Topic locked

P T C 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy)

Postby Wildey

Thursday 20th~Sunday 23rd of October at The Killarney Convention Centre, Killarney, Ireland

Amateur Qualifying Rounds will take place on Thursday 20th of October with Main Draw Starting Friday 21st of October

The PTC Series has this week crossed the Irish sea to Killarney, Ireland and a Tournament Named after Snookers First Superstar Alex Higgins.

Ronnie O'Sullivan is on a high after Blowing to his Second PTC Event win of the season in Gloucester. Can he make it Back to Back events this week but trying to Stop him will be World Champion John Higgins and World No 1 Mark Selby.

interesting Last 128 Matches

Xiao Guodong v Peter Ebdon
James Wattana v Mark Williams
Tom Ford v Liu Chuang
Ben Woollaston v Liang Wenbo
Steve Davis v Shaun Murphy
Yu Delu v Jack Lisowski
Graeme Dott v Kacper Filipiak

DRAW

QUALIFYING FORMAT OF PLAY

MAIN DRAW FORMAT OF PLAY

OFFICIAL WEBSITE

PREDICTION CONTEST

Image Image

Re: P T C 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy)

Postby Bourne

Just wondering when Judd finally gets the recognition he deserves, or dies, will a tournament be called the Judd Trump International Playboiii Trophy ??? :chin:

Postby snooky147

Bourne wrote:Just wondering when Judd finally gets the recognition he deserves, or dies, will a tournament be called the Judd Trump International Playboiii Trophy ??? :chin:

They could also call his tournament "Hit the ball so hard something has to go in somewhere Trophy" :D

Postby Bourne

snooky147 wrote:
Bourne wrote:Just wondering when Judd finally gets the recognition he deserves, or dies, will a tournament be called the Judd Trump International Playboiii Trophy ??? :chin:

They could also call his tournament "Hit the ball so hard something has to go in somewhere Trophy" :D

Still hurts huh :D

Postby Wildey

no he will have start putting it about first lol

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:

no he will have start putting it about first lol

;-)

Postby snooky147

Bourne wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

Actually no mate, I get over these things pretty quickly but I have watched Judd on a good number of occasions so I am just saying it as it is. There are times when he hits the ball far far too hard, especially when he is not playing well.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:
Bourne wrote:
snooky147 wrote:

Actually no mate, I get over these things pretty quickly but I have watched Judd on a good number of occasions so I am just saying it as it is. There are times when he hits the ball far far too hard, especially when he is not playing well.

thats the only real downside hes going to lose a hell of a lot of matches hitting balls that hard you have to be so acurate but looking back on some of the Alex Higgins shots on pro snooker blog today he gave them some welly.. his need to entertain outweighed the need to win we might have to accept judd might not have the success his talent deserved because of that.

Postby Witz78

i watched that montage of Alexs earlier too and tbh i dont think its primarily a need to entertain, its simply the inability to keep playing the sensible boring shots for too long, eventually the edgy side of him has to be unleashed with a mad wild hard shot. I know cos i play snooker and pool that way too and if theres a crowd watching they think im doing it for a laugh and to entertain them but its mainly cos im bored playing soft delicate routine shots.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I like it when events have their own website

i thought there was one i looked for it and came across the belgium one so thought i made a mistake...

someone on SSB Sugested naming all the PTC after players thats no longer with us.....not sure about that.

Postby sundaygirl

I think it would be nice if every PTC had a name not just a number, they would benefit from having unique identities. Even if they are simply named after their location it's an improvement, though this brings us back to the problem of too many in sheffield <laugh>

Postby Wildey

sundaygirl wrote:I think it would be nice if every PTC had a name not just a number, they would benefit from having unique identities. Even if they are simply named after their location it's an improvement, though this brings us back to the problem of too many in sheffield <laugh>

But You could play around a bit with names

The Boxed up Classic

The Sheffield not so international open

Claustrophobic Masters

No Air Con Trophy.

Postby mishcka

Wild wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:I think it would be nice if every PTC had a name not just a number, they would benefit from having unique identities. Even if they are simply named after their location it's an improvement, though this brings us back to the problem of too many in sheffield <laugh>

But You could play around a bit with names

The Boxed up Classic

The Sheffield not so international open

Claustrophobic Masters

No Air Con Trophy.

Brilliant :hatoff: rofl rofl rofl rofl

Postby Wildey

gaz147 wrote:James Welsh has withdrawn as he has dislocated his finger and can't grip his cue

thats what i like inside info from the treatment room of A&E :hatoff:

<laugh>

Postby GJ

John From London Town wrote:I'm back in Ireland now, turns out I could have played. Not that I would have played for long. :chuckle:

rofl <ok>