Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 11 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

crowds been poor so far and having a PTC Before christmas it was always going to be hard to sell it.

Postby Wildey

tomorrow Mark Davis needs to win 2 matches to reach the top 16 and relagate Ronnie

Stephen Maguire>Ding Junhui/Anthony Hamilton are the 3 men in his way.

tough ask..

Postby vodkadiet

Why shouldn't Ding Junhui take the mick with Hendry? Ding is there playing Hendry of today, not 1995.

The point is though that Ding could never, ever reach the standards that Hendry produced in his heyday. However he should take the mick becaue Hendry has played on for far too long.

Postby Andre147

What? Phil Yates has just said that Honest John lost to Justn Ashtley after being 3 nil ahead rofl rofl <doh> hehe, poor John, he really inst playing great at the moment, every credit to Justin for that wonderful comeback :happy: :happy:

Postby Wildey

if Judd Trump wins this PTC he goes above John Higgins and Neil Robertson in the rankings in to 3rd spot at the cut off point.

Postby Casey

Wild wrote:tomorrow Mark Davis needs to win 2 matches to reach the top 16 and relagate Ronnie

tough ask..

What about Walden?

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:
Wild wrote:tomorrow Mark Davis needs to win 2 matches to reach the top 16 and relagate Ronnie

tough ask..

What about Walden?

Yes if Davis reaches the semis Ronnie is out of the top 16... If he doesnt, then only Ricky can put him out... he is already through to the last 16 of ptc12, so, I dont know for sure, if Walden reaches a final and a semi Ronnie could be out, but I dont know for sure, will have to ask Matt from PSB :chin: :chin:

Postby Monique

Casey wrote:

tough ask..

What about Walden?

Ricky has to win one of PTC 11/12 and make at least quarters in the other, or make one final and one semi.

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:

tough ask..

What about Walden?

that will have to be in PTC 12 walden cant overhaul Ronnie this week

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Casey wrote:

tough ask..

What about Walden?

Ricky has to win one of PTC 11/12 and make at least quarters in the other, or make one final and one semi.

snap lol

Postby Wildey

Thanks to Stephen Hendry on Friday and David Morris today Ken Doherty is out of the Top 32 at the Cut off Point For Welsh Open,China Open and World Open.

Postby mediter

To be honest, this is probably the dullest main tour tournament I have ever been involved following. 11. PTC of the season, just after the UK and just a few days away from christmas... And to make it even worse, they just played 12. PTC first few rounds before this. Glad that Ding and Stevens made 147´s and Ding even twice ! But it´s not about the standarts if the sprit and athmosphere ain´t there.. For example, one of the greatest match I have ever watched was Ebdon vs O`Sullivan at 2005 WC, where Ebdon made his legendary 12 break <laugh> That match was just awesome and incredible athmosphere and sporting wise, even if O`Sullivan wasn´t that happy with Ebdon´s rhytm.. But still I reckon even O´Sullivan remembers that match very well when he´s old man, and not in a bad way even he lost.

What I am saying is that there´s just feeling that let´s just play away these matches before christmas time

Postby Bourne

mediter wrote:To be honest, this is probably the dullest main tour tournament I have ever been involved following. 11. PTC of the season, just after the UK and just a few days away from christmas... And to make it even worse, they just played 12. PTC first few rounds before this. Glad that Ding and Stevens made 147´s and Ding even twice ! But it´s not about the standarts if the sprit and athmosphere ain´t there.. For example, one of the greatest match I have ever watched was Ebdon vs O`Sullivan at 2005 WC, where Ebdon made his legendary 12 break <laugh> That match was just awesome and incredible athmosphere and sporting wise, even if O`Sullivan wasn´t that happy with Ebdon´s rhytm.. But still I reckon even O´Sullivan remembers that match very well when he´s old man, and not in a bad way even he lost.

What I am saying is that there´s just feeling that let´s just play away these matches before christmas time

Tell that to the players who are making significant ranking moves this week ...

Postby Andre147

mediter wrote:To be honest, this is probably the dullest main tour tournament I have ever been involved following. 11. PTC of the season, just after the UK and just a few days away from christmas... And to make it even worse, they just played 12. PTC first few rounds before this. Glad that Ding and Stevens made 147´s and Ding even twice ! But it´s not about the standarts if the sprit and athmosphere ain´t there.. For example, one of the greatest match I have ever watched was Ebdon vs O`Sullivan at 2005 WC, where Ebdon made his legendary 12 break <laugh> That match was just awesome and incredible athmosphere and sporting wise, even if O`Sullivan wasn´t that happy with Ebdon´s rhytm.. But still I reckon even O´Sullivan remembers that match very well when he´s old man, and not in a bad way even he lost.

Yes I partially agree with you... For the top players, this last ptcs dont mean much, it is just a way to gain some more ranking points, but not more than that... However, for the lower ranked players, it still means a lot, and even for Ronnie(would you imagine) he could have at least played in 1 of them, I know he has long ago secured his place in the ptc Finals in March, but if he had entered one of these, he could have secured his place on the top 16, and not have to RELY on OTHERS performances to win... :-) still, it is a nice way to end the year, even though some of them might not play their heart in this, like you rightly said

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:What? Phil Yates has just said that Honest John lost to Justn Ashtley after being 3 nil ahead rofl rofl <doh> hehe, poor John, he really inst playing great at the moment, every credit to Justin for that wonderful comeback :happy: :happy:

Really? I've been so busy this weekend I've not seen any.

Honest John has truly had a poor season compared to last seasons quality. I wonder how he'll do at The Masters, an event that he often struggles in.

Postby Andre147

:D :D :D Ian Mcculloch is 2 nil up on Walden.... Cmon, take Ricky out so that Ronnie has a better chance.....

If Ricky is out, then only mark davis remains... and he hasnt a nice draw until the semis....

I hate to be saying this, and the fault is all on Ronnies shoulders, having to RELY on others performances to stay in the top 16....

Postby Roland

Come on Ricky!

Ronnie's being all cockey on twitter so hopefully he'll get his just desserts :D

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:Selby v Williams Next on TV a Sonny help each other festival lol

Dammit, I aint seen any all weekend. Been busy. I was going to just watch a film, but you've got me interested with your tempting talk of decent matches. <laugh>