Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 11 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Just scrolled thru the last few pages. Gutted for Davis etc etc, gimme a break, it was like a whos who of I am some twats queuing up to gloat in his top 16 demise so get it up each and every one of yous.
A top 16 with that journeyman bottler Mavis would b a joke.
No wonder the Island cant shake of its reputation.

everyone has their favrites so what people wanting Ronnie to loose his top 16 spot you would be chearing on Dave Harold and Barry Pinches to replace Higgins or Hendry so stop being a pin end.....

Postby Roland

All the players on twitter were cheer on Davis as well. He deserves a top 16 spot at the end of the day, plus it would mean so much to finally get there after being 17 so many times and being on tour for so long. One more chance for him you feel before the points start coming off from 2 years ago.

Postby Bourne

I was pretty 50/50 on it tbh, wasn't that keen on the prospect of either being in the top 16, if it was someone like Lisowski banging on the door then i'd have been at the front of the queue cheering him on and Ronnie's demise, but MCD does nothing for me as a supporter, and it's not like he's done anything in the last 2 years that makes you think 'wow, that's one of the elite players right there'.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Just scrolled thru the last few pages. Gutted for Davis etc etc, gimme a break, it was like a whos who of I am some twats queuing up to gloat in his top 16 demise so get it up each and every one of yous.

everyone has their favrites so what people wanting Ronnie to loose his top 16 spot you would be chearing on Dave Harold and Barry Pinches to replace Higgins or Hendry so stop being a porcupine spike.....

I wouldn't Wild. I've never been cheering on someone demises. I might be cheering on someone success, but that's a totally different point of view. It's being "for" someone, not "against" someone.

Postby Witz78

Casey wrote:

Any player that misses the tournaments Ronnie has deserves a wake up!

Yeh if Ronnie drops out he only has himself to blame, though its largely down to last seasons poor attitude thats put him in this farcial predicament.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

everyone has their favrites so what people wanting Ronnie to loose his top 16 spot you would be chearing on Dave Harold and Barry Pinches to replace Higgins or Hendry so stop being a pin end.....

never knew Mavis was one of your favourites :chin:

id sooner Hendry was in the top 16 still than some of them who are in it now, as much as i dont like him <ok>

i predicted Hendrys top 16 demise well in advance though whilst you were in total denial that it could ever happen <doh>

Postby hendry_fan

MARK DAVIS 3 - 4 *ANTHONY HAMILTON*

Bl**dy nora!,cant get much closer than that,Davis 1 frame away from kickin Ronnie out of the top 16!!!!.

<ok> Mark Davis certainly deserved it as he,s been playing some very good snooker lately,ah well,hopefully next time Mark!!!!.<ok>

Mind you,if Ronnie carrys on the way he,s been doin,it won,t be long till he indeed does crash out of the top 16!.

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

everyone has their favrites so what people wanting Ronnie to loose his top 16 spot you would be chearing on Dave Harold and Barry Pinches to replace Higgins or Hendry so stop being a porcupine spike.....

never knew Mavis was one of your favourites :chin:

id sooner Hendry was in the top 16 still than some of them who are in it now, as much as i dont like him <ok>

i predicted Hendrys top 16 demise well in advance though whilst you were in total denial that it could ever happen <doh>

"Trump will never be ahead of fluffy bunnies Hendry" :chuckle:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:All the players on twitter were cheer on Davis as well. He deserves a top 16 spot at the end of the day, plus it would mean so much to finally get there after being 17 so many times and being on tour for so long. One more chance for him you feel before the points start coming off from 2 years ago.

you cant just say he deserves a top 16 place, if he gets enough points to be in there he deserves to, if he doesnt then he doesnt, simple as that.

Hes blown it yet again and his chance of getting in the elite is gone, though i suspect had he done it this time it would only have been for a short while anyway before his natural place in the rankings was found.

Hes never a top 16 player in a million years tbh, whats he ever do at venues anyway, hes just a bottler as shown in the past, at the UK and today :john:

Postby Witz78

hendry_fan wrote:MARK DAVIS 3 - 4 *ANTHONY HAMILTON*

Bl**dy nora!,cant get much closer than that,Davis 1 frame away from kickin Ronnie out of the top 16!!!!.

<ok> Mark Davis certainly deserved it as he,s been playing some very good snooker lately,ah well,hopefully next time Mark!!!!.<ok>

Mind you,if Ronnie carrys on the way he,s been doin,it won,t be long till he indeed does crash out of the top 16!.

Ronnies crashing out during the next rankings cut off so will have to qualify for the WC.

After this PTC i will do a thread showing how the provisional rankings will look at the start of the next cut off. Ronnie roughly will need to prob reach the final of both Germany and Wales roughly in order to remain in the top 16.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:

I wouldn't Wild. I've never been cheering on someone demises. I might be cheering on someone success, but that's a totally different point of view. It's being "for" someone, not "against" someone.

I was replying to witz whitch would have a totally different view to you

Postby Rocket_ron

Monique wrote:

Mon, I agree.

Now in the past i have been guilty of doing what most the others here today have done. I did it for MJW a few year back, but of that im truly repentant.

End of the day if ronnie or anyone else for that matter lose T16 then its their own fault for not producing the goods.

Postby Monique

SnookerFan wrote:On my way home, has the final been decided yet? I intend to watch that.

no. Ants 3-2 Gouldy. Gouldy in and it's 0-29 in the 6th

Postby vodkadiet

Monique wrote:Decider! 4th for Ants in four matches. The guy must be dead on his feet.

I hope his Christmas dinner makes him ill, and confines him to bed. :-D

Postby Bourne

Monique wrote:Decider! 4th for Ants in four matches. The guy must be dead on his feet.

Great to see these pros, especially a newcomer to the game, being made to work hard and have to earn his corn. When he achieves and wins matches, he can really look back and feel pride, as they all should be <ok>

Postby Casey

Whilst I do think Ronnie would have got what he deserved had he fell out of the top 16, I have no problem admitting that it is much better with him than without.

Postby Roland

If he does drop out at the next cut off, he'll have to play one qualifier for the Worlds (best of 19, clear favourite) and then he'll be back inside the 16 as his points from the barren period drop off. So at a guess worst case scenario for him will be one match in the qualifiers and fingers crossed for a decent draw at the Crucible.

Postby Muppet147

I doubt any seeded player would fancy facing O'Sullivan in the first round at the Crucible.

If he drops out of the 16, I don't think it will be a big deal. He is still good enough to climb back up the rankings.

Postby Bourne

For once Ronnie's got a point though, why the obsession with top 16 ? It'd only have been one match more to play, what's that when you're trying to win tournaments, that's what really matters. Didn't Judd move up into the top 4 in the world today ? I could barely give a monkeys, cos the UK will be something he's remembered for for the rest of his life.

Postby vodkadiet

Bourne wrote:For once Ronnie's got a point though, why the obsession with top 16 ? It'd only have been one match more to play, what's that when you're trying to win tournaments, that's what really matters. Didn't Judd move up into the top 4 in the world today ? I could barely give a monkeys, cos the UK will be something he's remembered for for the rest of his life.

Is O'Sullivan Wild in disguise? The reason I ask is that their spelling is remarkably similar. Same teacher for English classes maybe? :chin:

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:If he does drop out at the next cut off, he'll have to play one qualifier for the Worlds (best of 19, clear favourite) and then he'll be back inside the 16 as his points from the barren period drop off. So at a guess worst case scenario for him will be one match in the qualifiers and fingers crossed for a decent draw at the Crucible.

if he drops out at next cut 0ff, then hell have qualifiers for the China Open, World Open too.

If he does drop out, well lets face it, he hates the foreign events anyway and misses them a lot anyway so its no real difference if he doesnt enter them so i reckon he will just think sod my ranking and only enter the events he want to, albeit in the knowledge that he has to play a qualifier to get to these events.

With the tour heading towards a flatter 128 set up, everyones going to be in the qualifiers soon anyway as theres no elite, plus with it being money based rankings the priority for most will be to just enter the bigger events.

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:For once Ronnie's got a point though, why the obsession with top 16 ? It'd only have been one match more to play, what's that when you're trying to win tournaments, that's what really matters. Didn't Judd move up into the top 4 in the world today ? I could barely give a monkeys, cos the UK will be something he's remembered for for the rest of his life.

You could certainly argue that it means less when the rankings change several times a season.

Postby Bourne

vodkadiet wrote:

Is O'Sullivan Wild in disguise? The reason I ask is that their spelling is remarkably similar. Same teacher for English classes maybe? :chin:

I know you ain't Ronnie's biggest fan but I gota say that's pretty harsh labelling him that bad a speller :irk:

Postby Roland

@witz I was talking about the cut off after the next one. I know Ricky Walden can get that last top 16 spot if he wins PTC12 but it's a longish shot even though he played really well in the UK. I think the cut off after that is for the World Championships only isn't it?