Topic locked

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby jojo

look like 3-0 the form lee been showing is reminiscent of his prime a decade or so ago

as for selby i was never convinced him being a world number one this what ken doherty alluded to a few weeks ago in one of the bbc tournaments

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby MarkSelbyNo1Fan

Andre147 wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Lost 4-0 to Stephen Lee. Haha.

Who cares, meaningless event this.


Had Selby won it, you woulnd t say it was meanningless


I would.

You may have noticed that I haven't even posted about this tournament apart from the prediction comp. I honestly couldn't care less.

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Lee wins it by 4 nil :D :D :D to be fair, Selby didnt do a lot wrong, that first frame set the tone for the rest of the match, and Selby never seemed to recover from it.. sweet reveng for some of his last losses against Selby...

well played Lee... would love him now to win this event

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Lost 4-0 to Stephen Lee. Haha.

Who cares, meaningless event this.


Had Selby won it, you woulnd t say it was meanningless


I would.

You may have noticed that I haven't even posted about this tournament apart from the prediction comp. I honestly couldn't care less.


yeah, you probably right, but it is still a ranking event, so.. never mind, Lee deserves to win this now, since the Masters, he has played some great snooker

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:I think Robbo will win it now but if Lee plays like that then he stands a great chance. Obviously really, he went for everything and he didn't miss.


If Robbo gets to the final, I believe he´ll win it, but until then, I´ll stand for Lee

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Saturday 17th of March

Results

Stephen Maguire 4-3 Ricky Walden
Mark Selby 0-4 Stephen Lee

6pm

Xiao Guodong v Andrew Higginson

Followed By


Neil Robertson v Joe Perry

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Back for a bit. Selby lost 4-0?! Definitely wasn't expecting that. How did they play?

Anyway :hatoff: to Lee. He starting to annoy me now, losing when I want him to win, and winning when I want him to lose <laugh>

Will have to wait a while longer for that Robbo vs Selby match then.

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Back for a bit. Selby lost 4-0?! Definitely wasn't expecting that. How did they play?

Anyway :hatoff: to Lee. He starting to annoy me now, losing when I want him to win, and winning when I want him to lose <laugh>

Will have to wait a while longer for that Robbo vs Selby match then.


Selby dindt do a lot wrong, after that first scrappy frame, that selby lost, it set the tone for the rest of the match, lee started grwoing on confidence, making some good breaks, including a century of 114 in the 3rd frame..

Yes, we´ll have to wait for that Selby v Robbo match..

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Lee should have an easy semi against Higginson or Guodong. But then again I thought that Selby had an easy run to the final and look what happened...

The second half should be between Robbo and Maguire. I fancy Maguire to come through that, but this tournament is proving hard to predict.

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby jojo

robertson not been playing well so to be honest it could be anyones tournament

it not a bad tournament but these best of seven format matches are a turn off and it doesnt help that the man who could easily be the world number one keep on missing tournaments

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:robertson not been playing well so to be honest it could be anyones tournament

it not a bad tournament but these best of seven format matches are a turn off and it doesnt help that the man who could easily be the world number one keep on missing tournaments


Snooker has to get over Ronnie. He's getting old, like Higgins and MJW and won't be as consistent although he's still capable of winning of tournaments.

Plus next year there will be five tournaments in China, as well Australia and possibly India. Ronnie's not a traveller. I think he might go to half of those tournaments at best. Snooker has to look at the good players that are here and actually turn up, like Trump and Allen.

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby jojo

whether people like it or not ronnie would easily beat most of the players in the field this week and he got much more of a chance of winning majors than some who turn up every week

but it not their fault he doesnt turn up to half the tournaments

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:whether people like it or not ronnie would easily beat most of the players in the field this week and he got much more of a chance of winning majors than some who turn up every week

but it not their fault he doesnt turn up to half the tournaments


rofl rofl

Half of the players here are qualifiers. Walden and Maguire are perfectly capable of beating him in his quarter alone. Then there's Trump, Lee, Higgins, Robbo and Selby. Ronnie wouldn't beat any of those easily.
Last edited by Skullman on 17 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

jojo wrote:whether people like it or not ronnie would easily beat most of the players in the field this week and he got much more of a chance of winning majors than some who turn up every week

but it not their fault he doesnt turn up to half the tournaments


Yes but if Ronnie keeps missing these tournaments he lacks match parctice, and then when he turns up, loses very easily.. look at what happend last season... This season he has been better I know, but still... next is China Open, and I bet he´ll use the glandular fever as an excuse again,even though it´s true... and finally the Worlds, honestly dont know if he´ll attend it.. last season he came very close to missing it, dont know about this one

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Quarter Finals Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

jojo wrote:higgins selby trump and robertson ronnie would be tested against

as for the others forget it


They're best of 7s. Walden has beaten him in a best of 19, Lee has just been getting better and better this season, while Maguire can easily put in four quick breaks and knocking him out here.


   

cron