Topic locked

Re: PTC Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:Higgins will make the QF's with relative ease but i think Robbo will be too much for him this year.

Seriously get your facts straight.

* I meant Maguire.

What about Dott?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Joe Perry 1-0 up, and Eurosport hasn't shown any of it so far. Are they just going to show this repeat and then stop the broadcast instead of showing the Dott-Perry match?

Yeah, cant believe eurosport kept us waiting all that time showing some highlights from higgins match, and then ending their transmission... watching it on fromsport skullman, I bet you have been watching it there also

Postby Casey

Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:Higgins will make the QF's with relative ease but i think Robbo will be too much for him this year.

* I meant Maguire.

What about Dott?

Hmmmm - true, looking again at Higgins draw it's actually pretty good. People talk about how poor Higgins has played - but that is only by his own high standards. Apart from one tournament, Maguire hasn't done a whole lot and Dott, like Higgins has had a few results but nothing to write home about. Despite how poorly Higgins has played this season, he is in the correct section of the draw.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Joe Perry 1-0 up, and Eurosport hasn't shown any of it so far. Are they just going to show this repeat and then stop the broadcast instead of showing the Dott-Perry match?

Yeah, cant believe eurosport kept us waiting all that time showing some highlights from higgins match, and then ending their transmission... watching it on fromsport skullman, I bet you have been watching it there also

Yup. Hope I don't have to do this every day though.

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:Hmmmm - true, looking again at Higgins draw it's actually pretty good. People talk about how poor Higgins has played - but that is only by his own high standards. Apart from one tournament, Maguire hasn't done a whole lot and Dott, like Higgins has had a few results but nothing to write home about. Despite how poorly Higgins has played this season, he is in the correct section of the draw.

Weird how the top quarter, with the defending champion is weakest. Toughest in my opinion is bottom quarter with Selby/Allen/Ding/Stevens, and then the second quarter with Trump/Murphy/Lee.

Postby Muppet147

Witz78 wrote:have no enthusiasm about snooker at the moment to be honest and i dont recongise this place anymore either to be honest, so ill sign off for now.

see some of yous in Sheffield :D

Yes, I'm feeling slightly the same way after seeing the Robbo debacle earlier.

Plus, this place isn't as good when Snookerfan isn't around to terrorise. :-)

Postby snooky147

Graeme seems to be potting okay seeing as he had some work done to the cue last week. It's a good match so far. Did not see the first frame and had to log into Bet365 to watch and be forced to listen to idiot Yates ramble on forever.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

* I meant Maguire.

What about Dott?

Hmmmm - true, looking again at Higgins draw it's actually pretty good. People talk about how poor Higgins has played - but that is only by his own high standards. Apart from one tournament, Maguire hasn't done a whole lot and Dott, like Higgins has had a few results but nothing to write home about. Despite how poorly Higgins has played this season, he is in the correct section of the draw.

no higgins has been poor and not only results its just really dyre stuff for most of the season.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Yup. Hope I don't have to do this every day though.

No, eurosport shedule for tomorrow is great, not sure about the weekend, but I think they wont do the same as they often do by not showing the semis or final live.. The weekend has plenty of hours reserved for snooker, so we shoulndt have to worry too much about going on fromsport..

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Anyone else think that it's strange that it's best of 7 throughout? At least make the semis best of 9 and the final best of 11.

I feel the same too.. dave hendon on his blog also said that the final should be, at least, best of 11, to give it more recognision and not to be over so quickly, like last year, when shaun won 4 nil, match lasted barely an hour and a half..

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:And Dott wins it. 2-2 now.

This match has a decider written all over it, and honestly dont know who´s gonna win

Postby Skullman

Just realised that Ronnie doesn't have an afternoon match tommorrow, while Judd does. Signs Ronnie is being replaced as the main draw in events?

Postby Skullman

Sonny wrote:I guess the format is how it's been throughout the PTCs so I can see why they've kept it best of 7s

Yeah but the PTC are basically qualifying events for this, so the matches here should be longer. although this doesn't feel like the PTC final. Some of the EPTCs had a better atmosphere than this.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Sonny wrote:I guess the format is how it's been throughout the PTCs so I can see why they've kept it best of 7s

Yeah but the PTC are basically qualifying events for this, so the matches here should be longer. although this doesn't feel like the PTC final. Some of the EPTCs had a better atmosphere than this.

True, and for a ranking event, the arena should be bigger, or at least house more people, because there hardly fit 200 people in there, very low number for a ranking tournament

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:The problem with the best of 7 and the lack of big ranking points for the winner is that this tournament doesn't really feel like a ranker. Also the arena isn't that great.

The arena is far too small, so even with a full house, there wont be that many people watching as I said above