Topic locked

Re: P T C 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy)

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:
Wild wrote:monique you get in close lol

Just a good tele lens Wild ;)

looks like ur in his face <laugh>

i know the feeling ;-)

Postby Wildey

Thursday 20th of October

Aprox 6.30pm

Jamie Walker 4-2 Josh Bolleau
Eden Sharav scr Robert Redmond w/o
Clinton Franey 4-0 Michael Mullen
Gary Wilson 4-1 Karl Fitzpatrick
Dessie Sheehan 3-4 Anthony Cronin
Jonathan Friel 0-4 Ryan Cronin
Robbie Williams 4-1 Allan Taylor
Douglas Hogan 3-4 Jordan Brown

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:thats crap that Eden and Shane couldnt afford to go over and play

yes thats where things needs to be looked at

Postby Wildey

Thursday 20th of October

Aprox 8pm

Les Dodd scr Mike Hallett w/0
Oliver Brown 4-1 Paul Ennis
Kieran McMahon 2-4 Nick Jennings
Sean O'Sullivan w/o Robert Murphy
Jak Jones scr Zhang Anda w/0
Nicky Ryan 1-4 J P Kelly
Sam Harvey 4-2 David Singh
Ryan Causton 2-4 Alex Davies

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:abit harsh thought robbo would get sat start

he should just be thankful he doesnt have a 9am start :chuckle:

<laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

I have just been informed by a member on here that Ronnie O'Sullivan had sent Wild an abusive tweet.

I cannot believe that a top sportsman would reduce himself to what O'Sullivan wrote. Further proof that the boy has absolutely no class whatsoever.

Postby Monique

Only Gary Wilkinson, Martin Clarke and me in the tournament office now.
Eirian Williams is giving the refs a briefing. Most refs have just arrived.
I must say that I don't think it's normal that today's competition was played without even a "roving" ref to help in case of problem. There was no one at all. Those amateurs pay their entry fees, they should be treated better.
Number of players who are no more playing ... are playing poker. There's a tournie organised each evening.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Only Gary Wilkinson, Martin Clarke and me in the tournament office now.
I must say that I don't think it's normal that today's competition was played without even a "roving" ref to help in case of problem. There was no one at all. Those amateurs pay their entry fees, they should be treated better.
Number of players who are no more playing ... are playing poker. There's a tournie organised each evening.

well i agree with that how stupid

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:
Monique wrote:Only Gary Wilkinson, Martin Clarke and me in the tournament office now.

well i agree with that how stupid

And again it's because those events don't get proper funding.

Postby Witz78

yeh the x number of amateurs playing today with their £100 entry fees added together more than covered the cost of a ref or 2.

if its below the likes of Verhass and Tabb to referee mere mortals playing then why not send young Leanne or some of the other aspiring refs there for work experience and a good apprenticeship

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

yeh the x number of amateurs playing today with their £100 entry fees added together more than covered the cost of a ref or 2.

if its below the likes of Verhass and Tabb to referee mere mortals playing then why not send young Leanne or some of the other aspiring refs there for work experience and a good apprenticeship

but thats also coming under funding

Postby Monique

Witz78 wrote:

Nothing to do with it being "beyond" anyone. Whoever you send, you have to pay them. It's costs cutting and not the type I agree with.

Postby Witz78

Monique wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

Nothing to do with it being "beyond" anyone. Whoever you send, you have to pay them. It's costs cutting and not the type I agree with.

if there cutting costs then why are there actually so many refs

just off the top of my head i can think of

Verhass
Tabb
Williamson
Collier
Williams
the Scottish one i shouted at in the Graduate
Moore
Humphries
Terry Calamari or whatever hes called
Ivy Zhu
her that got the abuse at power snooker
The Paul Heyman lookalike who does the PTCs

how many more refs do they need

Postby Monique

If you have 9 tables possibly playing in parallel you need 18 refs (they don't ref two matches on the trot). At least for the tv table you need a marker. Make that 20. And there is the one ref who supervises the whole thing, in this case Eirian. That's a bare minimum of 21.

Postby Tubberlad

vodkadiet wrote:I have just been informed by a member on here that Ronnie O'Sullivan had sent Wild an abusive tweet.

I cannot believe that a top sportsman would reduce himself to what O'Sullivan wrote. Further proof that the boy has absolutely no class whatsoever.

Shameful stuff :chuckle: