Topic locked

Re: PTC 9 (Acuerate Antwerp Open)

Postby Roland

Easily the best final. I enjoyed Judd v Robbo last time but this was different gravy. I've not enjoyed a match so much since Judd v Ding at the Crucible.

Postby Witz78

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I'm now even more excited for the UK.

Second round Ronnie - Trump right?

yeh plus its a "longer" format match so should last an hour and a half :D

Postby Andre147

Witz78 wrote:

A wonderful final, the best by far from the ptcs, a shame really Ronnie didn´t win, and, above all, lost because of that FLUKE :huh: :irk: , but I suppose that´s the way things can go sometimes.. :| You win some, you lose some... :sleepy:

And yeah, they could and will certainly face each other at the Uk, and also could possibly, less than a month away from that, face again at the Masters 2nd round, so get ready for some action between these two in the upcoming events.. ;-)
Last edited by Andre147 on 13 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Postby randam05

Dont you mean Ronnie-Dale? :chin:

Trump and his flukes :grrr: all the bloody time! I bet his match with Dale will come down to a nasty fluke in the decider :sad:

Postby Roland

It was a great match, some of the shots that were flying in were unbelievable. The fluke was neither here nor there but it was match ball and Judd had refused the same red several times during the break, basically hit it hard, it rattled and went over pink spot into the middle.

Postby Roland

There was one shot where Ronnie had the white in the jaws of the black pocket after potting the last red, and he potted a yellow off the spot and screwed round the back of the green to land on yellow as if the white was 9ft further up the table.

Postby Witz78

Andre147 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

A wonderful final, the best by far from the ptcs, a shame really Ronnie didn´t win, and, above all, lost because of that FLUKE :huh: :irk: , but I suppose that´s the way things can go sometimes.. :| You win some, you lose some... :sleepy:

And yeah, they could and will certainly face each other at the Uk, and also could possibly, less than a month away from that, face again at the Masters 2nd round, so get ready for some action between these two in the upcoming events.. ;-)

and at the Premier League in the semis :limp: or the final

Also Power Snooker, imagine that between these 2? :afro:

Postby Andre147

Sonny wrote:There was one shot where Ronnie had the white in the jaws of the black pocket after potting the last red, and he potted a yellow off the spot and screwed round the back of the green to land on yellow as if the white was 9ft further up the table.

Yes one of the MANY amazing shots these two pulled off in this final, that yeallow from Judd to the right centre, with side going behind the black with perfect position on the green was also one hell of a shot... :hatoff: And, as you might expect, Judd almost destroyed the centre pocket having powered that one in... :D

Postby PLtheRef

Another match ruined by a match ball fluke. Thanks Snooker. I think I am going to have to stop watching this game. I say it every time, but the more this damn poo happens the more I just want to damn it off and write it off as a bad sport. I spent 6 months away from watching live a year ago, it might be time to do it again.

A bad sport because of some rather insane rules. That match deserved a proper send off and a fair winner, but once again, ruined.

Here we go again

Postby Roland

Probably focussing on the fluke :redneck:

Ronnie's break in the first frame using all blues was sensational, and then to knock back to back centuries after Judd destroyed the table for 3 frames on the spin in about 10 minutes, well, what can you say?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

PLtheRef wrote:
Another match ruined by a match ball fluke. Thanks Snooker. I think I am going to have to stop watching this game. I say it every time, but the more this damn poo happens the more I just want to damn it off and write it off as a bad sport. I spent 6 months away from watching live a year ago, it might be time to do it again.

A bad sport because of some rather insane rules. That match deserved a proper send off and a fair winner, but once again, ruined.

Here we go again

Who said/wrote that?

Postby Wildey

Sunday 13th of November

7pm

Final
Ronnie O'Sullivan 3-4 Judd Trump

Image Image

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Winning a final with a fluke creates a terrible situation. It isn't that bad today because it isn't an that important title. You're mainly playing for points.
But I can recall the 2008 UK final deciding frame like it was yesterday. Murphy won it with that outrageous fluke in the middle pocket. It was obviously a terrible situation for Marco Fu who must have felt cheated but also Murphy who had the knowledge that he needed luck to win the title and last but not least the audience who a want to see a fair struggle with no luck involved in the deciding moments.

It was a weird situation for all involved but unfortunately there is nothing snooker can do to stop these moments from time to time. But luck is a part of this game and it always will.

Postby Roland

Murphy already had the match won when he got that fluke and Judd would've won tonight or at least had another chance to win had it not gone in because one red was on the cushion and yellow was close to the cushion above the middle pocket but anyway, he deserved it for the way he played earlier in the frame, especially the long green he took on.

Flukes are a part of the psychology of the game, how you deal with them. They only count if you win the frame in the same visit and trust me, that doesn't happen as often as you'd think.

Postby randam05

Yeah it was no where near as bad as Murphy 2008. I remember that very clearly, and I was supporting Fu all the way. Such a shame it happened to someone like Fu, did not deserve that.

Postby Roland

Haha seriously, the UK final Murphy v Fu? Yes I remember Murphy getting a fluke but there's no way he'd have lost that final had it stayed out! Fu had way too much to do get back in it and Murphy had him, as in he had him! Match was over before that fluke.

Postby randam05

Oh yeah but the fact is, there was still a chance Fu could have won. No one deserves to lose or win by a fluke.