Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!!!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:indeed he has Steve Davis has withdrawn from the Australian Open.

<doh>

its as if Davis has lost his love for playing the game since he got involved in the politics of the sport with Hearn.

He really ought to have retired this summer, if not after last years WC if he knew he was going to miss so many events or not practice for others.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:indeed he has Steve Davis has withdrawn from the Australian Open.

<doh>

its as if Davis has lost his love for playing the game since he got involved in the politics of the sport with Hearn.

He really ought to have retired this summer, if not after last years WC if he knew he was going to miss so many events or not practice for others.

yes he has not got the love anymore although Jimmy fell to the brink he still loves it.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of June

10am

Matthew Selt 5-1 Adrian Gunnell
Mark Joyce 5-3 Jimmy Robertson
Rory McLeod 5-3 Jimmy White
Jamie Burnett 5-3 Andrew Norman
Mike Dunn 5-3 Rod Lawler
Joe Jogia 2-5 Yu Delu

Postby Odrl

I'm pleased to see Yu Delu doing well. He has beaten some very good players in wildcard matches before, but with the roles now reversed, I always thought he would struggle in the qualifiers at first. It's good to see him starting with three wins. :-)

It will be very tough for him to qualify though, with Ryan Day as his final opponent.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 29th of June

2.30pm

Tom Ford 5-3 Jack Lisowski
Michael Holt 5-1 Kurt Maflin
Fergal O'Brien 5-1 Sam Craigie
Anthony Hamilton scratched Tian Pengfei w/o

Postby Wildey

Scott Mackenzie is Making the most of his second chance he is 4-1 up on Tony Drago on the verge of a last 48 spot against Ken Doherty.

His Best Result was the 2006 China Open last 16.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Should we add Tony Drago to the Steve Davis should-retire list?

hes only been back on tour 2 seasons.

he had a great 1st season and last year his form tailed off towards the end of the season and has continued thus far in 2010-11.

One "big" name i feel we will see slip off tour this season is Alan McManus, hes been in serious decline for some years and laterlly seems to have somehow continually clung onto top 48 status similar to the way he used to always be in the top 16 despite doing little of note.

Id advise Angles to call it a day and focus on his commentating career.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Should we add Tony Drago to the Steve Davis should-retire list?

hes only been back on tour 2 seasons.

he had a great 1st season and last year his form tailed off towards the end of the season and has continued thus far in 2010-11.

One "big" name i feel we will see slip off tour this season is Alan McManus, hes been in serious decline for some years and laterlly seems to have somehow continually clung onto top 48 status similar to the way he used to always be in the top 16 despite doing little of note.

Id advise Angles to call it a day and focus on his commentating career.

I fear you're right, though it's a shame. I always liked Angles. Be good to see him have a decent run in a ranker before retiring to Eurosport Commentary. But, like you, I don't see it happening.

Postby Witz78

Alex0paul wrote:I think it could be Swail's last season too unfortunately.

to be honest i wont be sorry to see the back of Swail.

Nor would i be sorry to see the tour ridded of the following........

Ian McCulloch
Adrian Gunnell
Andy Hicks
Peter Lines
Nigel Bond
Jamie Burnett
Dave Harold
Barry Pinches
Mike Dunn
Rob Milkins
Anthony Hamilton
Feargal O'Brien
Gerard Greene
Rory McLeod
Tom Ford
Marcus Campbell

All boring grinders and has beens who should be wiped off the face of the tour to make way for the young guns.