Topic locked

Re: P T C 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy)

Postby Wildey

Josh Bolleau 4-3 Patrick Wallace
Jonathan Birch 2-4 Robert Redmond
Clinton Franey 4-2 Martin O'Donnell

there are some players getting opertunities this week that nobody really knows much about but thoes are good results against seasoned players and its great to see these players having their chance where if it didnt come over to ireland they wouldnt have come over to sheffield or gloucster to give it a go.

Postby John From London Town

Wild wrote:Josh Bolleau 4-3 Patrick Wallace
Jonathan Birch 2-4 Robert Redmond
Clinton Franey 4-2 Martin O'Donnell

there are some players getting opertunities this week that nobody really knows much about but thoes are good results against seasoned players and its great to see these players having their chance where if it didnt come over to ireland they wouldnt have come over to sheffield or gloucster to give it a go.

Very true. All 3 of them boys can play.
Clinton is always asking me for down for a knock but I think he lives in Wicklow or something like that. I used to practice with Robert when I first moved over here 16/17 years ago & Josh is just a boy but has a wonderful talent & I sometimes wonder if he knows exactly how good he is.
Great to see them playing & winning!

Postby Wildey

Thursday 20th of October

Aprox 12.30pm

John Friel 2-4 Ryan Cronin
Anthony O'Connor 0-4 Allan Taylor
Sydney Wilson scr Douglas Hogan w/o
Jordan Brown 4-3 Chen Zhe
Mike Hallett w/o Najmur Khan
Paul Ennis w/o Paul Currie
Kieran McMahon 4-0 Robbie Walker
Nick Jennings w/o Frank Sarsfield
Robert Murphy w/o Tony Knowles
Martin Ball 1-4 Zhang Anda

Postby Wildey

jordan brown beats chen zhe 4-3 ..

the talent pool is massive so its brilliant that the tour is opening up to 128 players but wouldnt it be a idea also if they take anything from 16 up to 32 best amataurs in the PTC at the end of the season put them on to the main tour straight.

of course if they want other avenues to be on tour then say top 16 if theres players tied make it 17 or 18.

Postby Monique

Wild wrote:jordan brown beats chen zhe 4-3 ..

the talent pool is massive so its brilliant that the tour is opening up to 128 players but wouldnt it be a idea also if they take anything from 16 up to 32 best amataurs in the PTC at the end of the season put them on to the main tour straight.

of course if they want other avenues to be on tour then say top 16 if theres players tied make it 17 or 18.

What I wonder is how 128 players will be able to make a living out of it when there isn't enough money for 100. Unless the plan is to have the players to finance the game, but I doubt very much that this will work.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:

What I wonder is how 128 players will be able to make a living out of it when there isn't enough money for 100. Unless the plan is to have the players to finance the game, but I doubt very much that this will work.

yes theres obvious problems there it might be a idea to use the PTC Order of merit and higher up you are you get first refusal and if you cant play or afford to play next man down gets a call.

Postby Wildey

Zhang Anda beats martin ball 4-1 and gets a w/o in the next round due to jak jones withdrawll and plays Stephen Lee in the last 128 on Saturday at 9.30am.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 20th of October

Aprox 2pm

Nicky Ryan 4-2 Sean McMonagle
J P Kelly 4-2 Aiden O'Sullivan
David Singh 4-1 Derry O'Sullivan
Ryan Causton 4-1 Karl Busteed
Alex Davies 4-2 Matthew Day
Liam Monk scr Joe Delaney w/o
Greg Casey 2-4 Jamie O'Neill
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 3-4 Julian Logue

Postby Smart

John From London Town wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
John From London Town wrote:I'm back in Ireland now

christ, your ferry left on Friday afternoon, did it take a wrong turn on the way over? <laugh>

Hold on a minute Witz.
I met up with you, bought you a coffee, phoned you letting you know I would be in your area after me saying so on Twitter which you asked for. I put my right hand out to you say hello to you & since that meet, you've given me more stick this last week since we met than when I first met up with you? I can't remember agreeing to give you a free for all on me. Did we agree that? I seen you were a bit star struck with me when we met, God only knows why, but some good manners please Witz, just like I showed you fella.

rofl

Bit like when we met up with Joe Jogia at the Crucible ........................understandable I guess. rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:If PTC9 isnt named after Gaddafi im kicking up a stink and emailing Hearn

i think linking the name of a Dictator to a PTC is fitting somehow rofl

Postby Witz78

nah they want to have lots of places on offer at Q School to lure in lots more entries and £1000s

ive no doubt that therell be a wave of wildcards since having having 56 places to fill after the top 64 and top 8 PTC guys are decided will lead to plenty of scope to gift a few folk tourcards. Brecel and Filipak certs to be back on next year whatever they do this year

Postby Wildey

Thursday 20th of October

Aprox 3.30pm

Philip Arnold 4-1 Benny O'Brien
Jonathan Williams 4-3 Mitchell Travis
Stephen Byrne 2-4 Alex Taubman
Chris Hannigan 2-4 Brian Milne
Ben Harrison 4-0 Kevin O'Leary
Connell Doherty scr Stephen Craigie w/o
James Welsh scr Mitchell Mann w/o

Postby Wildey

1st Qualifying Round is Completed..

Thursday 20th of October

Aprox 5pm

Reanne Evans 3-4 Ashley Wright
Ian Burns 4-1
Alastair Wilson
John Torpey 4-2 Tom O'Driscoll
Michael Wasley 4-0 Ray Power
Philip Browne 4-3 Gerard McAuley
Keith Sheldrick 4-2 Colm Gilcreest
Derek O'Neill 0-4 John Sutton
Gareth Allen 4-1 Daniel Dempsey

Postby PLtheRef

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:If PTC9 isnt named after Gaddafi im kicking up a stink and emailing Hearn

i think linking the name of a Dictator to a PTC is fitting somehow rofl

Well Ronnie is saying that its blackmail so the next one is either Gaddafi or Hearn take your pick

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Is this Lucky kid actually a piss-take or what ? Does he exist or is he made up by World Snooker to cause a talking point every other week ?

he played PTC 7 sonny actually saw him play amazingly and he was impressed with him.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Is this Lucky kid actually a piss-take or what ? Does he exist or is he made up by World Snooker to cause a talking point every other week ?

he played PTC 7 sonny actually saw him play amazingly and he was impressed with him.

Yeh but he says that about anyone we've never seen lol :chuckle: