Topic locked

Re: Bahrain Take Two..

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I wasn't exactly a huge fan of Bahrain but the way people used it as a stick to beat Robbo was embarrassing, just because he was good enough to take advantage of the weaker field ... and let's be frank it was hardly a fluke win, he was world champion 18 months later.

a few weeks later Shaun Murphy won the UK with John Higgins the only man that reached the Quarter Final of the UK that was not playing in Barhain. so was it a weaker field ?

Exactly, if they'd have been such a huge and almighty force in Bahrain then why couldn't they perform for the UK ? The naysayers can't have it both ways :no:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:the only thing with the Australian open coverage eurosport only showing the evening session 10.30am in the UK

But the afternoon session is 4am in the UK.

lets be honest, other than Snookerfan who in their right mind is gonna reset the sands of time and get up at silly o'clock <doh>

shift workers in hospitals rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:the only thing with the Australian open coverage eurosport only showing the evening session 10.30am in the UK

But the afternoon session is 4am in the UK.

Yeah, I noticed that. Bit of a shame, but to be honest, getting up at 4:30am every morning would stretch even the saddest snooker anorak. And, what with Eurosport being Eurosport, it'd be risky getting Annual Leave, as the stuff on at 10:30am may be 50% tennis anyway. rofl

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:witz

it was nowhere near the worst ranker ever did you even watch it ? ffs idiot

yes audience was not great but the snooker produced was worth it even the qualifiers braught out a amazing performance from Liang Wenbo.....it was a great tournament played in the wrong country.

and apparently Aussie Open Tickets is selling very well http://www.bendigoadvertiser.com.au/new ... 24360.aspx

If it was nowhere near the worst ranker, then enlighten me as to what rankers were near the worst ranker, and what indeed was the worst ranker.

Bahrain for me, summed up Walkers shambolic reign in a nutshell and anyone trying to kid themselves on it wasnt a farce of an event obviously has ulterior motives for doing so.

That seasons Grand Prix won by John Higgins had lower standard of play by miles.

id dispute that

Davis played a cracker to beat Robbo

Trump had a great run to the semis and his semi v Higgins was a great match as was the other semi Day v Carter.

The final was a brilliant match with Days comeback attempt

but the match of the tournament, and im probably biased cos i was at it, was the Hendry - Williams one (only kidding)........... no, the Higgins - Ding one where Ding was in awesome form early on, the first glimpses that he was over the Masters humiliation from 2007, but classic Higgins hung in there at 2-2 somehow then went on to win.

At the end of the day tho, there was almost 3 times as much prize money in the GP compared to Bahrain (so much for these rich Arabs splashing the cash) and ALL the big names turned up at this event (unlike the farcial Bahrain with 5 pulling out) plus this event was on the BBC too.

No contest, the 2008 GP was better.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:I wasn't exactly a huge fan of Bahrain but the way people used it as a stick to beat Robbo was embarrassing, just because he was good enough to take advantage of the weaker field ... and let's be frank it was hardly a fluke win, he was world champion 18 months later.

a few weeks later Shaun Murphy won the UK with John Higgins the only man that reached the Quarter Final of the UK that was not playing in Barhain. so was it a weaker field ?

of course Bahrain was a weaker field. Why even try and make some daft argument to try and claim it wasnt any weaker <doh>

NO Higgins, Ding, Ronnie, Selby and Davis <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
If it was nowhere near the worst ranker, then enlighten me as to what rankers were near the worst ranker, and what indeed was the worst ranker.

Bahrain for me, summed up Walkers shambolic reign in a nutshell and anyone trying to kid themselves on it wasnt a farce of an event obviously has ulterior motives for doing so.

That seasons Grand Prix won by John Higgins had lower standard of play by miles.

id dispute that

Davis played a cracker to beat Robbo

Trump had a great run to the semis and his semi v Higgins was a great match as was the other semi Day v Carter.

The final was a brilliant match with Days comeback attempt

but the match of the tournament, and im probably biased cos i was at it, was the Hendry - Williams one (only kidding)........... no, the Higgins - Ding one where Ding was in awesome form early on, the first glimpses that he was over the Masters humiliation from 2007, but classic Higgins hung in there at 2-2 somehow then went on to win.

At the end of the day tho, there was almost 3 times as much prize money in the GP compared to Bahrain (so much for these rich Arabs splashing the cash) and ALL the big names turned up at this event (unlike the farcial Bahrain with 5 pulling out) plus this event was on the BBC too.

No contest, the 2008 GP was better.

I'd agree with that. Not that I could tell you off the top of my head what the prize money for either tournament was, nor care that much. But the fact it was on the BBC, and everybody turned up to play in it made it much better then the Bahrain one. The Bahrain was incompetence in the extreme, whereas this one was run properly. Bahrain was only entertaining if you liked watching it, and could look past the dozy decisions.

And for once, I agree with Bourne. It was a bit silly to have a go at Robbo cos of this. If it was his only ranking victory, maybe. But he's had six. And never lost a final. The naysayers always seem to have an excuse ready for him. He played for qualifiers out of five matches in the Worlds, or two of his ranking finals have been against first-time finalists, etc...

Six rankers is six rankers.
Last edited by SnookerFan on 13 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

of course Bahrain was a weaker field. Why even try and make some daft argument to try and claim it wasnt any weaker <doh>

Perry who lost 5-0 to maguire in barhain beat Ronnie 9-5 in the UK.

Mark Williams who got hammered by Trump and did not qualify for barhain beat Selby in the UK.

and Davis IN a event makes it weak when he is missing automatically makes it a stronger field <ok>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Perry who lost 5-0 to maguire in barhain beat Ronnie 9-5 in the UK.

Mark Williams who got hammered by Trump and did not qualify for barhain beat Selby in the UK.

and Davis IN a event makes it weak when he is missing automatically makes it a stronger field <ok>

er this would be the same 2008 Steve Davis who in the Grand Prix beat Robertson who then went on to win this so called far stronger event in Bahrain. <doh>

Postby Witz78

cant believe your even trying to argue that an event without Ronnie, Ding, Selby, Higgins, Davis IS stronger !?!

anyway sod this, the suns shining and im away fishing !!!

Postby randam05

GJ, I dont know what you hate about me so much, and I dont really care. You call me simple or whatever. I dont reckon you got A*s and A's at GCSE? and stayed on college to do A levels and get two A's and a B and a C?

I also watch a LOT more snooker then you and probably play a lot more than you. But if you could stop having a dig at me it would be nice. Its very rarely I see you post anything of interest, other than bumming robertson to be honest, or talking about tits.

Carry on calling me what you like, it doesnt bother me what you think, you havent met me, and even if you are just having a laugh or whatever, I dont think its correct.

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:GJ, I dont know what you hate about me so much, and I dont really care. You call me simple or whatever. I dont reckon you got A*s and A's at GCSE? and stayed on college to do A levels and get two A's and a B and a C?

I also watch a LOT more snooker then you and probably play a lot more than you. But if you could stop having a dig at me it would be nice. Its very rarely I see you post anything of interest, other than bumming robertson to be honest, or talking about tits.

Carry on calling me what you like, it doesnt bother me what you think, you havent met me, and even if you are just having a laugh or whatever, I dont think its correct.

i have a business degree

and a successful business

next :wave: :hatoff:

and you bum dom dale constantly on here so your one to talk about me

:wave: :fart:

Postby Wildey

COME ON YOU 2

kiss and make up no need for this :kiss:

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:COME ON YOU 2

kiss and make up no need for this :kiss:

:?

im all for banter he has had several digs at stevens recently and this silly article about aussie open

so in turn i called him simples side kick and he he reacts like a baby this evening

:wave:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
randam05 wrote:GJ, I dont know what you hate about me so much, and I dont really care. You call me simple or whatever. I dont reckon you got A*s and A's at GCSE? and stayed on college to do A levels and get two A's and a B and a C?

i have a business degree

:chuckle: to be fair randams got a point GJ, all u really do on here is suck up to Wild and agree with 99% of what he says, constantly bombard us with your Robbo lovefest and anything else that happens to be Aussie, call Snookerfan and Randam Simple and Simples sidekick, bum up Stevens and Selt till they get knocked out of events, slagging off Jimmy just cos your jealous of his popularity, wrongly say someones won a frame in the hope of jinxing them, oh and continually calling Drago a mafia joke.

predictable to the hilt and dont think ive ever seen you take the lead and actually say anything of note on a "subject" other than those above.......... :john:

Postby Wildey

NO WITZ

GJ and ME has disagreements

Postby GJ

witz

get your eyesight tested me and wild have disagreed on alot of issues recently

most notably the byes issue and snooker not being a summer sport

wake up sleepy head

:boo:
Last edited by GJ on 13 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby randam05

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

i have a business degree

:chuckle: to be fair randams got a point GJ, all u really do on here is suck up to Wild and agree with 99% of what he says, constantly bombard us with your Robbo lovefest and anything else that happens to be Aussie, call Snookerfan and Randam Simple and Simples sidekick, bum up Stevens and Selt till they get knocked out of events, slagging off Jimmy just cos your jealous of his popularity, wrongly say someones won a frame in the hope of jinxing them, oh and continually calling Drago a mafia joke.

predictable to the hilt and dont think ive ever seen you take the lead and actually say anything of note on a "subject" other than those above.......... :john:

:hatoff: :bowdown:

especially the last sentence witz :hatoff:

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:NO WITZ

wild

:hatoff:

Postby randam05

I never had anything against GJ before he randomly started calling me simples side kick or whatever anyway. Just didnt see the need for it. Makes me think I shouldnt bother posting!

Postby GJ

It says it all about someone of 17 when their little sister posts in a far more mature way and has a far better knowledge of snooker

:john: :chuckle: rofl

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:It says it all about someone of 17 when their little sister posts in a far more mature way and has a far better knowledge of snooker

:john: :chuckle: rofl

Not going to offend her, but does she have more knowledge? <laugh>

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:
Wild wrote:NO WITZ

wild

:hatoff:

yous have the occasional lovers tiff yeh :limp:

so anyway, other than tha you agree with what i say <laugh>

Postby GJ

The welsh fountain of knowledge is rarely wrong so agree with alot of what he posts

but i disagree with him on numerous issues

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:The welsh fountain of knowledge is rarely wrong so agree with alot of what he posts

Well my tactics with Wild tend to be, slate him and argue till im blue in the teeth on what i disagree with :grrr: :no:

and what he says i agree with, well thats only usually cos hes changed his opinion and copied my viewpoint :john:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:The welsh fountain of knowledge is rarely wrong so agree with alot of what he posts

Well my tactics with Wild tend to be, slate him and argue till im blue in the teeth on what i disagree with :grrr: :no:

and what he says i agree with, well thats only usually cos hes changed his opinion and copied my viewpoint :john:

when you talk sense ill listen :bow:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

when you talk sense ill listen :bow:

you must have sore ears from constantly listening then :chuckle:

Postby Bourne

It says a lot when Witz is the most sensible poster in the last 20 posts on this thread :chuckle:

Postby GJ

The final brought the curtain down on a hugely successful week, supported by LARGE and appreciative crowds.

The Australian Open is another winner: gimmick free, it proved that tournament snooker is still a big draw.

As Williams graciously said afterwards, long may the game return to Australia, where the snooker public in this long neglected outpost played their full part in making it a memorable week

randam

thoughts :wave:

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote: :chuckle: to be fair randams got a point GJ, all u really do on here is suck up to Wild and agree with 99% of what he says, constantly bombard us with your Robbo lovefest and anything else that happens to be Aussie, call Snookerfan and Randam Simple and Simples sidekick, bum up Stevens and Selt till they get knocked out of events, slagging off Jimmy just cos your jealous of his popularity, wrongly say someones won a frame in the hope of jinxing them, oh and continually calling Drago a mafia joke.

Missed that before. If i didn't know better, I'd think Witz was sticking up for me. rofl

First time for everything.