Topic locked

Re: Premier League 2011: Week 2 (Guildford)

Postby Wildey

God Mike has lost the plot possibly snake hissed off he has to qualify while Foulds gets in.

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:evening ladies

how is this tp event progressing

jimmy was dire

ronnie was fannying about and ought to have beat hippo

so now my 2 men are knocked out ive been watching big brother

Postby Wildey

Williams moves 2-1 up after so many mistakes.

its been 3 and a half hours of 20 second and 11 frames it doesent matter how fast a shot is you have to pot them

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Only frame I caught was the shootout frame in the second semi, what an anti-climax <doh> <doh> <doh>

yes it was won in 1 not what you want from a shootout frame

Postby Wildey

Mark Williams played Poorly Tonight but came away with 6 Frames=6 Points and is second Behind Fellow Welshman in The Table.

cant do much worst and come out on top.

Postby Wildey

not sure i like this format where everyone dont play each other

Jimmy said its only 2 Matches tonight after he lost but he has only another 2 Nights against Ding and Ronnie and the Maximum Points he can now get from the Event now is 12.

Postby Bourne

TBH i came into this season with high hopes that this format was just the revolution the PL needed to become the second best exho in the game, but I ain't so sure now, I think there's too many competitors, the points system is fair but still not ideal, I still think they've been a bit too middle-of-the-road how they've gone about the shot clock and these extensions and what have you, if you're gona have a shot clock event make it 100% shot clock and no bucking about ... they do away with the extensions in the shootout frames so why not the rest of it <doh>

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:TBH i came into this season with high hopes that this format was just the revolution the PL needed to become the second best exho in the game, but I ain't so sure now, I think there's too many competitors, the points system is fair but still not ideal, I still think they've been a bit too middle-of-the-road how they've gone about the shot clock and these extensions and what have you, if you're gona have a shot clock event make it 100% shot clock and no bucking about ... they do away with the extensions in the shootout frames so why not the rest of it <doh>

snooker is snooker the simplicity of it what makes it work.

if they put in a shot clock that all thats needed.....infact the ball in hand rule ruined the shootout frame tonight.

Postby Tubberlad

Look, the Premier League was grand with a 25 second shot clock. I didn't agree with time extensions, and I still don't agree with them now. I didn't watch any of this, and I don't plan to, but from what I've read of the rules, it has been spoiled by overcomplicating the whole thing, with changing time limits, time extensions... etc.

I don't have a problem with the shotclock. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm pretty lax about it being used in certain events, I think it's at least a variation which is not necessarily a bad thing, and I don't even mind it being used in ONE ranking event. But this is overcomplicated, simple as that. The Premier League was never anything special, but it was a nice tournament and something to watch on a boring Thursday evening... it can go buck itself now.

Postby Witz78

i think the PL is just a nuisance in this clogged up calendar and stops us having a full ranker from Shanghai till the UK. Id rather see the PL prize money put into either a full ranker shown on Sky or a Masters style elite/invitational tournament given the Sky razzmattaz treatment similar to the way Eurosport did with that Mita Masters.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:i think the PL is just a nuisance in this clogged up calendar and stops us having a full ranker from Shanghai till the UK. Id rather see the PL prize money put into either a full ranker shown on Sky or a Masters style elite/invitational tournament given the Sky razzmattaz treatment similar to the way Eurosport did with that Mita Masters.

I certainly wouldn't miss it. Though there are some who think of it as the fourth major. Or is that just the Sky commentators and Seifer? :-D

Postby Roland

This new format is crap, let's not beat around the bush. I'm a Mark Williams fan and I couldn't give a damn if he won the final last night or not.

Postby hitman_ronnie1

Casey wrote:Its all Ronnie has left :hatoff:

fairly depressing when ronnie ain't winning these at the minute.

watching jimmy white was sad. :-(

can't stand shaun murphy.

he's such a teachers pet of a man. :baby:

Postby hitman_ronnie1

Sonny wrote:This new format is crap, let's not beat around the bush. I'm a Mark Williams fan and I couldn't give a damn if he won the final last night or not.

don't mind pl meself.

it's made for tv snooker.

obviously it does't come close to the majors.

ronnie tends to show em who's boss. :bowdown:

cuts out the grinders.

should have had a shot clock for ebdon in 05 world's the timewasting tit. :roll:
Last edited by hitman_ronnie1 on 04 Sep 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:6 year seethe :bowdown:

Ignore him Bourne. He's just a Ronnie lovah. He's particularly inoffensive if you let him get on with it. His boxing predictions are always spot on though. :D

Just kidding, hitman. :emb: