done - and has been done in the past by shifting the matches around - according to the rules they can reschedule any match, but I didnt think, wouldn't think they could alter the draw? As in Dominic could be forgiven for believing himself entitled to a last 16 place if his opponent scratches.

Postby Wildey

PLtheRef wrote:
Wild wrote:

But that can easily be done - and has been done in the past by shifting the matches around - according to the rules they can reschedule any match, but I didnt think, wouldn't think they could alter the draw? As in Dominic could be forgiven for believing himself entitled to a last 16 place if his opponent scratches.

this is tricky

some fans believe like you and Dave Hendon others Bourne for example Belive if there's a withdrawal to award it to a Lucky Loser like in Tennis ?(Say Mark King he been vocal on twitter lol) there is no right or wrong all they did is juggle a wild carder and not a Qualifier in to a last 32 Match.

no disrespect to Steve but i bet Dominic pretty happier now than the Draw he had this morning lol

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:If you pull out of an event prior to its commencement then you should not receive any points - regardless of the reason.

i agree it makes it clearer no playing no points tough

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:If you pull out of an event prior to its commencement then you should not receive any points - regardless of the reason.

i agree and i also think you should not receive any points in an event if you lose your opening match regardless of whether its the last 96 or the last 32. A level playing field for all.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

i agree and i also think you should not receive any points in an event if you lose your opening match regardless of whether its the last 96 or the last 32. A level playing field for all.

but then a gap from last 32 in the WC to Last 16 in the WC Would be 3,800 points

lose last 32 = 0,000 points
lose last 16 = 3,800 points

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

but then a gap from last 32 in the WC to Last 16 in the WC Would be 3,800 points

AND your point is? :spot on:

at the end of a day why should those in the top 16 get so many more points than those further down. Take the WC for starters, lose in the last 96 and you get 400 points, lose in the last 32 and you get 1,000 points MORE.

Things like this help slow down the prospects of true form being rewarded and the tour being fairer to all.

If you dont win your opening game the you dont deserve to be there, if you consisitently do it, and IMO you dont deserve any points for losing, let alone lots more than someone whos further down the rankings.

Why reward the elite or players higher up than others, they should have to earn their place totally with results, not by just getting more starter points per event.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:i agree it makes it clearer no playing no points tough

AND your point is? :spot on:

at the end of a day why should those in the top 16 get so many more points than those further down. Take the WC for starters, lose in the last 96 and you get 400 points, lose in the last 32 and you get 1,000 points MORE.

Things like this help slow down the prospects of true form being rewarded and the tour being fairer to all.

If you dont win your opening game the you dont deserve to be there, if you consisitently do it, and IMO you dont deserve any points for losing, let alone lots more than someone whos further down the rankings.

Why reward the elite or players higher up than others, they should have to earn their place totally with results, not by just getting more starter points per event.

point is Stephen Hendry would be far closer to the top 8 under your proposals.