Topic locked

Betfair PTC Grand Finals Semi Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Wednedsay 14th of March - Sunday 18th of March at The Bailey Allen Hall,Galway, Ireland

Semi Finals and After some surprising results we are left with 4 interesting players.

they are

Stephen Maguire won the Last of His Ranking Titles in china in 2008.

Stephen Lee Last Ranking win was in the Welsh Open in 2006.

Andrew Higginson who was Runner up in the 2007 Welsh Open and has never won a Ranking Event.

and Last but by No means Least 2010 World Champion Neil Robertson who is the Current Masters Champion having won 2 Minor PTC's Already this season.

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Semi Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Lee should win comfortably. But the Mags Robbo match will be very interesting. They're both playing well, and while Mags is ahead in the H2H, Robbo is one of the few players who won't both bother about that.

Come on Robbo!

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:robbo has won their last 3 in rankers i think

CueTracker says its 9-3 to Mags. One was in Bahrain, one in the Worlds and the third in a PTC. Only the PTC one is relatively recent.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:

CueTracker says its 9-3 to Mags. One was in Bahrain, one in the Worlds and the third in a PTC. Only the PTC one is relatively recent.

mags hasnt beaten robbo in a ranker since uk 2008

Postby jojo

i make higginson a strong outsider and it almost a flick of the coin between the other three

think lee has been playing very well recently so it may be his turn to win this but i cant predict to be honest

been watching bits and pieces of the robertson match and he didnt play great from what i saw

Postby Skullman

GJ wrote:
Skullman wrote:

mags hasnt beaten robbo in a ranker since uk 2008

:shrug: Beat him in the Masters, which is a major and as good as a ranker. Anyway, H2Hs aren't everything, and Robbo is mentally strong enough not to care. Will be on the day. Robbo has been a bit careless today, and Mags will punish him more than Perry did, but either of them can up their games.

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:i make higginson a strong outsider and it almost a flick of the coin between the other three

think lee has been playing very well recently so it may be his turn to win this but i cant predict to be honest

been watching bits and pieces of the robertson match and he didnt play great from what i saw

It's possible for Lee to beat Robbo like in Haikou, but I don't give him a chance against Maguire. Far too attacking for Lee to handle and can match him in safety. With Higginson, he might bottle the final like he did the Welsh final against Robbo in 2007.
Last edited by Skullman on 17 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
jojo wrote:i make higginson a strong outsider and it almost a flick of the coin between the other three

It's possible for Lee to beat Robbo like in Haikou, but I don't give him a chance against Maguire. Far too attacking for Lee to handle and can match him in safety. With Higginson, he might bottle the final like he did the Welsh final against Robbo in 2008.

That one was in 2007, 2008 was between ronnie and selby

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

It's possible for Lee to beat Robbo like in Haikou, but I don't give him a chance against Maguire. Far too attacking for Lee to handle and can match him in safety. With Higginson, he might bottle the final like he did the Welsh final against Robbo in 2008.

That one was in 2007, 2008 was between ronnie and selby

Oops :blush:

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:Sunday 18th of March

12pm

Andrew Higginson v Stephen Lee

Followed By

Stephen Maguire v Neil Robertson

good luck Mags and Widnes <ok>

:dizzy: rofl

Postby hendry_fan

I was supposed to meet a freind at 14.00 today to have a couple of frames of snooker but i decided to do a Ronnie,so i called it off!. :emb: ;-) <laugh>

Andrew Higginson v Stephen Lee first up is it then!.

I watched a bit of the Higginson/Guodong match yesterday and i thought i was watching "The Butlins Amateur Grand Finals"! :dizzy:

If Andrew plays today like he did yesterday,Lee will send him flyin to Britains most famous holiday camp !. <laugh>

Stephen Maguire v Neil Robertson

Maguire,the pride of Scotland at the mom.

Come on Maguire,send that Aussie punk to Butlins too!. ;-) :-D

Postby Skullman

Whoever wins the second semi wins the tournament. Higginson is letting the nerves get to him a bit I think.

Maguire would blast Lee off the table, like Allen did in Haikou, while Robbo is just too good, and is unbeatable in finals. I doubt Lee will be the one to change that.