Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2011: Finals Weekend (Hopton on Sea,Norfo

Postby king.kauto

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
king.kauto wrote:
Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:It's tough to determine the importance of the Premier League, especially this year.

I would say it's definitely more important than a PTC and a bit less than a standard ranking event. Some people suggested that in the ranking system the price money should replace the points in some way - it's 60.000 pounds for the winner here.

hahaha it doesent come close to the sheffield PTC in prestiege or important lol

It does actually, PL is on SS and highly recognised.
PTC is completely unknown and unseen by the masses.
People who dont follow snooker dont even know the PTC even exist.
If you have Sky Sports you know about PL snooker.

king.auto, I'm afraid you misunderstood Wild.

No suprise there, drunk a hell of a lot of Rioja last night.
Passed out 1 frame into the Ronnie MJ match.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm very much looking forward to the match tonight. Ronnie is favourite but it will tougher than yesterday.

To all those people saying tonight's final is useless/boring: it has a longer format than the UK and Masters opening matches.

i just think shot clock dilutes the potential of a match it gets one dimensional.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm very much looking forward to the match tonight. Ronnie is favourite but it will tougher than yesterday.

To all those people saying tonight's final is useless/boring: it has a longer format than the UK and Masters opening matches.

i just think shot clock dilutes the potential of a match it gets one dimensional.

That's my problem, really. Their match at The Masters has more appeal.

Still though, I might try and find it on live stream. I did just buy a ten box of Fosters for £8 from Sainsburys, but I'll leave that for the UK Championship... :happy:

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:

Have you watched the Ding v Trump yesterday?
That match featured one of the best safety battles - and long ones - in any match I've seen, as well as a remarkable 139 by Ding. All aspects of the game were there, even the unexpected misses ...

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

That match featured one of the best safety battles - and long ones - in any match I've seen, as well as a remarkable 139 by Ding. All aspects of the game were there, even the unexpected misses ...

it was still one dimensional it was punch and counter punch the unexpected misses was time constraint misses and not due to pressure thats the difference and that why its one dimensional.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

it was still one dimensional it was punch and counter punch the unexpected misses was time constraint misses and not due to pressure thats the difference and that why its one dimensional.

If you didn't see how under pressure Trump was feeling as he had the burden of expectations on him you need you head examined. Seriously.
I've see one dimensional matches under any format BTW, and this one certainly was not.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:in other words the clock diluted the match because it was not played on natrual merit because there was missed pots due to artifuicully rushing players.

shrug.

LOL

great match no getting away from that i think the clock was a hinderance because they wouldnt play any faster in a ranker but without rushing some shots.

Postby mediter

Great final on the cards ! Always liked this match-up probably most, O´Sullivan vs Ding. Ding is such a breakbuilder, it really forces to O´Sullivan to concentrate fully and playing his best, and even that might not be enough. Maybe that´s why Ding got that Masters whalloping, but is has def made him just better now when he´s get over it.

Wasn´t the biggest fan of this year Premier League format but must be said it´s all good for the game having all these tournaments now. A stark contrast what used to be a few years ago. It did my head in always just raving how "TWICE World Champion Mark Williams plays here SEVEN times world champion Stephen Hendry"... So what about those fancy achievements, give us acts ! Only acts change the world, those are forever. And now it´s happening, YES we have tournaments to players to play !!

O´Sullivan could be 10 times premier league champion tonight if I have count it right rofl rofl