Topic locked

Re: P T C 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy)

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:What a player Robertson is. Six ranking titles and two PTCs, I think it's fair to say that he's playing himself into form and should be a serious contender again this season, and at the Crucible.

People never learn their lesson with Robertson. Never, ever, write him off.

nobody playing better than him consistantly at the moment he will be going in to the UK on a high although theres another 2 PTC Before that.

Selby is more consistent.

im a selby fan and believe me hes not .

I'm not a Selby fan and believe me he is.
You should take a look at the rankings.

Rankings takes in to account 2 years im talking about consistantly over the Last 4 or 5 Tournaments <doh>

yes over a 2 year period Selby has been more consistant but resently Robbo goes from Tournament to Tournament consistantly the only blip since Australian Open was PTC 7.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Wild wrote:Rankings takes in to account 2 years im talking about consistantly over the Last 4 or 5 Tournaments <doh>

yes over a 2 year period Selby has been more consistant but resently Robbo goes from Tournament to Tournament consistantly the only blip since Australian Open was PTC 7.

Selby also scored more points this season <doh>

But now you will probably say Robbo was more consistent in PTC 6 or PTC 8.

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:Rankings takes in to account 2 years im talking about consistantly over the Last 4 or 5 Tournaments <doh>

Selby also scored more points this season <doh>

But now you will probably say Robbo was more consistent in PTC 6 or PTC 8.

He won a major ffs of course he has more bloody points <doh>

and it puts this rubbish about PTC Carrying to much points to bed.

Postby vodkadiet

Sonny wrote:Selby blows hot and cold. Usually blowing hot against someone you think would give him a tough challenge and cold when it's against someone he should blow away in the next round.

How can Judd be evens to win a world title by 2020? I'll have some of that.

That was the price quoted after this year's world championships.

Postby Tubberlad

I reckon he'll win it within the next two years. Nothing is a given, Stephen Maguire fell away completely just when it looked like he was going to take the game by storm, but he's missed the boat big time. But Trump is a different class in my opinion.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:I reckon he'll win it within the next two years. Nothing is a given, Stephen Maguire fell away completely just when it looked like he was going to take the game by storm, but he's missed the boat big time. But Trump is a different class in my opinion.

There are more about now who can win it than when maguire was doing well , thne you only really had ronnie , higgins and williams as hendo was already over the hill

Now you have

Selby
Williams
Robbo
Ding
Higgins
Murphy
Ronnie ;-)

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:I reckon he'll win it within the next two years. Nothing is a given, Stephen Maguire fell away completely just when it looked like he was going to take the game by storm, but he's missed the boat big time. But Trump is a different class in my opinion.

yes i tend to agree with GJ.

he is in a pack of players capable but unfortunally in 2 years only 2 out of about 10 can win it leaving 8 of them gutted.

Postby vodkadiet

Wild wrote:

he is in a pack of players capable but unfortunally in 2 years only 2 out of about 10 can win it leaving 8 of them gutted.

John Higgins will be up to 6 world titles at the end of the 2013 Worlds, leaving 9 of them gutted. :-D

Postby Wildey

well thats the point if that happens maybe by 2014 theres another kid on the block that overtakes them all to a World title ...

Postby GJ

vodkadiet wrote:
Wild wrote:

John Higgins will be up to 6 world titles at the end of the 2013 Worlds, leaving 9 of them gutted. :-D

robbo will be on 3 by then

:win: :win: :win:

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Wild wrote:

Higgins on 6 AND Robbo on 3 ?

Is this a new Hearn initiative, the Worlds now gona be played 3 times a season :D

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Wild wrote:

Higgins on 6 AND Robbo on 3 ?

Is this a new Hearn initiative, the Worlds now gona be played 3 times a season :D

2 worlds a year :win: