Topic locked

Re: PTC Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Monique

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Sonny wrote:I guess the format is how it's been throughout the PTCs so I can see why they've kept it best of 7s

Yeah but the PTC are basically qualifying events for this, so the matches here should be longer. although this doesn't feel like the PTC final. Some of the EPTCs had a better atmosphere than this.

True, and for a ranking event, the arena should be bigger, or at least house more people, because there hardly fit 200 people in there, very low number for a ranking tournament

The arena fits 600 people, and is nearly full tonight. Get the facts right. The atmosphere here today is good. Only two of the EPTCs were better: the Paul Hunter Classic and the Acuerate Antwerp Open, that's all. It's great for the players to have a one table setup and be on television, all of them.

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Sonny wrote:I guess the format is how it's been throughout the PTCs so I can see why they've kept it best of 7s

Yeah but the PTC are basically qualifying events for this, so the matches here should be longer. although this doesn't feel like the PTC final. Some of the EPTCs had a better atmosphere than this.

True, and for a ranking event, the arena should be bigger, or at least house more people, because there hardly fit 200 people in there, very low number for a ranking tournament

The arena fits 600 people, and is nearly full tonight. Get the facts right. The atmosphere here today is good. Only two of the EPTCs were better: the Paul Hunter Classic and the Acuerate Antwerp Open, that's all. It's great for the players to have a one table setup and be on television, all of them.

But still, why have the final event in a place not as good as some of the PTCs, which are essentially qualifying events?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Why Ireland? Why not Poland, Germnany or Belgium, which all had much better crowds, arenas and more enthusiastic audiences.

:spot on: :spot on: :spot on:

Postby Roland

No harm in having it in Ireland, the Irish love their snooker. I don't think it matters where you host it, I would still rather watch a full PTC or a full ranking event.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:Why Ireland? Why not Poland, Germnany or Belgium, which all had much better crowds, arenas and more enthusiastic audiences.

I don't blame Hearn having a tournament in Ireland, I think they deserve a ranker but I agree we need more tournament in central Europe, preferably full ranking events.

Postby Skullman

Just to clarify, I have nothing against Ireland, it's just places in Europe seem to have better atmosphere/locations, and I think the best locations should be kept for the final.

Postby snooky147

Skullman wrote:Graeme not looking his best here. Bad day for the Scots today it seems...

He's actually potting not too bad but he only got the cue back a few days ago. Still getting used to it again.

Postby GJ

Skullman wrote:Just to clarify, I have nothing against Ireland, it's just places in Europe seem to have better atmosphere/locations, and I think the best locations should be kept for the final.

If you pick a country and host it on a time when a big festival weekend is happening what do you expect

It would be no different in any of the above countries

Barry organised it for these dates so its down to him

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Ok, so it might fit a few more houndred, but, as skullmann said, it doesnt have an atmosphere of an eptc tournament, of any kind I might add... players might like to come to ireland, because the crowd there are knowledgedable, but still the atmosphere seems a bit dead for me... Players still think that they are playing in Goffs, but that´s not the case anymore with Ireland.

Another european country like Germany or poland and it could be a far more entertaining event

Postby Monique

I suppose it's because Ireland is traditionally a hotbed of snooker and hasn't any other ranking event anymore.
BTW I don't understand why you feel the crowd isn't enthusiastic. They are, and lots of youngsters and kids in the audience as well.
Also, as I already mentioned the arena isn't that small. The capacity is 600 people and it's nearly full. Ok it isn't the Tempodrom or Antwerp … but it's definitely better than most UK events. Do you think you would have 500 people in the arena for Dott-Perry on a friday evening in Newport? I doubt it seriously.

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:

I suppose it's because Ireland is traditionally a hotbed of snooker and hasn't any other ranking event anymore.
BTW I don't understand why you feel the crowd isn't enthusiastic. They are, and lots of youngsters and kids in the audience as well.
Also, as I already mentioned the arena isn't that small. The capacity is 600 people and it's nearly full. Ok it isn't the Tempodrom or Antwerp … but it's definitely better than most UK events. Do you think you would have 500 people in the arena for Dott-Perry on a friday evening in Newport? I doubt it seriously.

yeah maybe youre right, but they could have chosen a better venue, and it could still be in ireland of course..

Nevermind, let´s just enjoy our snooker

Postby GJ

JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

ROBBO V PERRY

:spot on: :hatoff: :D :bowdown:

Postby Andre147

GJ wrote:JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROBBO V PERRY

Another walkover for Robbo... I predicted he would have a good run in this tourney, and I´m now sure he will given his draw and all

Postby Skullman

Monique wrote:

Suppose you best being at the venue, but it seems a bit dead from what I've seen on TV and streams.

Postby GJ

Andre147 wrote:
GJ wrote:JOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ROBBO V PERRY

Another walkover for Robbo... I predicted he would have a good run in this tourney, and I´m now sure he will given his draw and all

I agree the masters was also a cake walk draw

<cool> :gag:

Postby Andre147

But dont get carried away, Robbo played awful today, and if he continues like that Perry might cause an upset, assuming he beats Dott, which seems very likely now

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Well considering Hearn stuck a lot of money in this thing - 250.000 pound of price money - this tournament should feel a bit better than it does. Also I think the winner should get 5.000 ranking points, 3.000 is very little for a ranking tournament.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Graeme seems to be potting okay seeing as he had some work done to the cue last week. It's a good match so far. Did not see the first frame and had to log into Bet365 to watch and be forced to listen to idiot Yates ramble on forever.

use to like Yates in his earlier years comentating with Jim Wych on Sky but in resent times hes been talking bullocks about shot clock ranking events and anyone talking about that bullocks loses all credability and respect.

Postby Skullman

A few of the higher ranked players have been losing here. Is it the best of 7s or are they treating it like a normal PTC and not bothering as much as they should?

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:None of the matches today got me excited today, hopefully it will get better tomorrow.

Well there's Judd vs Guodong, Selby vs Ding and Walden vs ROS, so that should be better. :D