Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 4 (Doncaster)

Postby Witz78

mishcka wrote:That was rubbish, I like ronnie, but this is bad way to end a match. It goes to show that the miss rule is just at times, specially in the context of PL, is WRong :(
:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

that rules the same whether its PL or final frame of World Champs.

players who miss 3 times in that situation only got themselves to blame

Postby mishcka

Witz78 wrote:
mishcka wrote:That was rubbish, I like ronnie, but this is bad way to end a match. It goes to show that the miss rule is just at times, specially in the context of PL, is WRong :(
:grrr: :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

that rules the same whether its PL or final frame of World Champs.

players who miss 3 times in that situation only got themselves to blame

yes but it's bad way to end a match, ok Carter is the one to blame here. But it's still a bad way to end a match.

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:
Witz78 wrote:3-0 Carter

trust me, u heard it first here, Ronnies heads not right

rofl

its one of thoes things.

say it often enough sometimes it bound to be true :baby:

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 4 (Doncaster) O'Sullivan Wins.

Postby Monique

Tubberlad wrote:O'Sullivan won on the three strikes rule? What a load of fluffy bunnies

Why? Carter could see at least one red fully. He elected to play the same thin shot he had tried and failed twice before. He knows the rules. Paul Collier had warned him. So where is the problem exactly? The section 3.14 of the rules is clear enough.
One can only suppose that Carter was confident that he could make contact and misjudged his shot, knowing fully the risk he was taking.

Postby GJ

Monique wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:O'Sullivan won on the three strikes rule? What a load of fluffy bunnies

Why? Carter could see at least one red fully. He elected to play the same thin shot he had tried and failed twice before. He knows the rules. Paul Collier had warned him. So where is the problem exactly? The section 3.14 of the rules is clear enough.
One can only suppose that Carter was confident that he could make contact and misjudged his shot, knowing fully the risk he was taking.

:gag:

Postby GJ

beergitte wrote:
Witz78 wrote:3-0 Carter

trust me, u heard it first here, Ronnies heads not right

rofl

It wouldnt matter if ronalds head was stuck up his own ass

Carter would find away to lose to his idol

:hatoff:
Last edited by GJ on 29 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Tubberlad

Monique wrote:

I'm saying that rule is a load of bullocks, could never understand it :hatoff: it's not Sullivan's fault, I'm not suggesting that, I just think it's a bullocks rule.

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:to be honest it is a fluffy bunnies rule

Why exactly? A player is supposed to try to make contact with a ball on by the best of their abilities. When they are not snookered - and Carter was not snookered - there is no reason to fail to do so. The rule is there to make sure that the players do indeed try their best to make contact. They have 2 attempts available to try a trickier but possibly safer option. That should be enough.
It was Carter's decision to take that risk. Why he did it, knowing it would cost him not only the frame but the match, should he fail, that's beyond me. The only explanation I see is that he was confident to make it on third attempt ... and misjudged the difficulty of the shot.

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 4 (Doncaster) O'SULLIVAN WINS.

Postby SnookerFan

Well, yeah. It's not a particularly controversial rule in my eyes. And even if I thought it was, it's still Carter's fault. It's always been the rule, and just in case he did forget it he was warned after two attempts. He took the decision to take the risk, and it cost him the match. It was his decision, no two ways about it.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Well, yeah. It's not a particularly controversial rule in my eyes. And even if I thought it was, it's still Carter's fault. It's always been the rule, and just in case he did forget it he was warned after two attempts. He took the decision to take the risk, and it cost him the match. It was his decision, no two ways about it.

first time i saw that rule being used that way was in 1991 at the Mita World Masters and Terry Griffiths was the player that lost the frame.

back then it was new so players was not used to it 20 years on there was no excuse for what happened last night.

Postby John From London Town

Monique wrote:The only explanation I see is that he was confident to make it on third attempt ... and misjudged the difficulty of the shot.

Ditto! That was exactly how I seen it.
Whether it is a good rule or a bad rule is open to personal debate. However, it is the rule.
On another note, did I hear Andy Goldstein say something like "That was ball in hand for Ronnie there but Ali obviously thought Ronnie would clear up co conceded?"

& finally, something I did like to see, was when Ali did concede & walked off, Ronnie got down & kept hitting them, people were coming up to the barrier, he was shaking their hands, him getting back down again to knock a few in. I liked that. :-)

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:O'Sullivan won on the three strikes rule? What a load of bullocks

Normally when Ronnie and 3 strikes are in the same sentence its someone talking about 3 foreign events hes skipped

Or 3 strikes of a knife :hatoff: - Snr

Postby GJ

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:O'Sullivan won on the three strikes rule? What a load of bullocks

Normally when Ronnie and 3 strikes are in the same sentence its someone talking about 3 foreign events hes skipped

:gag: <laugh> :spot on:

Postby Tubberlad

Casey wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

That's a really, really tasteless joke.

I love it :-D

Postby vodkadiet

I just saw some of this match on youtube. I never watch shot clock snooker but I am always intrigued to see how Carter's game always falls apart when he plays O'Sullivan. Yet again he choked. He had lots of chances to go 2-0 up and as usual crapped his pants when the balls were there.

Carter is just an annoying little Essex whimp.

What is his record with O'Sullivan now? 0-16, 0-17, or something?

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:I just saw some of this match on youtube. I never watch shot clock snooker but I am always intrigued to see how Carter's game always falls apart when he plays O'Sullivan. Yet again he choked. He had lots of chances to go 2-0 up and as usual crapped his pants when the balls were there.

You could say the same about his opponent.

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I just saw some of this match on youtube. I never watch shot clock snooker but I am always intrigued to see how Carter's game always falls apart when he plays O'Sullivan. Yet again he choked. He had lots of chances to go 2-0 up and as usual crapped his pants when the balls were there.

You could say the same about his opponent.

I would say a lot worse about his opponent, and have many times.