Topic locked

Will Shootout 2 be as Good as Shootout 1 ?

Yes
25%
No
25%
Not Sure
50%

Total votes : 4

Sky Shootout (The Tactics)

Postby Wildey

Last Year The Sky shootout was a new concept Never played before and it delivered some exciting conclusions but now year on where players has had time to think of tactics Will the Second Year be as Good ?

During The League This year the Shootout Frames has been a Flop Just not really Worked.

All you really got to do is Pot a red and Keep things tight you won.

Re: Sky Shootout (The Tactics)

Postby Wildey

im not sure

could be like going back to an ex never as good the second time around.

Postby Bourne

Yeh definitely a danger of that. Thing about the PL shootout system is it's only used on average once a night, whereas on Shootout night(s) it's happening all the time and it's a bit more breathless what with the music, the girls, the crowd chanting so it doesn't feel as 'formal' as the PL does.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Yeh definitely a danger of that. Thing about the PL shootout system is it's only used on average once a night, whereas on Shootout night(s) it's happening all the time and it's a bit more breathless what with the music, the girls, the crowd chanting so it doesn't feel as 'formal' as the PL does.

yes obviously its different envioronement and crowd interaction....

i hope its good although id like to see it just before the crucible instead of the china open

Postby Bourne

Not really thought about the best time slot for it tbh, any reason why you'd have it before the Worlds ? They are completely chalk and cheese so it wouldn't exactly be the best preparation but then again you could argue the CL hasn't been either but has acted as good match practice for a lot of players going into Sheffield over the last few years ... I still maintain the China Open is really wasted in it's current slot and format.

Postby Witz78

The difference in the shootout frames in the PL is that there have been 4 "normal" frames beforehand in the match and the decider has less of a one off feel about it, plus the players pretty much still play it in a "normal" PL attitude.

The one off all or nothing feel to the Shootout matches at Blackpool makes them feel more unique similar to the way Pot Black frames always felt more tense than a normal decider as both players were going in cold and hadnt built up form and knowledge of the table.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Not really thought about the best time slot for it tbh, any reason why you'd have it before the Worlds ? They are completely chalk and cheese so it wouldn't exactly be the best preparation but then again you could argue the CL hasn't been either but has acted as good match practice for a lot of players going into Sheffield over the last few years ... I still maintain the China Open is really wasted in it's current slot and format.

Id Just Rather if they had Invitatinals etc Before The World so that Inportant Rankers arent seen as Warm Ups.

Postby Witz78

Bourne wrote:Not really thought about the best time slot for it tbh, any reason why you'd have it before the Worlds ? They are completely chalk and cheese so it wouldn't exactly be the best preparation but then again you could argue the CL hasn't been either but has acted as good match practice for a lot of players going into Sheffield over the last few years ... I still maintain the China Open is really wasted in it's current slot and format.

if there was proper rolling rankings in place, with it being the last event before the WC rankings were determined, then its importance would go up tenfold. Total common sense, espec now with the qualifiers after China directly before the WC anyway.

the argument (er, i mean Snookerfans :limp: ) that the fans want to know the draw beforehand is a loada bullocks as the tickets are already on sale now 4 months before the top 16 is determined and 6 months before the qualifiers are known.

Postby Tubberlad

I think it would be ideal before the World Championship.

On the subject of it losing it's appeal, absolutely not. The main selling point is that it's a one off frame, no table time before that, no build up, it's just straight into the melting pot. Completely different to the lamentable Premier League, where Hearn has totally missed the point of the shoot-outs appeal.