Topic locked

Re: Australian Goldfields Open Qualifying Discussion !!!!!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Good win for little Robbo too against his stablemate

My preds for this afternoon:

Jack Lisowski 5-2 Robin Hull
Peter Lines 3-5 Kurt Maflin
Liu Song 1-5 Sam Craigie
Anthony McGill 5-4 Tian Penfei

quick re cap lisowski and Maflin was right <ok>

Mcgill was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy off and Craigie leading 3-2

Postby Roland

Jack hatahs? :chin:

Craigie looks good for 4-2. I did fancy McGill against Penfei but then the guy nearly knocked in 4 centuries on the spin, missing a blue on 95 in the 1st frame according to Jan Verhaas so fair play to him.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Jack hatahs? :chin:

Craigie looks good for 4-2. I did fancy McGill against Penfei but then the guy nearly knocked in 4 centuries on the spin, missing a blue on 95 in the 1st frame according to Jan Verhaas so fair play to him.

Tian should rocket up the rankings hes that good .....last season he won a invitational event that had top players playing in it.

Postby Wildey

impressed with Sam Craigie 17 playing in his first season involved in a grinding match with a experienced campaigner and holding his own ....can he finish it off ??

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Well if he's the better brother then he must be pretty bloody good given the plaudits Stephen was getting from fellow players at the Q School.

dont know if he is better or not but he did beat stephen on the way to win the under 21 WC which gave him his tour spot.

they probably the best sibling in snooker since the Davises lol

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 28th of June

7 pm

Ian McCulloch 3-5 Ben Woolaston
Andy Hicks 1-5 Scott Mackenzie
Alan McManus 1-5 Li Yan
Xiao Guodong 4-5 Liam Highfield
Alfie Burden 2-5 David Gilbert
Matt Couch 5-4 James Wattana

Postby vinot

Wild wrote:
Sonny wrote:Jack hatahs? :chin:

Tian should rocket up the rankings hes that good .....last season he won a invitational event that had top players playing in it.

Yes, he sure is. I've been waiting for him to come around a few years now. Even when he was off tour I had him third best chinese after Ding and Liang, but with Liangs recent play, who is to say he isn't n:o 2 already? I think he has capacity to get to top 16, perhaps in only 2 years.

Postby Wildey

Theres a real Feel that the Future is here this season ....Players between 49 and 64 only 6 of them made it through to the next Round with Rod Lawler being the only stalwart, where as 10 players from the first Qualifying Round progressed young Exciting prospects like Sam Craigie,Liam Highfield and Li Yan. for the first time in a lifetime TBH i have a feeling we are entering a new Younger era where these players can compete and beat their more experienced opponents.....Its Exciting Times for Snooker.

Postby snooky147

Wild wrote:Theres a real Feel that the Future is here this season ....Players between 49 and 64 only 6 of them made it through to the next Round with Rod Lawler being the only stalwart, where as 10 players from the first Qualifying Round progressed young Exciting prospects like Sam Craigie,Liam Highfield and Li Yan. for the first time in a lifetime TBH i have a feeling we are entering a new Younger era where these players can compete and beat their more experienced opponents.....Its Exciting Times for Snooker.

I would maybe agree with that if it wasn't the end of June and the first tournament of the season. I think it will take many of the "stalwarts" a season or two to get used to the earlier start to the season. Wrong attitude from many of them that will cost them points but the young guns will take advantage. Let's see if they consolodate that advantage over a full season before we start thinking it's all over for the, shall we say, more experienced players who have been hanging on in there. I do agree though, it's an exciting prospect. Just not sure that it's actually happening yet.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Wild wrote:Theres a real Feel that the Future is here this season ....Players between 49 and 64 only 6 of them made it through to the next Round with Rod Lawler being the only stalwart, where as 10 players from the first Qualifying Round progressed young Exciting prospects like Sam Craigie,Liam Highfield and Li Yan. for the first time in a lifetime TBH i have a feeling we are entering a new Younger era where these players can compete and beat their more experienced opponents.....Its Exciting Times for Snooker.

I would maybe agree with that if it wasn't the end of June and the first tournament of the season. I think it will take many of the "stalwarts" a season or two to get used to the earlier start to the season. Wrong attitude from many of them that will cost them points but the young guns will take advantage. Let's see if they consolodate that advantage over a full season before we start thinking it's all over for the, shall we say, more experienced players who have been hanging on in there. I do agree though, it's an exciting prospect. Just not sure that it's actually happening yet.

in a season or 2 they will be in Q School

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Come on Selt. I'm waiting for that anticipated Selby vs Selty televised match at a ranker. :bowdown:

Selt crused past Sally and in to the final qualifying round against Ricky Walden with John Higgins awaiting the winner in Australia.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Come on Selt. I'm waiting for that anticipated Selby vs Selty televised match at a ranker. :bowdown:

Selt crused past Sally and in to the final qualifying round against Ricky Walden with John Higgins awaiting the winner in Australia.

Selt will just have to beat Higgins, and let nobody stand in his way until he meets his destiny. Mark Selby.

:bowdown: