Topic locked

Re: PTC 9 (Acuerate Antwerp Open)

Postby Witz78

ditch the Sheffield ones, have 4 European ones only and 4 UK ones (non behind closed doors, 2 SWSA, 1 Scotland and 1 Ireland) with slightly more money on offer.

Mainland Europe with the demand thats there can accomodate 3 or 4 full rankers easily now.

My only criticism of Hearn would be the lack of income the sponsors are bringing in, plus i thought by now hed have the TV companies clamouring for the action. Id have hoped Sky would def have had their own ranker by now too.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
My only criticism of Hearn would be the lack of income the sponsors are bringing in

its work in progress sorry but atetute of some players are not constructive in hearns plans to bring in more money.

far to many i cant give a toss atetute from some.....no sponsor wants to put up money if top players cant be fussed.

Postby The Cueist

Thing is wild,I know who you mean,Having said that im sure yourself and most other's would be miffed at taking a cut in pay at work.

I know it will be for the greater good in the end,But you can't blame people who know what they are worth and know they are getting past their prime. ;-)

Maybe an appearance fee would be a bit more appropriate,Like they do in golf.

I

Postby snooky147

Bourne wrote:At least Graeme is saved another thrashing like he had at the Worlds :john:

You dont actually expect me to rise to such weak bait, do you?. rofl

Postby Bourne

snooky147 wrote:
Bourne wrote:At least Graeme is saved another thrashing like he had at the Worlds :john:

You dont actually expect me to rise to such weak bait, do you?. rofl

Yeh, cos you just did :D

Postby Wildey

The Cueist wrote:Thing is wild,I know who you mean,Having said that im sure yourself and most other's would be miffed at taking a cut in pay at work.

I know it will be for the greater good in the end,But you can't blame people who know what they are worth and know they are getting past their prime. ;-)

Maybe an appearance fee would be a bit more appropriate,Like they do in golf.

I

of course everyone wants more money but snooker reached the pits of the earth.....unless players start putting in the hard graft theres no money there to pay apearance fee.

golf is in a privelage possition snooker needs to strive for...long way to go mate.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie still third favourite, Bourne?

<laugh>

maybe the ref is second fave :chin:

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie still third favourite, Bourne?

No, there's two players in so how would that work :limp: 2nd favourite for my money <ok>

Postby Roland

Yeah Hendon himself made a comment in commentary about how good it is to watch proper snooker without any gimmicks and the final is going to be testament to that.

It's my opinion that Ronnie is going for shots he wouldn't necessarily go for in an event like the UK because of the way he views PTCs. He uses the excuse that he hates them to go for his shots more as if he doesn't care if they go in or not, so maybe that's what he needs to do in the bigger events. There were several shots in the Dott match, like when he didn't get on a red to middle he cut one into the green pocket, and he played a blue to green pocket with hampered cueing and made it more difficult in going for better position.

Given that Dotty got in first or had a good chance in every frame of the semi, I'm going for Judd to win the final and I reckon he'll play at least 2 of those stunning long red pack smasher screw back to baulk shots in the process.

Postby vodkadiet

The players must be getting butterflies now. Big final, big crowd, big tv audience. It must seem like the coming out at 14-14 in the World Final.

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Bourne

Sonny wrote:Yeah Hendon himself made a comment in commentary about how good it is to watch proper snooker without any gimmicks and the final is going to be testament to that.

It's my opinion that Ronnie is going for shots he wouldn't necessarily go for in an event like the UK because of the way he views PTCs. He uses the excuse that he hates them to go for his shots more as if he doesn't care if they go in or not, so maybe that's what he needs to do in the bigger events. There were several shots in the Dott match, like when he didn't get on a red to middle he cut one into the green pocket, and he played a blue to green pocket with hampered cueing and made it more difficult in going for better position.

Given that Dotty got in first or had a good chance in every frame of the semi, I'm going for Judd to win the final and I reckon he'll play at least 2 of those stunning long red pack smasher screw back to baulk shots in the process.

Long red pack smasher screw back to baulk shots bad monkey

Postby Bourne

Smart wrote:JUDD recycling bricks back stage, just had this update from a man on this inside. He cleans loos in Belgium for a living. :gag:

He should probably see a doctor about that :gag:

Postby Smart

Bourne wrote:
Smart wrote:JUDD recycling bricks back stage, just had this update from a man on this inside. He cleans loos in Belgium for a living. :gag:

He should probably see a doctor about that :gag:

Man on the inside says he totally blocked up the toilet, the plumbers have been called. More when I get it on this story..... :gag:

Postby Roland

that was a pretty sensational break from Ronnie there using all blues

Postby Tubberlad

Sonny wrote:that was a pretty sensational break from Ronnie there using all blues

That break was a masterpiece. That's why I love this game.

Trump looking very good to go level.

Postby Tubberlad

Bourne wrote:Gorgeous break by Judd to draw level, that was superb.

I'd like to put it out there that if O'Sullivan is a genius as far as snooker is concerned, and he is, then Trump ain't far off it either.

Postby Bourne

Takes a hell of an occasion to see me strongly consider missing the opening of X-Factor but that's the situation I find myself in now. :chin: