Topic locked

Re: PTC Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Skullman wrote:
If Higgins loses early it will be in the quarters or against one of the better qualifiers. Higgins will make it harder in the best of 19/25 as he is such a good matchplayer.

He normally loses in the last 16 as defending champion. Why shouldn't he lose there? :shrug: Also there's no garuantee Bingham will reach the last 16.

However I think it became very clear today that there's no way Higgins will defend the Worlds this year. And don't tell me I always say Higgins will lose because I made him clear favourite last year.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:
If Higgins loses early it will be in the quarters or against one of the better qualifiers. Higgins will make it harder in the best of 19/25 as he is such a good matchplayer.

He normally loses in the last 16 as defending champion. Why shouldn't he lose there? :shrug: Also there's no garuantee Bingham will reach the last 16.

However I think it became very clear today that there's no way Higgins will defend the Worlds this year. And don't tell me I always say Higgins will lose because I made him clear favourite last year.

I wouldn't know about last year, I've only been here a month. I never said Higgins wouldn't lose in the last 16, I just said he wouldn't lose to Bingham. Of Higgins doesn't always lose in the second round when defending a World Title :gag:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:

I wouldn't know about last year, I've only been here a month. I never said Higgins wouldn't lose in the last 16, I just said he wouldn't lose to Bingham. Of Higgins doesn't always lose in the second round when defending a World Title :gag:

He reacjed the semis in 1999 when defending it.. but those times are long gone... I agree that Higgins will make it a lot harder at the crucible, because of the long matches.. I think he might lose in the quarters or semi.. but no way will he defend his title..

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Robbo's playing like crap but leading Lisowski 2-0. Lisowski very unlucky to lose the first frame on a respotted black.

he was a bit, but his safety game has been what has let him down so far in this match... he needs to improve a lot his safety game, has many flaws that need working out.. he´s young of course, so has all the time in the world, but many players who are his age have a relatively good safety game, and Jack hasnt so far in this match..

Very important frame this one, 3 nil, and surely the match is Robbo's

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Lisowski not out of his - Robbo isn't playing great at all.

:shrug: Robbo's safety looks much, much better though, so Jack may have to rely on Robbo making more mistakes, if he wants to get in.

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:Nice break from Jack.

Robbo not playing well at all. His highest break is only in the 40s.

Shame Jack didn't win that first frame on the respotted black. Might have been a different story.

No point thinking about ifs :shrug: In the end he's 3-1 behind with his opponent in the balls.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Well done Robertson

Have you been lying in wait this whole time, just so so can congratulate the guy who beat Lisowski? :chuckle:

proberbly <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Joe Perry 1-0 up, and Eurosport hasn't shown any of it so far. Are they just going to show this repeat and then stop the broadcast instead of showing the Dott-Perry match?

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:Higgins will make the QF's with relative ease but i think Robbo will be too much for him this year.

Seriously get your facts straight.

* I meant Maguire.