Topic locked

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Last 24 Discussion !!!!

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Lee now 3-1 up and in the balls. Guess that final hasn't bothered him too much.

It would have bothered him had he lost a close match, say 10-9 or 10-8... since he lost 10-1, he cant be too hard on himslef, just praise his opponent on an excellent performance.. and so far Lee has been playing somewhere near his best snooker this season, just a ranking title elludes him, but playing like he has done recently, I think he can have a good chance.

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:Lee now 3-1 up and in the balls. Guess that final hasn't bothered him too much.

It would have bothered him had he lost a close match, say 10-9 or 10-8... since he lost 10-1, he cant be too hard on himslef, just praise his opponent on an excellent performance.. and so far Lee has been playing somewhere near his best snooker this season, just a ranking title elludes him, but playing like he has done recently, I think he can have a good chance.

:shrug: S'pose. As for Lee having a chnace winning this, I don't see it. He has Holt next, who should be fairly easy, but then has Selby/Ding next (sorry Ben I just don't see you beating those two). And then Trump/Higgins. I have sneaky feeling though that Higgins is going to have a run here. When's the last season when Higgins didn't win anything?

Postby Skullman

nice_shoes_ken wrote:Lee 4-1 Gould.

Good win for Lee, keeping his impressive form up. Not doing well in the predictions, ain't got one right so far.

At least I'm beating someone ;-) . Probably cos of the best of 7 format, it's a real leveller for the less experienced players.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

:shrug: S'pose. As for Lee having a chnace winning this, I don't see it. He has Holt next, who should be fairly easy, but then has Selby/Ding next (sorry Ben I just don't see you beating those two). And then Trump/Higgins. I have sneaky feeling though that Higgins is going to have a run here. When's the last season when Higgins didn't win anything?

2002/2003 I think. I didnt say Lee could win this tourney, just saidthat he is playing great at the moment and a ranking title might just be around the corner for him.. maybe not be this this one, or the next, or this season, but he can definately win at least one more..

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

2002/2003 I think. I didnt say Lee could win this tourney, just saidthat he is playing great at the moment and a ranking title might just be around the corner for him.. maybe not be this this one, or the next, or this season, but he can definately win at least one more..

Thanks. As for Lee, I guess when you said he had a chance, I thought you meant something more immediate. Good chance in China. A lot of the top players don't play their best as the Worlds is so close, and his cue power helps him with conditions there.

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:Just read how Xiao got his broken hand. From the article: 'Less than three weeks ago, Sheffield-based Xiao woke up with a broken hand after sleeping awkwardly on it'

How does he sleep? <laugh>

Would have had to be a very awkward position for him to break his hand during his sleep.. maybe he was sleeping with his girlfriend and something went wrong... cant think what that might be :chin: rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Alpha

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

2oo3-2oo4 is the last time Higgins didn't win a tournament unless you count 2oo7/2oo8 when I think he won 2 World Series events but did nothing else in any other event.

Postby Andre147

Alpha wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

2oo3-2oo4 is the last time Higgins didn't win a tournament unless you count 2oo7/2oo8 when I think he won 2 World Series events but did nothing else in any other event.

Higgins won 3 rankers in 2001 I think, then went on 3 years without winning a ranking event, until he finally won the British open in 2004.. Dont know if the British Open was at the beggining of 2004, or at the end, but I think it was at the end of the year, so yes 2003/2004 was the last time, because he won the British Open in 2004/2005 season..

But if he didnt win a ranker in 2007/2008, then thats the last time... who cares anyway :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Postby Skullman

Witz78 wrote:no surprise to see Gould losing again to a top 16 player

hes done nothing at all to prove hes worthy of a place in the elite

and no surprise to see MY young proteges Xiao and Jack winning :D

How are they yours?

Postby Muppet147

Skullman wrote:

How are they yours?

He once made a post praising them. Therefore, they are his proteges. :-)

Postby Skullman

Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

How are they yours?

I praise Selby, therefore I claim him as my own. :gag:

Postby Andre147

Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

How are they yours?

Lol, some stupid logic going on here.. So Ronnie is also my protegé as I praise him also... rofl rofl rofl

Postby Skullman

Andre147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
Skullman wrote:

How are they yours?

Lol, some stupid logic going on here.. So Ronnie is also my protegé as I praise him also... rofl rofl rofl

Should be nice and leave Robbo for GJ to claim or just take him? :redneck:

Postby Witz78

Skullman wrote:

How are they yours?

i was bigging Lisowski up years ago when he was on the PIOS tour and likewise with Xiao before he got on tour as id heard a lot about him

yet again im being proven correct in my choice of future stars to follow

unlike Smart with Zhang :hmmm:

and GJ with Selt <doh>

Postby Skullman

kostasmad wrote:70,000 pounds event an no camera. Are they taking the snake hiss?

The whole event isn't cameraless. It's just the first day, although I still think that it's stupid not have a camera for just one day.