Topic locked

Betfair PTC Grand Finals Last 24 Discussion !!!!

Postby Wildey

Wednedsay 14th of March - Sunday 18th of March at The Bailey Allen Hall,Galway, Ireland

After 12 Events played Between The UK and Europe 24 players has won by right a place in the Grand Finals.

Players Range from Legends Like Ronnie O'Sullivan to relatavely unknowns like Jamie Jones of Wales.

But Missing is Defending Champion Shaun Murphy who Finished at 37th in the Order Of Merit and Did not Make it But Last years Beaten Finalist Martin Gould will be in the Draw in Galway.

Who will be the Winner This Year ?

DRAW

ORDER OF PLAY

Image Image

Re: PTC Grand Finals Last 24 Discussion !!!!

Postby Casey

This is a big tournament for a lot of players - we all know that the last event before the World's is never a guide - so for the likes of Higgins & Maguire it's the last real chance to play themselves into form.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:This is a big tournament for a lot of players - we all know that the last event before the World's is never a guide - so for the likes of Higgins & Maguire it's the last real chance to play themselves into form.

26 March - 1 April
China Open
Beijing, China

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:This is a big tournament for a lot of players - we all know that the last event before the World's is never a guide - so for the likes of Higgins & Maguire it's the last real chance to play themselves into form.

26 March - 1 April
China Open
Beijing, China

Your point?

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:that's the last event before Worlds lol

Yea, but the point I was making is that the PTC will be the last event for the main World contenders to play themselves into form.

Postby nice_shoes_ken

Looking forward to this tournament, the best players on the PTC circuit going at it for the coveted prize...quality!!!

Anybody's to win, but the way these have played in the PTC's the last couple of years, the foursome of Stephen Lee, Martin Gould, Tom Ford and Michael Holt are the one's to watch.

A big name might well win it, like Trump, Selby or Higgins, but I wouldn't be surprised if the four I mentioned above win it, four quality players who should be proud of their achievements in this format.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

Yea, but the point I was making is that the PTC will be the last event for the main World contenders to play themselves into form.

That is a massive shame that people see the China Open as some sort of well NOTHING Event TBH.

its a Major and Judd Trump played himself well and trully in to Form in the China Open.

Before China Open 2011 Judd Trump was WN 25 Less than 12 months Later hes WN 3, World Runner up and UK Champion.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:

That is a massive shame that people see the China Open as some sort of well NOTHING Event TBH.

its a Major and Judd Trump played himself well and trully in to Form in the China Open.

Before China Open 2011 Judd Trump was WN 25 Less than 12 months Later hes WN 3, World Runner up and UK Champion.

Excellent point. Judd's run to the final last year was very much because of his immense form/tournament win in China.

Postby simplysnooker

Doesn't appear to be any coverage on eurosport on Wednesday, but pretty good for the rest of the days. They usually show highlights of the final but they are actually showing it this time, so will be s good couple of days watching the snooker!

Postby Skullman

I'm guessing Trump will lose to Dom Dale here. He's lost to everyone else he's beaten en route to his UK win. As for playing themselves into form bit, like everyone said, Trump won China last year and did well in Sheffield after.

Also, are Maguire and Higgins not in form now? Mags reached the final in Berlin, adn Higgins was playing well and couldn't help what happened in Haikou.

Postby snooky147

They certainly don't make these venues easy to get to, whether for players or travelling fans. No direct flight so a flight to either Shannon or Knock then a long bus journey or a very expensive taxi (100 euros +) to the venue. Did the same with China's World Open, The Brazil Event and The Australian tournament. Even a few years back when they held the Scottish Open in Aberdeen, which has a huge amateur following they shoved it to the edge of the city, where late buses were impossible to get. Just another example of not thinking or more likely not caring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
All views expressed are my own and not that of any player.

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 14th of March

10am
Barry Hawkins v Jack Lisowski

Followed by
Mark Davis v Tom Ford

Followed by
Xiao Guodong v Dominic Dale

Followed by
Martin Gould v Stephen Lee

7.30pm
Ricky Walden v Matthew Stevens

Followed by
Fergal O'Brien v Joe Perry

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:Will this be covered on Eurosport on TV or will most of it just be on Eurosport Player?

its not on TV on wednesday only on Euro player or Sportlemmon i guess.

Thursday = Eurosport 1 12pm-4pm and Eurosport 1 7.30pm-10pm
Friday = Eurosport 2 11.30am - 4.45pm, Eurosport 1 ( highlights) 4.45pm - 6 pm and Eurosport 1 6pm-10pm
Saturday = Eurosport 2 12pm-4pm and Eurosport 1 6pm- 9.30pm
Sunday = Eurosport 2 12pm- 4pm and Eurosport 2 7.45pm - 10pm

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:Some good coverage there. :hatoff: Looking forward to that.

yes indeed, especially on Friday as there will be non-stop coverage from 11:30 a.m until 10 p.m!!! :-) :-D :-D

will have to make do with sportlemon I guess on Wednesday, assuming the matches will be shown there on that day....

looking forward too to this tournament.. the top 24 players from the ptcs, a very strong line up.. wish only the defending champion and Mark Allen were there... and also MJW, who didnt give a donkey doo for the ptcs.. maybe next season he´ll be more interested, or not... :john: :john: :john:

still, the line up is very strong, so it should be a good tournament.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:

yes indeed, especially on Friday as there will be non-stop coverage from 11:30 a.m until 10 p.m!!! :-) :-D :-D

will have to make do with sportlemon I guess on Wednesday, assuming the matches will be shown there on that day....

looking forward too to this tournament.. the top 24 players from the ptcs, a very strong line up.. wish only the defending champion and Mark Allen were there... and also MJW, who didnt give a donkey doo for the ptcs.. maybe next season he´ll be more interested, or not... :john: :john: :john:

Doesn't matter if MJW is interested or not, he needs to up his game as he's been pretty poor since Shanghai. Shame about Murphy. Weird how Mr Consistent wasn't consistent enough to get into the top24. Has the defending champion of a tournament ever not made it before?

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

Doesn't matter if MJW is interested or not, he needs to up his game as he's been pretty poor since Shanghai. Shame about Murphy. Weird how Mr Consistent wasn't consistent enough to get into the top24. Has the defending champion of a tournament ever not made it before?

Well, last season Ronnie was the defending champion in the Shanghai Masters but decided to pull out of yet another overseas tournament for medical reasons, so yeah that is one I recall, maybe there have been a few others I guess..

You´re right when you say MJW has to up his game, and fast, but still he didnt give a donkey doo for the ptcs.. had he had a little bit more interest in them, I´m sure he could have just sneak in the top 24.. shame about Murphy too, and even more so about Allen, who has won his first ranking tourney in Haikou and I´m sure could have had a good run in Ireland...

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Last 24 Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Wild wrote:i dont think there will be cameras at all on wednesday......

There wont?? a shame really, some good matches in prospect for that day, especially Guodong v Dale; Woolaston v Ding; Gould v Lee and Walden v Stevens....

Has it been confirmed though that there wont be live coverage on Wednesday?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Wild wrote:
Casey wrote:

Excellent point. Judd's run to the final last year was very much because of his immense form/tournament win in China.

and because he got lucky and faced his bunny in round 1 :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

Mark J Williams is a prime example of a top player dont give a buck about traveling expenses...

He Played in 11 events traveling to 5 in europe and losing first round in 6 and lets face it played like he couldnt give a dam aswell.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Mark J Williams is a prime example of a top player dont give a buck about traveling expenses...

He Played in 11 events traveling to 5 in europe and losing first round in 6 and lets face it played like he couldnt give a dam aswell.

it crossed my mind loads of times

WHY THE HELL DID HE EVEN BOTHER ENTERING THEM WHEN HE CLEARLY WAS GOING THROUGH THE MOTIONS AND LOSING TO INFERIOR PLAYERS

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Wild wrote:i dont think there will be cameras at all on wednesday......

There wont?? a shame really, some good matches in prospect for that day, especially Guodong v Dale; Woolaston v Ding; Gould v Lee and Walden v Stevens....

Has it been confirmed though that there wont be live coverage on Wednesday?

not confirmed but it says here http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.aspx? ... cStreaming theres snooker on thursday but no mention of wednesday

Postby Skullman

Wild wrote:Mark J Williams is a prime example of a top player dont give a buck about traveling expenses...

Of course he won't. He must have a lot of money. I don't think any top players complained about their travel expenses. Didn't they complain about lower ranked players having trouble though?

Postby Wildey

Skullman wrote:

Of course he won't. He must have a lot of money. I don't think any top players complained about their travel expenses. Didn't they complain about lower ranked players having trouble though?

well Judd was after World Open.