Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 10 !!!

Postby Bourne

randam05 wrote:
mishcka wrote:
randam05 wrote:
mishcka wrote:Holty waves to the imaginary audience! class act!
feeling bit sorry for Dom, but he missed some crucial pots!

oh well two days break and then snooker is back on! YAY <cool>

Yeah that was the worst dom played all week :-(

I KNOW DONT YOU JUST LOVE BACK TO BACK SNOOKER?! lovely stuff :-)

snooker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
streamed snooker :hatoff:
live snooker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
recorded snooker <ok> <ok>
work :chin: :shrug: :zzz:

mischka :spot on:
Hamilton, Dale, Swail :bowdown: :bowdown:

DOMINIC DALE 6-0 JUDD TRUMP UK CHAMPS

11 days of BBC televised snooker :hatoff: :hatoff: :-D
sky+ for college hours :mosh2:

Boomkraked <ok>

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Congratulations to Michael Holt for winning PTC10, his second PTC win and in his favourite venue as well :redneck:

Bad luck to Dominic but it's good to see him in bounce mode. As Ben Harrison said on twitter, he's one of those players who suddenly hits a burst of form and wins tournaments (Grand Prix and Shanghai) and when he's playing like that he's great to watch. He strokes the ball beautifully and is a classic style of player which suits his personality as a historian of the game.

Not sure he's got any hope against Judd in the UK though. He's set himself up nicely by reaching a PTC final a few days before, but if his Crucible match against Ronnie is anything to go by, Judd could prove too much for him.

I get the impression that presuming Trump and O'Sullivan meet in round two, the winner will go on to take the title. I think I went for O'Sullivan in predictions, but to be honest Trump probably has the better chance of the two. Not sure about Higgins, he may be playing himself into form but he's still quite a bit below vintage John Higgins... perhaps a quarter-final meeting with O'Sullivan would be the spark he needs to ignite his season properly?

Postby Roland

Trump or Ronnie could win the UK assuming

a) Trump doesn't have to play Robbo

or

b) Ronnie doesn't have to play Selby

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:
Sonny wrote:Congratulations to Michael Holt for winning PTC10, his second PTC win and in his favourite venue as well :redneck:

Bad luck to Dominic but it's good to see him in bounce mode. As Ben Harrison said on twitter, he's one of those players who suddenly hits a burst of form and wins tournaments (Grand Prix and Shanghai) and when he's playing like that he's great to watch. He strokes the ball beautifully and is a classic style of player which suits his personality as a historian of the game.

Not sure he's got any hope against Judd in the UK though. He's set himself up nicely by reaching a PTC final a few days before, but if his Crucible match against Ronnie is anything to go by, Judd could prove too much for him.

I get the impression that presuming Trump and O'Sullivan meet in round two, the winner will go on to take the title. I think I went for O'Sullivan in predictions, but to be honest Trump probably has the better chance of the two. Not sure about Higgins, he may be playing himself into form but he's still quite a bit below vintage John Higgins... perhaps a quarter-final meeting with O'Sullivan would be the spark he needs to ignite his season properly?

Vintage Higgins?

Hed a good few 4-3 wins in this PTC, that is vintage Higgins <doh>

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:Trump or Ronnie could win the UK assuming

or

I'm still more scared of Higgins than Selby. Yes, Selby does seem to grate on O'Sullivan, but O'Sullivan has had his wins over Selby... Higgins has been a major sticking point since the 2005 Grand Prix and 2006 Masters final...

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 30th of November

7pm

Final

Michael Holt 4-2 Dominic Dale

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:

No player successfully defended a major since Paul Hunter in 2002 and no player successfully defended a UK title since Stephen Henrdy in 1996.

Higgins will be vulnerable but you never know in snooker.
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 30 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:

or

I'm still more scared of Higgins than Selby. Yes, Selby does seem to grate on O'Sullivan, but O'Sullivan has had his wins over Selby... Higgins has been a major sticking point since the 2005 Grand Prix and 2006 Masters final...

I agree. Selby and Ronnie are more or less square but Higgins has become a bit of a nightmare. But it's a different story this time because Higgins has the extra pressure of being the defending champion.

Postby Tubberlad

Haha, I'm not sure if Higgins is ever too vulnerable. He's good enough to pull the UK out of the bag without having shown any glimpse of form.

Postby SnookerFan

or

I wouldn't make Robbo that much of a favourite against Trump, to be fair. If at all. Remember The Crucible?

Postby mishcka

randam05 wrote:
mishcka wrote:
randam05 wrote:
mishcka wrote:Holty waves to the imaginary audience! class act!
feeling bit sorry for Dom, but he missed some crucial pots!

oh well two days break and then snooker is back on! YAY <cool>

Yeah that was the worst dom played all week :-(

I KNOW DONT YOU JUST LOVE BACK TO BACK SNOOKER?! lovely stuff :-)

snooker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
streamed snooker :hatoff:
live snooker :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
recorded snooker <ok> <ok>
work :chin: :shrug: :zzz:

mischka :spot on:
Hamilton, Dale, Swail :bowdown: :bowdown:

DOMINIC DALE 6-0 JUDD TRUMP UK CHAMPS :bowdown: :bowdown: :happy:

11 days of BBC televised snooker :hatoff: :hatoff: :-D
sky+ for college hours :mosh2:

I wish I can be this optimistic... but whatever the results will be, it will be a great match to watch!
cannot wait for the UK :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:Haha, I'm not sure if Higgins is ever too vulnerable. He's good enough to pull the UK out of the bag without having shown any glimpse of form.

Higgins disappointed as the defending champion in the Crucible every single time this millennium. Even Higgins can't turn it on every time in a big tournament.

Postby mishcka

SnookerFan wrote:

or

I wouldn't make Robbo that much of a favourite against Trump, to be fair. If at all. Remember The Crucible?

But Robbo was out of sorts then, he's been in sparkling form this season (I used two bbc commentary teams terms in one sentence!)

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Haha, I'm not sure if Higgins is ever too vulnerable. He's good enough to pull the UK out of the bag without having shown any glimpse of form.

Higgins disappointed as the defending champion in the Crucible every single time this millennium. Even Higgins can't turn it on every time in a big tournament.

It's very surprising indeed that Williams, Higgins and O'Sullivan have never defended a major title between them. :hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

mishcka wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

or

But Robbo was out of sorts then, he's been in sparkling form this season (I used two bbc commentary teams terms in one sentence!)

just like last year

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

It's very surprising indeed that Williams, Higgins and O'Sullivan have never defended a major title between them. :hatoff:

Getting to the top is tough, staying there is even tougher.

Postby Bourne

mishcka wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

or

Judd's beaten him this season too so I duno what Sonny's on about tbh, probably judging the whole match-up on one frame where Robbo won a scrappy 4th in that final in Ireland.

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

As was said earlier, Paul Hunter is the only man to defend a major title since 1996, and that was nearly ten years ago now (very hard to believe that Hunter's remarkable wins are THAT long ago). It makes you wonder what Paul Hunter could have done in this game.

Postby Roland

Judd got him at the Crucible but I think Judd was in the same form in Ireland and Robbo held him off with smart play. Robbo knows how to beat Judd, Selby hasn't figured it out yet.

Postby randam05

What an earth is ronnie saying now. This isnt Ronnie surely.. I dont believe it.

''Just been told I need to apologise for using the f word.. I will get in trouble... I'm so sorry.. Im a bad example to people ..''

''I think they should hang me.. Cut me into pieces.. And then burn me...''

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Sonny wrote:Judd got him at the Crucible but I think Judd was in the same form in Ireland and Robbo held him off with smart play. Robbo knows how to beat Judd, Selby hasn't figured it out yet.

No, Trump missed shots all over the place in that final I don't think it has anything to do with Neil. But I think Robbo has figured out how to beat Higgins, expect today of course rofl

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Sonny wrote:Judd got him at the Crucible but I think Judd was in the same form in Ireland and Robbo held him off with smart play. Robbo knows how to beat Judd, Selby hasn't figured it out yet.

No, Trump missed shots all over the place in that final I don't think it has anything to do with Neil. But I think Robbo has figured out how to beat Higgins, expect today of course rofl

I think Robertson is a very smart player indeed. I think he knows how to beat pretty much anyone... O'Sullivan, Higgins, Trump, Williams, Ding, there's nobody that I feel is not within Robertson's range.

Very interesting to see how he played against Dott in the 2010 World Final. Robertson played Dott at his own game and won that night.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

As was said earlier, Paul Hunter is the only man to defend a major title since 1996, and that was nearly ten years ago now (very hard to believe that Hunter's remarkable wins are THAT long ago). It makes you wonder what Paul Hunter could have done in this game.

If Ronnie only potted that yellow (or green later on) being 9-8 up against Selby in 2010 ...

Unfortuntely I never saw Hunter play live, must have been a great lad :hatoff:

Postby mishcka

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
mishcka wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

or

just like last year

last season he was still under some pressure (defending world champ) etc, I think he's been playing better this year so far. or at least more consistently!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Tubberlad wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:

I think Robertson is a very smart player indeed. I think he knows how to beat pretty much anyone... O'Sullivan, Higgins, Trump, Williams, Ding, there's nobody that I feel is not within Robertson's range.

Very interesting to see how he played against Dott in the 2010 World Final. Robertson played Dott at his own game and won that night.

Robbo just pots the balls and wins the match while other players who have battle scars from previous Higgins defeats miss pressure pots.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

mishcka wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
mishcka wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

or

just like last year

last season he was still under some pressure (defending world champ) etc, I think he's been playing better this year so far. or at least more consistently!!

To be fair he was stopped by a superb Murphy but Robbo hasn't proved himself so far in the UK and Masters. He is more than capable of winning them both but he still has to go out there and do it. We will see :hatoff: