Topic locked

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Last 24 Discussion !!!!

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:Mark J Williams is a prime example of a top player dont give a buck about traveling expenses...

He Played in 11 events traveling to 5 in europe and losing first round in 6 and lets face it played like he couldnt give a dam aswell.

Of course he won't. He must have a lot of money. I don't think any top players complained about their travel expenses. Didn't they complain about lower ranked players having trouble though?

Williams moaned about the Aussie prize money

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:He moaned about prize money. Did he moan about the expenses though?

yes cos he was out of pocket even the he made the final <doh>

He wasn't out of pocket. I seem to remember that he only made a few thousand though after tax and conversion to pounds though.

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:He moaned about prize money. Did he moan about the expenses though?

He wasn't out of pocket. I seem to remember that he only made a few thousand though after tax and conversion to pounds though.

point is he traveled the length of the PTC turned up and did not give a dam.

so he was well and trully out of pocket.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

point is he traveled the length of the PTC turned up and did not give a dam.

so he was well and trully out of pocket.

did not give a dam (n)

EXACTLY

so why even bother

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:It's strange because last season he had a much different attitude towards the PTC's.

i guess hes playing the rolling ranking system

in 2014/2015 he wont have much PTC Points to come off...

but he will need to start getting some confidence going or he might be in the relagation dog fight next season with a lot of PTC Points to come off.

Postby Wildey

since PTC 1 in june there has been 26 tournaments this season ranging from the UK to The World Cup from Power Snooker to Prem League.

Ironicly the player thats won most Titles is Ronnie O'Sullivan on 4.

PTC 1
PTC 7
Anual Ronnie Cup ie Prem League
and
German Masters

and John Higgins has won Nothing and Reached one Final

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:It's strange because last season he had a much different attitude towards the PTC's.

I think MJW wanted to become world no1 again badly. After that he didn't care about keeping his position there. Hope he doesn't have another slump. If he does, I think he's getting too old to come back.

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:since PTC 1 in june there has been 26 tournaments this season ranging from the UK to The World Cup from Power Snooker to Prem League.

PTC 1
PTC 7
and
German Masters

But Judd and selby right behind on three, and I give them a much higher chance of winning the remaining events left, so there is a chance of four being equalled or maybe even surpassed.

Postby The Cueist

Skullman wrote:

I think MJW wanted to become world no1 again badly. After that he didn't care about keeping his position there. Hope he doesn't have another slump. If he does, I think he's getting too old to come back.

Hello there Skulman,I belatedly welcome you to the forum :D :D I don't have so much time to post nowadays.

I can see from your previous posts that you know your snooker,I think on the MJW front he is a tad exasperated from fractional losses in final's to opponents he had beat on every occassion.
To an extent i think he is more accuteley conscious of it or embarassed by it than we all know. ;-)

Hence the stoneface dour looking face he has grown accustomed to wearing,I have sat and watched him and have always formed an opinion that he is only in it for the money,Particularly the last 2 seasons.

Since mark has got dour looking,I am not so keen on him.I used to think he was sound before that and quite a good laugh,I jus dont know what has happened to MJW recently. :chin:

A great player nonetheless,Just not as great and a bit miserable looking. :john: :john:

Postby Skullman

The Cueist wrote:
Skullman wrote:

Hello there Skulman,I belatedly welcome you to the forum :D :D I don't have so much time to post nowadays.

I can see from your previous posts that you know your snooker,I think on the MJW front he is a tad exasperated from fractional losses in final's to opponents he had beat on every occassion.
To an extent i think he is more accuteley conscious of it or embarassed by it than we all know. ;-)

Hence the stoneface dour looking face he has grown accustomed to wearing,I have sat and watched him and have always formed an opinion that he is only in it for the money,Particularly the last 2 seasons.

Since mark has got dour looking,I am not so keen on him.I used to think he was sound before that and quite a good laugh,I jus dont know what has happened to MJW recently. :chin:

A great player nonetheless,Just not as great and a bit miserable looking. :john: :john:

Was definitely Shanghai that did it for him. The only time I've ever seen him lose his cool. Since then he hasn't got past the quarters in an event, and that was in Germany when he had a rubbish Doherty and mediocre Bingham as opposition.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Think Shanghai was the final straw after the UK, Worlds and Australia. What MJW needs is an easy draw in a ranker, so he can have a deep run and regain some confidence.

he cant be as lucky as Jono :?

Just has to hope he ends up as lucky as Ronnie in Berlin ;-)

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Think Shanghai was the final straw after the UK, Worlds and Australia. What MJW needs is an easy draw in a ranker, so he can have a deep run and regain some confidence.

<doh>

Ronnie had to beat the man whod whitewashed Higgins and Murphy plus came back from the dead v Trump :no:

Postby The Cueist

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

Ronnie had to beat the man whod whitewashed Higgins and Murphy plus came back from the dead v Trump :no:

He does wink, <laugh> When he wrote it!!

We can forgive him for that witz,Though your not wrong in what you say.
Have to say ,No offence GJ <ok> Robertson does have the luck when it comes to draw's in tournies.
Wonder will he still win when the luck evens out. ;-)

Postby GJ

The Cueist wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

He does wink, <laugh> When he wrote it!!

We can forgive him for that witz,Though your not wrong in what you say.
Have to say ,No offence GJ <ok> Robertson does have the luck when it comes to draw's in tournies.
Wonder will he still win when the luck evens out. ;-)

yes he beat real mugs to win the masters

<cool> :hatoff: :bowdown:

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:
Wild wrote:since PTC 1 in june there has been 26 tournaments this season ranging from the UK to The World Cup from Power Snooker to Prem League.

PTC 1
PTC 7
and
German Masters

But Judd and selby right behind on three, and I give them a much higher chance of winning the remaining events left, so there is a chance of four being equalled or maybe even surpassed.

Neil Robertson also on 3

PTC 6
PTC 8
MASTERS

Postby Monique

Casey wrote:I'm concerned as this event classes with the horse racing and St Patrick's Day. Attendances will surely be down.

The event took place at the same dates last year, with same clashes and attendance was good. Some people being so drunk that one guy threw up like no tomorrow during the Selby-Williams match wasn't great though. The match was stopped while minimal cleaning took place and people where moved around because of the stench. Selby was giggling nervously. Williams looked as if he could be sick himself… .

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:I'm concerned as this event classes with the horse racing and St Patrick's Day. Attendances will surely be down.

The event took place at the same dates last year, with same clashes and attendance was good. Some people being so drunk that one guy threw up like no tomorrow during the Selby-Williams match wasn't great though. The match was stopped while minimal cleaning took place and people where moved around because of the stench. Selby was giggling nervously. Williams looked as if he could be sick himself… .

Atendancies good or not suerly it must be a mistake holding this event in ireland during cheltanham and st patricks day.

Horse Racing is virtually irelands national sport lol

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:

YUK!

Dublin has a huge population though, this random town in Galway is much smaller and travelling to the venue on St Patricks day would be a nightmare.

Postby Monique

Just back from a walk to the venue. Galway is a lively city, full of youth because of the Uni. The venue is on the campus and only 1/4 mile from the city centre. Plenty of pubs, restos, shops around. Venue itself is nice, not very big but everyone attending should have a very good view on the table.

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

Two qualifiers, Stevens the bottler and his bunny Mags. So basically the only remotely hard match he had was Lee. There are much harder draws.