Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Wild Card and Last 32 Discuss

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Yeh just saw Judds tweet about his mates going to Ibiza next Thursday

hmm i wonder

Which leads one to wonder if it's about time there should be a ranking event in Ibiza :chin:

<laugh>

20s too 30s whits Leaves out Hendry,Davis,Ebdon,Doherty and White plus Brecel and Kacper lol

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Yeh just saw Judds tweet about his mates going to Ibiza next Thursday

hmm i wonder

Which leads one to wonder if it's about time there should be a ranking event in Ibiza :chin:

rofl Who the buck would go to it? It's not exactly the reason you go to Ibiza. Unless they promised that every fan in attendance could get free alcohol, drugs or a sex session with Michaela Tabb.

Postby Wildey

my conclusion is.

he was not looking forward at all to go in the first place but made a attempt got bored and decided to turn back or his bi polar made him anxious going so far from home (before anyone says ye ye ye lol it is a symptom of bi polar).

and if thats the case it doesn't look good for Ronnie in todays jet setting snooker climate.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:I knew it. Just shows he' no longer dedicated to the game.

As opposed to a few years ago, where you'd struggle to keep him off the plane. :roll:

rofl

Postby vodkadiet

boris_the_butcher wrote:lol I always check the draw on wikipedia for overseas ranking events to see if a w/d appears beside O'Sullivans name.

If most of snooker's events were played overseas then O'Sullivan would have to retire. I doubt he even went to the airport. He never left Essex.

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
boris_the_butcher wrote:lol I always check the draw on wikipedia for overseas ranking events to see if a w/d appears beside O'Sullivans name.

If most of snooker's events were played overseas then O'Sullivan would have to retire. I doubt he even went to the airport. He never left Essex.

According to the always reliable internet rumours, he's got back and neck problems.

What bullocks. He didn't want to go back to that neck of the world is all.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

According to the always reliable internet rumours, he's got back and neck problems.

What fluffy bunnies. He didn't want to go back to that neck of the world is all.

O'Sullivan should just be more honest, and tell Hearn he is only going to play in the UK. I mean, you cannot force someone to play overseas, if they don't want to travel.

All this rubbish about back and neck pains is getting very tiresome. At least try and be more original, why not say "I have a fractured eyelash?"

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

What bullocks. He didn't want to go back to that neck of the world is all.

it doesn't look good for Ronnie on the World Stage ......Barzilian Masters very soon will he be there ?

Postby Monique

Well I would think that traveling as far as Bangkok - which he did - with no intention to play, only to have an excuse for not playing would be quite extreme even by Ronnie's standards. It's not the first time that Ronnie suffers back and neck problems in general, and after a long haul flight in particular. When he won the Shanghai Masters in 2009 he arrived in China with a bad back, was seen by the chinese doctors, was diagnosed with a displaced vertebra, was treated by an osteopath and by an acupuncturist, both Chinese not his doctors, and was able to play. But he had arrived a few days early and had a bit of time to recover before he had to play. This time he would have arrived in Melbourne just the day before his match and maybe in a even worse state.
Some of the comments above would be justified if he hadn't taken the trip at all. Under the circumstances they are not.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Well I would think that traveling as far as Bangkok - which he did - with no intention to play, only to have an excuse for not playing would be quite extreme even by Ronnie's standards. It's not the first time that Ronnie suffers back and neck problems in general, and after a long haul flight in particular. When he won the Shanghai Masters in 2009 he arrived in China with a bad back, was seen by the chinese doctors, was diagnosed with a displaced vertebra, was treated by an osteopath and by an acupuncturist, both Chinese not his doctors, and was able to play. But he had arrived a few days early and had a bit of time to recover before he had to play. This time he would have arrived in Melbourne just the day before his match and maybe in a even worse state.
Some of the comments above would be justified if he hadn't taken the trip at all. Under the circumstances they are not.

mon to be honest he was not excited about going was he ?

when he was playing legends even PTC he was excited about it and he was tweeting as such... long haul flights aren't good for people with bi polar..

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:Well I would think that traveling as far as Bangkok - which he did - with no intention to play, only to have an excuse for not playing would be quite extreme even by Ronnie's standards. It's not the first time that Ronnie suffers back and neck problems in general, and after a long haul flight in particular. When he won the Shanghai Masters in 2009 he arrived in China with a bad back, was seen by the chinese doctors, was diagnosed with a displaced vertebra, was treated by an osteopath and by an acupuncturist, both Chinese not his doctors, and was able to play. But he had arrived a few days early and had a bit of time to recover before he had to play. This time he would have arrived in Melbourne just the day before his match and maybe in a even worse state.

mon to be honest he was not excited about going was he ?

when he was playing legends even PTC he was excited about it and he was tweeting as such... long haul flights aren't good for people with bi polar..

and not good for people with back problems - they are genuine, certainly since August 2007 when he hurt his back seriously at the gym. Now I'm not sure that running and working out as much as he does is helping the whole situation, but that's another debate.

I don't think the idea of flying for over 22 hours was appealing to him, certainly not. I wouldn't have been overly surprised if he had withdrew a few days ago. But if he got as far as Bangkok I really believe that he fully intended to play.

Postby Witz78

ah well, fair chance Ronnie will be out of the top 16 after this event, so hes really going to have no choice but to get his finger out and play in all the PTCs and do well again, if hes to stand any chance of making it to the Masters, and not having to qualify for the UK.

After all the other ranker in this rankings period is Shanghai so not much chance of him picking up any points from that either, so who would have thought it, but it might be the PTCs that save Ronnies skin this season haha

Postby Witz78

I think Ronnie doesnt give 2 hoots about foreign events anymore, thats clear

in the last year hes skipped Shanghai, Germany, Australia, invitationals he was invited to, 5 EPTCs.

I think hes happy now just to focus on playing the UK events, not that theres many of them left. I dont think hes even bothered about going out of the top 16, if it happens it happens.

hell just turn up and qualify for the UK based events he wants to like the UK, Worlds, Welsh.

he may see the challenge of trying to stay in the top 16 by doing as well as he can at the UK based events as something to keep him going, so he doesnt have to enter the foreign events.

to be honest in this day and age of lots of tournaments, im surprised players actually still need to give a reason for not playing, i thought snooker was heading towards tennis etc where the players just picked and choose what evetns that they played in.