Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 11 !!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Smart wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Good to see Ford win something though.

yeah delighted for him, was quite a grand presentation ceremony bad monkey

Yeah, that was a bit rubbish, weren't it? <laugh>

Still, I got to see a decent bo7 after work, can't complain.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

I just read this thread. Incredible stuff. Davis was only one frame away from pushing Ronnie out of the top 16, how often do you see something that dramatic in the rankings?

Mark Davis looks destined not to get in the top 16 - Ding fluked match ball in the UK and now this.

Postby Roland

Ding fluked match ball but Davis had a chance to win in the previous frame. Plus if Ding hadn't fluked match ball, it's doubtful Davis would've cleared with black on side cushion so he wouldn't necessarily have won.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Ding fluked match ball but Davis had a chance to win in the previous frame. Plus if Ding hadn't fluked match ball, it's doubtful Davis would've cleared with black on side cushion so he wouldn't necessarily have won.

Like I said - destined. He's 39 years old now, will he ever get a better chance than today?

Postby Roland

Well he's got the next cut off to aim for but realistically I guess after that it could be harder for him. It'd just make a great story to have him on tour for so long languishing in the middle ranks then playing the best snooker of his life and getting in the top 16. You've gotta think if he gets this close and never makes it it'll probably bug him for life.

Postby Witz78

As Ronnies been saying tonight, if just getting inside the top 16 is the ambition for certain players then whats the point of them playing. Its all about winning as he says.

Postby Roland

Easy for him to say. Anyway, with a flat 128 draw soon the top 16 will be an irrelevence apart from avoiding other top 16 players in the seeded draw.

Postby vodkadiet

Not entirely sure what I said about O'Sullivan was insulting? Strange rules on here. Some posters can take the mick out of the disabled or disfigured, and yet you say something against a prima donna piece of sc*m and it gets deleted.

We are all born equal, but some are more equal than others.

Postby Rocket_ron

vodkadiet wrote:Not entirely sure what I said about O'Sullivan was insulting? Strange rules on here. Some posters can take the mick out of the disabled or disfigured, and yet you say something against a prima donna piece of sc*m and it gets deleted.

Im not sure the disabled or disfigued get insulted on these forums?

Postby vodkadiet

Rocket_ron wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:Not entirely sure what I said about O'Sullivan was insulting? Strange rules on here. Some posters can take the mick out of the disabled or disfigured, and yet you say something against a prima donna piece of sc*m and it gets deleted.

Jonno???

Postby Rocket_ron

vodkadiet wrote:
Rocket_ron wrote:

Jonno???

wellllllllll thats more of a robbo lookalike type banter abit like your rigsby

Postby hendry_fan

Martin Gould 3 *Tom Ford* 4

Talk about telepathy,just last week when i was lookin at the players profiles,i did actually think,whats happened to Tom Ford as he has,nt produced much goods at all for a good while ,a week later he ends up winnin the PTC 11!. :-)

:roll: Gould let another one slip,he certainly had chances. :roll:

Postby Witz78

Your right Vodka. If theres one thing i hate more than political correctness, its political correctness being used in some instances but not others, double standards and all that.
PS- U said we are all born equal? surely that doesnt apply to Jono haha

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:Your right Vodka. If theres one thing i hate more than political correctness, its political correctness being used in some instances but not others, double standards and all that.
PS- U said we are all born equal? surely that doesnt apply to Jono haha

Or Saif Gadaffi :grrr:

Postby Roland

I'm all for banter but what happened yesterday is a player lost a final in the deciding frame and immediately there was an insulting post about him deliberately posted in big letters and bold type which was quoted ad nauseum. I deemed it unacceptable so removed the original and every post that quoted it without descrimination.

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:I'm all for banter but what happened yesterday is a player lost a final in the deciding frame and immediately there was an insulting post about him deliberately posted in big letters and bold type which was quoted ad nauseum. I deemed it unacceptable so removed the original and every post that quoted it without descrimination.

:irk:

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I'm all for banter but what happened yesterday is a player lost a final in the deciding frame and immediately there was an insulting post about him deliberately posted in big letters and bold type which was quoted ad nauseum. I deemed it unacceptable so removed the original and every post that quoted it without descrimination.

Who remembers that time the board seemed to explode with attacks at Matthew Stevens being the worst human being alive, because he lost to Mark Allen at The Crucible.

The one time I'm not online during World Championship fortnight, and I come back like; "What the hell?" <laugh>

Postby Roland

I don't remember but I do know I'm a sucker for putting myself in a position of responsibility when you've got clowns talking rubbish about things they think they know about when I'm the one who would have to take the flack if any of the deformatory things said result in legal action. You think I'm bad, sure I don't need to remind anyone of the PM snooping and deformation that went on in other places <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just read this thread. Incredible stuff. Davis was only one frame away from pushing Ronnie out of the top 16, how often do you see something that dramatic in the rankings?

PTC + Rolling Rankings will create many more over the coming seasons.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I just read this thread. Incredible stuff. Davis was only one frame away from pushing Ronnie out of the top 16, how often do you see something that dramatic in the rankings?

PTC + Rolling Rankings will create many more over the coming seasons.

True, weekly rolling rankings are the next big step <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Sonny wrote:I don't remember but I do know I'm a sucker for putting myself in a position of responsibility when you've got clowns talking rubbish about things they think they know about when I'm the one who would have to take the flack if any of the deformatory things said result in legal action. You think I'm bad, sure I don't need to remind anyone of the PM snooping and deformation that went on in other places <laugh>

Actually, I think you're a pretty good mod. :limp: I've been on worse sites for over or under modding.

Postby Wildey

well thats pretty clear to me now any posts labeling Robbo as jonno will be without second thought deleted from any threads where i can delete them.

you lot want equality that what you will get <ok>

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:well thats pretty clear to me now any posts labeling Robbo as jonno will be without second thought deleted from any threads where i can delete them.

you lot want equality that what you will get <ok>

You think it's an insult to be compared to Jono :chin: Wonder what he'd have to say about that :hatoff: