Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 11 !!!!!!

Postby Muppet147

SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My problem with professional darts is, I got the beer belly, but I can't play.

This is a snooker forum. Are you lost?

No. I am responding to something a commentator just said whilst I was watching a snooker match. Are you not watching it? <doh>

I doubt the commentator can hear your moronic remarks through the telly. :-)

Postby SnookerFan

Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:My problem with professional darts is, I got the beer belly, but I can't play.

This is a snooker forum. Are you lost?

No. I am responding to something a commentator just said whilst I was watching a snooker match. Are you not watching it? <doh>

I doubt the commentator can hear your moronic remarks through the telly. :-)

Sorry for commenting at all. :roll:

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:For once Ronnie's got a point though, why the obsession with top 16 ? It'd only have been one match more to play, what's that when you're trying to win tournaments, that's what really matters. Didn't Judd move up into the top 4 in the world today ? I could barely give a monkeys, cos the UK will be something he's remembered for for the rest of his life.

Its the draw when you get there though, he doesn't want to be playing a Higgins/Selby/Trump first round.

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:
Bourne wrote:For once Ronnie's got a point though, why the obsession with top 16 ? It'd only have been one match more to play, what's that when you're trying to win tournaments, that's what really matters. Didn't Judd move up into the top 4 in the world today ? I could barely give a monkeys, cos the UK will be something he's remembered for for the rest of his life.

Its the draw when you get there though, he doesn't want to be playing a Higgins/Selby/Trump first round.

1st round, 2nd round, what's the difference ? If anything the top players are more vulnerable early on anyway :shrug:

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

Ronnie doesent really want to trudge up to cubicles in sheffield to play one qualifier believe me hes just being Ronnie and talking bullocks he was worried than most today just putting a brave face on.

regarding a one match to qualify that should be pretty easy for him...but he dont want to be there.

Postby Witz78

yeh the fact is Ronnie hates tournaments now, so god knows how hed feel playing in qualifiers

be a bit of a joke actually imagining Ronnie turning up alongside all the journeymen at the qualifiers really wouldnt it

Postby Wildey

if Ronnie was playing badly and was rubbish going to qualifiers it would be easier and accept it but in his mind he will proberbly be angry about the PTC and blame them for his plight and might be in the wrong frame of mind at qualifiers....these players can play in cubicles.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:if Ronnie was playing badly and was rubbish going to qualifiers it would be easier and accept it but in his mind he will proberbly be angry about the PTC and blame them for his plight and might be in the wrong frame of mind at qualifiers....these players can play in cubicles.

then again as much as itd be a nightmare round 1 draw for the seeds facing Ronnie, itd be even worse for those making it through to the last qualifying round only to face Ronnie. Reckon that might intimidate the normally solid cubicle players a bit.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:if Ronnie was playing badly and was rubbish going to qualifiers it would be easier and accept it but in his mind he will proberbly be angry about the PTC and blame them for his plight and might be in the wrong frame of mind at qualifiers....these players can play in cubicles.

then again as much as itd be a nightmare round 1 draw for the seeds facing Ronnie, itd be even worse for those making it through to the last qualifying round only to face Ronnie. Reckon that might intimidate the normally solid cubicle players a bit.

players ranked 17 to 32 would rather see Davis in the top 16 lol

Postby Casey

Strange last year we had 12 different winners and if Gould wins he becomes the 4th two time winner of the year?

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:Strange last year we had 12 different winners and if Gould wins he becomes the 4th two time winner of the year?

were you counting Power Snooker as his 1st PTC win? <doh> :chin:

Postby gallantrabbit

This is very much the good side of the PTCs. I'm no communist and don't care who gets all the money, but Someone like Ford can build on this. I for one have wondered why he hasn't done more in the last 3/4 years so this is at least something to build on as he's beaten some decent players. And the cash will not be unwelcome either.
MG will be gutted he's let 5 big ones slip but he's doing pretty good in these overall.

Postby Casey

Witz78 wrote:
Casey wrote:Strange last year we had 12 different winners and if Gould wins he becomes the 4th two time winner of the year?

were you counting Power Snooker as his 1st PTC win? <doh> :chin:

Ha! yes i was :evilgrin:

Postby Smart

gallantrabbit wrote:This is very much the good side of the PTCs. I'm no communist and don't care who gets all the money, but Someone like Ford can build on this. I for one have wondered why he hasn't done more in the last 3/4 years so this is at least something to build on as he's beaten some decent players. And the cash will not be unwelcome either.
MG will be gutted he's let 5 big ones slip but he's doing pretty good in these overall.

he went on the snake hiss for several years, thats what he did, that 10 grand will be converted into lager and cider me thinks in Leicester :gag: