Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 10 !!!

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Yes, Stephen was unlucky there. But Higgins with a very good, typical 60+ break before that.

By the way what do you guys think about Higgins's mustache? <laugh>

Groucho Marx in the Making

Postby Roland

I think the time is here that Selby is finally the finished article. The one thing missing from his game was getting off to a good start and front running. He's doing that nearly every time you see him now. Gotta be one of the favourites if not the favourite for the UK.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:I think the time is here that Selby is finally the finished article. The one thing missing from his game was getting off to a good start and front running. He's doing that nearly every time you see him now. Gotta be one of the favourites if not the favourite for the UK.

I agree but don't forget that you also had very high hopes for him last year ...

Postby Roland

When you look at the draw, alright he's got Ryan Day in round 1 which isn't the easiest starter, but it's fair to say he is the best player in that half and should prevail but that doesn't mean he will as every player is capable on their day. Form says Selby should be in the final.

It's funny saying that now when looking back to 2007-2010 he always ran into Higgins, Williams or O'Sullivan in top form early doors. It's about time he got some good draws in the big ones.

Postby Andre147

That´s it as far as streamed tables are concerned for today.. Neil finishes off Gerard with a 4-1 result... Next up a clash against John, whom he has a decent record against...

Good matches for tomorrow, hope to catch some of the Ronnie action, provided that he decides to come there to play... :chin: have a feeling that he might well skip this one, even though he is sheduled to play against Sam Baird.. he may feel still a bit tired from the premier legue and wants to prepare better for the Uk, or, he might as well play but do a Mark Williams in th ptcs and go out first round, have a feeling its the latter.... hope not though :evilgrin: :john: :john:

Postby Witz78

Ronnies a mug if he doesnt play this, an easy few points even if he cant be fussed so he might as well turn up.

As for Wiggy, yeh best player in his half of the draw prob but hell fall in the QF or SF id say

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:Ronnies a mug if he doesnt play this, an easy few points even if he cant be fussed so he might as well turn up.

As for Wiggy, yeh best player in his half of the draw prob but hell fall in the QF or SF id say

yes i agree, a few points would do him no harm, as he badly needs them... he should at least get to the last 16, and a then a possible match against ding again <cool> he could play doherty or peter lines in 3rd round, and, remember, the latter knocked him out of the 2nd ptc... he still doesnt cope that well against slower players, and more often than not loses his head completly and goes on to lose those matches... still, a few points here would do his ranking no harm indeed

Postby Roland

soon as I say that about Selby he's let a 2-0 and 40 odd point lead slip to let Holt back in at 2-2. Bed time I think. Finish him Mark.

Postby PLtheRef

I would say anyone involved in the UKs not playing in this are plain stupid with the match practise over a similar format that this could provide for next week

Postby Wildey

Monday 28th of November

Last 32

Neil Robertson 4-1 Gerard Greene
John Higgins 4-3 Stephen Hendry
Rory McLeod 4-1 Nigel Bond
Marco Fu 3-4 Joe Perry
Andrew Norman 2-4 Chris Norbury
Jamie Cope 4-2 Liu Song
Scott Mackenzie 0-4 Ben Woollaston
Michael Holt 4-3 Mark Selby

Postby hendry_fan

*John Higgins* 4-3 Stephen Hendry

Yes,indeed it was a shame that Hendry did,nt beat john as he played very well,potting was very good,positional play was ok,what cost him the match was his safety play,his safety play was rubbish to be honest,and what did,nt help was almost every time he messed up a safety he left John an easy opener which resulted in John makin a BIG break.

Unlucky Stephen,you really need to buckle up your safety play though!. :roll:

Postby Wildey

Ronnie O'Sullivan doesent get a streamed Table first Match SHOCK HORROR :shock:

Postby Casey

I get the feeling this is the most low key PTC event this season, too many have their eye on the UK.

For me, the biggest question is what sort of form will Higgins bring?

Postby Wildey

Casey wrote:I get the feeling this is the most low key PTC event this season, too many have their eye on the UK.

For me, the biggest question is what sort of form will Higgins bring?

thats the wrong way to look at it

best way is to blow everyone out of the water this week and give them the fear of god ahead of the UK.

Postby Wildey

i thought Li Yan v Williams ahead of Walden v Gareth Allen (sorry Gaz) and Ronnie obviously other than that its pretty much how i expected it.

Postby Wildey

Tuesday 29th of November

9am

Judd Trump 3-4 Tian Pengfei
James Wattana 0-4 Barry Pinches
Barry Hawkins w/o Joe Swail
Dave Harold 4-3 Robert Milkins
Liam Highfield 4-1 David Morris
Mark Davis 3-4 David Grace
Tony Drago 0-4 Duane Jones
Jimmy Robertson 4-1 Rod Lawler

Postby Wildey

following on from the subject of Ronnie might not play......seeing him not on stream i wander ???

Postby SnookerFan

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Unbelievable how Sonny jinxed Selby yesterday rofl

Too funny.

And Hendry won't be too happy having played superb but still lost while today James Wattana was whitewashed by Barry Pinches.

Pinches The Mighty, Pinches The Brave.

Postby snooky147

SnookerFan wrote:Judd lose to Tian Pengfei. :shock:

That's a bit of a shock. Maybe they'll be a match-fixing enquiry, like when Pengfei beat Ronnie that time.

It was a cracking match. Possibly the best best of seven match I have seen.
:hyper:

Postby SnookerFan

snooky147 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Judd lose to Tian Pengfei. :shock:

That's a bit of a shock. Maybe they'll be a match-fixing enquiry, like when Pengfei beat Ronnie that time.

It was a cracking match. Possibly the best best of seven match I have seen.
:hyper:

Even better than Judd Trump's scorcher with Ronnie?