Topic locked

Re: PTC Grand Finals Last 16 Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:None of the matches today got me excited today, hopefully it will get better tomorrow.

The one which got me excited was the Higgins Jones one, just to see old Higgy out early of yet again another tournament..

I´m sure the standard tomorrow will rise up a few notches, especially Ronnie Walden, Trump Guodong and of course the big one between Ding and Selby

Postby Roland

Ding v Selby I'm interested in but I'm at a funeral when that starts so I'll have to find out the result later.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:None of the matches today got me excited today, hopefully it will get better tomorrow.

The one which got me excited was the Higgins Jones one, just to see old Higgy out early of yet again another tournament..

I´m sure the standard tomorrow will rise up a few notches, especially Ronnie Walden, Trump Guodong and of course the big one between Ding and Selby

One of three chances for the World no1 to get even for Wales. <cool>

Postby Wildey

Thursday 15th of March

12pm
Ben Woollaston 2-4 Ding Junhui
John Higgins 3-4 Jamie Jones
Michael Holt 1-4 Stephen Lee
Neil Robertson 4-1 Jack Lisowski
Graeme Dott 2-4 Joe Perry

Friday 16th of March

11am
Stephen Maguire v Mark Davis

Followed by
Mark Selby v Ding Junhui

Followed by
Judd Trump v Xiao Guodong

6pm
Andrew Higginson v Jamie Jones

Followed by
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ricky Walden

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:have no enthusiasm about snooker at the moment to be honest and i dont recongise this place anymore either to be honest, so ill sign off for now.

see some of yous in Sheffield :D

yes buck off you misreble scottish hammer :clap: <ok>

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:What's Yates been saying about shot clock rankers?

during PL hes been saying stuff like "no reason why shot clocks cant be incorpirated in to ranking events"

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ricky Walden

This has the potential of being a great little match, if Walden brings more quality snooker to the table, another shock will be on the cards. Will also be good to see how Judd fares, being the top seed in this, but what a story it would be if Guodong won the match with a broken hand, will just be like Whitlock and his broken ankle in the Darts World Championship.

Postby Andre147

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ricky Walden

This has the potential of being a great little match, if Walden brings more quality snooker to the table, another shock will be on the cards. Will also be good to see how Judd fares, being the top seed in this, but what a story it would be if Guodong won the match with a broken hand, will just be like Whitlock and his broken ankle in the Darts World Championship.

those two, and obviously the one between Ding and Selby are the ones that interest me the most... I honestly can see Walden upseting Ronnie in here, assuming he can maintain his good form shown earlier in the Stevens match..

And actually having played a match before will be an advantage to Walden.. with such a short format, if a player had one more match he knows how the table is reacting and how are the conditions, so for me Walden has all the advantage..

I do hope though that Ronnie wins, but we shall see what happens tomorrow evening..

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:have no enthusiasm about snooker at the moment to be honest and i dont recongise this place anymore either to be honest, so ill sign off for now.

see some of yous in Sheffield :D

yes buck off you misreble scottish hammer :clap: <ok>

if jack had won witz would be all full of it

:D :happy: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Postby GJ

wild

any idea what time robbos quarter final will be at tomorrow ?

Postby beergitte

From Twitter:

@grovesnooker
Ronnie O'Sullivan regrets to announce that he has pulled out of the PTC Finals due to his ongoing health problem.

@grovesnooker
He hopes to be fit again in time for the China Open and WSC.

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:From Twitter:

@grovesnooker
Ronnie O'Sullivan regrets to announce that he has pulled out of the PTC Finals due to his ongoing health problem.

@grovesnooker

im sorry to say but this is now a load of bullocks Paul Hunter carried on playing with cancer when he felt ill its about time Ronnie decides what he wants its obviously not to be a full time player..

Postby boris_the_butcher

@grovesnooker

@grovesnooker

quelle surprise! he should pull out of the game for good.

Postby Wildey

nice_shoes_ken wrote:I just hope he is fit for the World Championships now, if not his sold out session will go absolutely mad.

yes ill start taking all these illneses he seems to get seriously when he pulls out of the world championship.

Postby Monique

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know if he's really sick or not but this smells like a last minute excuse.

He is really sick but it was poor thinking/poor form to leave his decision to withdraw that late. He should have done it a lot earlier, even if he thought there was a chance for him to feel fit enough come today, so that the WSA and the broadcasters had the opportunity to re-arrange the schedule and/or provide some diversion. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't a one table setup, but it is, and it's a real shame.

Also I heard that from the World Open on no points are awarded to players pulling out, even for medical reasons (*). So that puts things in another light as the struggle for his top 16 spot next season is still very much on.

(*) players with serious long term conditions can apply for an exception but that's a separate procedure with no guarantee to get it.

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I don't know if he's really sick or not but this smells like a last minute excuse.

He is really sick but it was poor thinking/poor form to leave his decision to withdraw that late. He should have done it a lot earlier, even if he thought there was a chance for him to feel fit enough come today, so that the WSA and the broadcasters had the opportunity to re-arrange the schedule and/or provide some diversion. It wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't a one table setup, but it is, and it's a real shame.

Also I heard that from the World Open on no points are awarded to players pulling out, even for medical reasons (*). So that puts things in another light as the struggle for his top 16 spot next season is still very much on.

(*) players with serious long term conditions can apply for an exception but that's a separate procedure with no guarantee to get it.

Agree, Ronnie should have informed World Snooker a lot earlier of this... he did the exact same thing in the German Masters last year... and I thought it would be too risky to put Ronnie on the cover of the anouncment for this tourney, and, once again, he proved me right....

He will pull out of the China Open I´m sure.. and then the Worlds he might attend it.. but like Wild said, if he pulls out of the Worlds then it´s about time he quits the sport for good

Postby The Cueist

Ronnie,Please get well soon mate. <ok>

I don't doubt the validity of Ronnie's illness,He knows the position he is in the rankings and all that goes with that.He doesnt feel able to play so that is that.

At the end of the day his health and wellbeing are of paramount importance to him,It's his call and nobody else's as he knows himself better than anyone else.

A question for wild,Do you go into work when your not well?

And another while we are at it wild.Would you retire from your occupation after you have recovered from an illness?

Postby sundaygirl

Stephen Lee (Stelee147) on twitter
" Number 9 should of taking rockets place end of...& number 25 should of got in the event....work hard all year to miss out by 1 place gutted"

Have to say I agree with him. Fair enough Ronnie not able to play, but why leave it so late dropping out.

Postby Wildey

Ronnie has made a rod for his own Back thanx to Xiao he cant even use Broken arm as a excuse because he can play with both <laugh>

Postby Skullman

@grovesnooker

@grovesnooker

Ronnie pulls out again? Ireland's pretty close, so I'm guessing it's not a travelling problem. He left it late, although I hear that Ken Doherty will be doing a exho tonight. At least the crowd gets something.