Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 3 (Motherwell)

Postby randam05

GJ wrote:
randam05 wrote:This is what robertson is all about. Great stuff :-) He brings huge enjoyment when hes playing well and flowing.

:hatoff:

and tubbs says he is robotic and boring rofl :chuckle:

can be..but nah, i find higgins robotic and boring and lucky

Postby GJ

randam05 wrote:
GJ wrote:
randam05 wrote:This is what robertson is all about. Great stuff :-) He brings huge enjoyment when hes playing well and flowing.

:hatoff:

and tubbs says he is robotic and boring rofl :chuckle:

can be..but nah, i find higgins robotic and boring and lucky

its all about circumstances if a match is tight a champion develops a different style :hatoff:

Postby randam05

how can people not enjoy premier league snooker? tonight has been exceptional and very exciting with an array of huge breaks and outstanding pots. Really enjoyable night!

Postby randam05

Wild wrote:
randam05 wrote:buck me ding

dont think ur his type rofl

<laugh>

Well that was a great night. Robertson back to how he was coule of seasons ago :D Look forward to seeing him play more this coming season if thats how hes going to perform!

Postby SnookerFan

Lucky wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Sounds good. <ok> Sad I missed the end.

As much prestige as a nobbly knees contest <ok>

True enough, but if it's good snooker I'm happy to watch it, no matter how prestigious. The problem with the PL is that it normally doesn't offer good snooker.

Postby Roland

The fact last night was good entertainment had buck all to do with the shot clock and everything to do with the players involved. The shot clock did ruin it because several times the pips kicked in as the player was about to strike the cueball and almost every time the player missed. Also several times the player played the wrong shot and was forced to chase position. Still, it was entertaining enough.

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:The fact last night was good entertainment had buck all to do with the shot clock and everything to do with the players involved. The shot clock did ruin it because several times the pips kicked in as the player was about to strike the cueball and almost every time the player missed. Also several times the player played the wrong shot and was forced to chase position. Still, it was entertaining enough.

Pretty much. Take Ding's clearance in the decider. The fact Ding made a clearance like that was because Ding was playing. buck all to do with the time constraints, or "shoot out rules".

Postby Witz78

Well its fair to say Robbo won me over last night and not just cos he responded to the energy of my "Cmon Neil" shout outs which noised up all the Higgins contingent. What an awesome display from him and he was decent crack at the end too after the show was over posing for pics etc.

A good set up at Motherwell, a well impressive new sports complex they have built on the old industrial wastelands. Joke the bar didnt open till half 6 and nobody was allowed into the arena with drink.

Stroke of luck we found ourselves with tickets for the Front Row and managed to get on screen a lot too.

A late night tho, god knows what time these could run onto if there were 3 deciders and matches were scrappy affairs. Was the guts of midnight before we left and with a food stop en route was half 2 before i got in. Feel sorry for Ding having to rush down for a 9am match today in Sheffield

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Well its fair to say Robbo won me over last night and not just cos he responded to the energy of my "Cmon Neil" shout outs which noised up all the Higgins contingent. What an awesome display from him and he was decent crack at the end too after the show was over posing for pics etc.

A good set up at Motherwell, a well impressive new sports complex they have built on the old industrial wastelands. Joke the bar didnt open till half 6 and nobody was allowed into the arena with drink.

Stroke of luck we found ourselves with tickets for the Front Row and managed to get on screen a lot too.

A late night tho, god knows what time these could run onto if there were 3 deciders and matches were scrappy affairs. Was the guts of midnight before we left and with a food stop en route was half 2 before i got in. Feel sorry for Ding having to rush down for a 9am match today in Sheffield

We wondered if that was you shouting; "Come on Neil." rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:Yeh it sure was me shouting out CMON NEIL !!

GJ will be chuffed to know id now like to apply to join his Wurzel Bumboy FanClub !!

He might not want the competition as Head Bumboy.