Topic locked

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Last 24 Discussion !!!!

Postby Casey

Monique wrote:Just back from a walk to the venue. Galway is a lively city, full of youth because of the Uni. The venue is on the campus and only 1/4 mile from the city centre. Plenty of pubs, restos, shops around. Venue itself is nice, not very big but everyone attending should have a very good view on the table.

That's great news! Hopefully some of the students make their way to the venue.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:
Monique wrote:Just back from a walk to the venue. Galway is a lively city, full of youth because of the Uni. The venue is on the campus and only 1/4 mile from the city centre. Plenty of pubs, restos, shops around. Venue itself is nice, not very big but everyone attending should have a very good view on the table.

That's great news! Hopefully some of the students make their way to the venue.

shoulda been in Dublin

what is it with WS and picking the wrong locations / venues for tournaments

and it should have been last week to avoid the clash with St Paddys day and the gee gees

Postby Monique

It was in Dublin last year, at the same dates. It's yet to be seen how things will go but I have a good feeling. At least this venue is in the city centre, not in a remote suburb like last year. Communications are good also, at lot easier than Killarney.

Postby Skullman

The thing isn't how many fans turn up, it's how many new fans turn up that's important for the game. If we just have the snooker fanatics, it won't be good for the long term growth of the game. How many non-snooker fans will turn up with all the otehr things going on?

Postby The Cueist

Evening all!!! :D That is good :-) I have been to Northern Ireland before as i have relatives there,Belfast and Lurgan :D :D

Never been to the south,Heard the people and the place are great.d

Main thing is this,A snooker tournament in ireland and the promotion of the game.

Also i have been told that Dublin is a very expensive place to frequent since the euro become the main currency,Is this true?

The guy who told me had just been to a bikers rally stroke holiday on his motorcycle and that Guiness was 6 Euro's a pint :sad: And this was back in 2007.

Or is it that all eurozones are very expensive,I am just interested to know .I pay £3.50 for a Guiness in my neck of the woods and i find that extortionate.

Still most of the audience will be irish and i know they know how to have a good time wether it's paddy's night or not!!!!!!!!!!!!! <laugh>

Postby Witz78

yeh Dublins a total rip off

good city and all that but slightly hyped up IMO

id say its a bit similar to Liverpool in terms of nightlife and atmosphere

and last time i was there in 2008 it was over 6 euros for a pint

4 vodkas and coke was 28 euros so god knows what it is now

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:yeh Dublins a total rip off

good city and all that but slightly hyped up IMO

id say its a bit similar to Liverpool in terms of nightlife and atmosphere

and last time i was there in 2008 it was over 6 euros for a pint

4 vodkas and coke was 28 euros so god knows what it is now

I lived in Liverpool for three years and whilst there are more bar's/clubs the overall quality in Dublin is much better. However yes, it is REALLY expensive.

Most places would do a pint for 5.50 euro, but some will go over the 6 euro mark.

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:Barry Hawkins 1-2 Jack Lisowski-

no live stream anywhere :shrug:

A shame really, some good matches I wanted to see... :shrug: :shrug: 3 all in that game.. who´s gonna win the decider..?Lisowski on a break of 11 already

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:Lisowski won.

Anyway, it's televised from tomorrow.

Yes, won it with a break of 99, couldnt quite make the century.. but a very good win for him, :D :D he now plays robbo in he last 16

Postby Andre147

Monique wrote:Pictures from day 1 can be found here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... ac0080459e

Will upload more as the day unfolds.

Very good photos Monique, as always. Since we dont have live coverage today, at least we are able to see some pictures from the arena and the players.

The arena in itself seems very small, about 200 or 300 people fit in there I think, which is a very small number for a major tournament, but anyway... keep up the good work

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 14th of March

Results
Barry Hawkins 3-4 Jack Lisowski
Mark Davis 4-1 Tom Ford
Xiao Guodong 4-2 Dominic Dale

Latest
Martin Gould 0-0 Stephen Lee

NB 7.30pm
Ricky Walden v Matthew Stevens

Followed by
Fergal O'Brien v Joe Perry

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Forget Judd Trump and his naughty snooker, Xiao Guodong has produced some hardcore snooker. Says on the World Snooker website that he was playing the match with a broken hand.

Two surprise results so far in my view, with Lisowski and Guodong winning.

Postby roy142857

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Forget Judd Trump and his naughty snooker, Xiao Guodong has produced some hardcore snooker. Says on the World Snooker website that he was playing the match with a broken hand.

Well, against the rankings anyway, but both Lisowski and Xiao have shown themselves to be a threat in any short matches (and from what I've seen, sometime in the not-too-distant future, will be a threat in longer matches too)

Playing with a broken hand .... youch

Postby Skullman

Just got back. Nice to see Lisowski won his match. Hope he gets back on track and pushes on from this win. He hasn't done much since qualifying for Shanghai, has he?

Also :hatoff: Xiao Guodong for winning with a broken hand. Kind of ruins my theory that Dom Dale will beat Trump this tournament, but :shrug: who cares?

Mark Davis won his match as expected, although it would've nice if Tom got a few more frames, just for predicts. At least I can't get eliminated this time <laugh>

Postby Skullman

Just read how Xiao got his broken hand. From the article: 'Less than three weeks ago, Sheffield-based Xiao woke up with a broken hand after sleeping awkwardly on it'

How does he sleep? <laugh>

Postby nice_shoes_ken

roy142857 wrote:
nice_shoes_ken wrote:Forget Judd Trump and his naughty snooker, Xiao Guodong has produced some hardcore snooker. Says on the World Snooker website that he was playing the match with a broken hand.

Well, against the rankings anyway, but both Lisowski and Xiao have shown themselves to be a threat in any short matches (and from what I've seen, sometime in the not-too-distant future, will be a threat in longer matches too)

Playing with a broken hand .... youch

Anybody is a threat over just four frames, Lisowski is in poor form though he has said that himself. Dale is a good performer in PTC's and with Guodong playing with a broken had I would of expected Dale to prevail.

Lee leading Gould the last time I looked anyway 2-0.