Topic locked

Re: PTC 7 (The Kay Suzanne Memorial Trophy) !!!!

Postby Witz78

whats with this mod nonsense

is it just me and Wild who have it on us

what have we done

everyone else seems to be posting

a joke tbh

if some people dont like my humour then up their jacksies

what was the comment or debate that caused Sonny to flip anyway, i cant even remember any arguments or anything that bad other than an eras debate but it was that Hendry fan and Muppet doing most of the posts

or is it the overspill from my Jimmy Javelin comments the last week, did Jimmys management tell Sonny to dish out punishment as revenge

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:
IMO - He is still behind Selby, Higgins, Williams and Ding. However he has improved from last season.

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

So you think there is actually an argument to be made that O'Sullivan is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world ?

Love it <laugh>

Well he DEFINITELY is the best player in the world this weekend.

I was the best player in the world for the one second last week that I potted the black ball <ok>

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:
Muppet147 wrote:O'Sullivan saved his best snooker for the final.

As VD said, it's a Mickey Mouse tournament. Wonder how he will do in the real tournaments.

IMO - He is still behind Selby, Higgins, Williams and Ding. However he has improved from last season.

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

So you think there is actually an argument to be made that O'Sullivan is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world ?

Love it <laugh>

Well he DEFINITELY is the best player in the world this weekend.

:chin:

So the World Champion is only the best player in the World until the next PTC comes about?

The PTC's are good at getting the players playing and sharp, but they are no sign of greatness. (Pinches won one).

The UK will soon separate the men from the boys = I'm putting my money on Selby.

Postby GJ

My comment isnt biased

robbo is one of the 2 most recent WC'S

and won another proper ranking event last season

all ronnie has won his tp events

robbo is ahead of ronnie at the moment

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:While I'm not suggesting whether that is's not a worthwhile talking point if discussed seriously, references towards the use of anti-depressants as a method of bashing a player and as a joke isn't going to be tolerated. All those who continue to do so will be given an official warning :hatoff:

Well done O'Sullivan and hard luck to Stevens, I'm a little disappointed he didn't win to be honest, but as an O'Sullivan fan I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Insults fly around on these boards left,right,and centre.

Very selective methinks.

Double standards.

The use of anti-depressants is a highly charged issue, but if you were to start a serious piece on it, I have no problem with you doing that, though I probably wouldn't get involved admittedly.

Rubbish. Far worse things are said on here.

Postby Bourne

GJ wrote:My comment isnt biased

Yeh but even Robbo hadn't won anything the last few years you'd still call him better than O'Sullivan :limp:

Postby Tubberlad

Robbo has done very little in major tournaments since the World Open. At that stage, he was definitely better that O'Sullivan. But since the season kicked off, O'Sullivan has been the best player in PTCs.

It's tight, and I think Robbo is returning to form, maybe it will be easier to judge after the UK...

Postby Casey

Bourne wrote:Yeh the UK will only be between about 5 or 6 players whereas about 50 different guys can win a PTC.

I don't want to knock the PTC's too much - I like them alot. For me they -

Give players the chance to play themselves into form
Earn extra cash
Provide ranking points
Fill in some live snooker gaps for the fans
Help develop snooker in new regions

No more - no less than that.

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:

Yeh but even Robbo hadn't won anything the last few years you'd still call him better than O'Sullivan :limp:

and i would be mocked if i said that

but i have facts :win: :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

Casey wrote:
Bourne wrote:Yeh the UK will only be between about 5 or 6 players whereas about 50 different guys can win a PTC.

Earn extra cash
Provide ranking points

Yeh for the top players it's mainly number one there, good match-practice, but it depends where a player is in the game as to how important they are. For fans, it's only really the 'die-hards' that value them highly, I doubt your average BBC snooker viewer knows anything about them.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:

So the World Champion is only the best player in the World until the next PTC comes about?

The PTC's are good at getting the players playing and sharp, but they are no sign of greatness. (Pinches won one).

The UK will soon separate the men from the boys = I'm putting my money on Selby.

The way Higgins is playing this season - he isn't the best player right now. The World Championship is also just a tournament. Why should a player who won a tournament half a year ago, OK the biggest and best, be the best player TODAY?

Snooker is a funny game. Unpredictable. It's a game of constant up and downs. Selby is right now the most consistent and Higgins has the most potential.

Just look at Robertson - won a PTC last week, 1-4 defeat in the first round this week.

All I know is that we know nothing.

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:

The way Higgins is playing this season - he isn't the best player right now. The World Championship is also just a tournament. Why should a player who won a tournament half a year ago, OK the biggest and best, be the best player TODAY?

Snooker is a funny game. Unpredictable. It's a game of constant up and downs. Selby is right now the most consistent and Higgins has the most potential.

Just look at Robertson - won a PTC last week, 1-4 defeat in the first round this week.

All I know is that we know nothing.

I think its better unpredictable, more potential winners is always a good thing.

Postby Roland

Tubberlad wrote:While I'm not suggesting whether that is's not a worthwhile talking point if discussed seriously, references towards the use of anti-depressants as a method of bashing a player and as a joke isn't going to be tolerated. All those who continue to do so will be given an official warning :hatoff:

Well done O'Sullivan and hard luck to Stevens, I'm a little disappointed he didn't win to be honest, but as an O'Sullivan fan I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Good lad. I removed the offending post.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:

Earn extra cash
Provide ranking points

Yeh for the top players it's mainly number one there, good match-practice, but it depends where a player is in the game as to how important they are. For fans, it's only really the 'die-hards' that value them highly, I doubt your average BBC snooker viewer knows anything about them.

The PTCs are decisive for the rankings. You could earn 27000 by winning them all. That's like winning the Worlds, the UK and the German Masters and the Welsh Open.

Judd Trump might not even be in the TOP 16 without them.

I criticised the PTCs last season. But it all changed since they decided to broadcast it. Now I can appreciate these events and enjoy them. They really became proper tournaments and minor ranking titles.

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:whats with this mod nonsense

what have we done

a joke tbh

what was the comment or debate that caused Sonny to flip anyway, i cant even remember any arguments or anything that bad other than an eras debate but it was that Hendry fan and Muppet doing most of the posts

or is it the overspill from my Jimmy Javelin comments the last week, did Jimmys management tell Sonny to dish out punishment as revenge

I'll copy you in on a message I'm sending to the "team"

Postby randam05

I love PTCS, ive got well into them. Cant get enough of them.

Love just having the scores or streaming up all day, or even better, watching it on telly when its on!

Love seeing new/old faces on show and love the idea of a snooker packed weekend with results flying in from everywhere and roll on roll of non stop snooker! LAV IT

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:

Earn extra cash
Provide ranking points

The PTCs are decisive for the rankings. You could earn 27000 by winning them all. That's like winning the Worlds, the UK and the German Masters and the Welsh Open.

I criticised the PTCs last season. But it all changed since they decided to broadcast it. Now I can appreciate these events and enjoy them. They really became proper tournaments and minor ranking titles.

Judd wouldn't be in the top 16 without them, that's a given, and I think it's obvious that last year they were absolutely critical for him going on to have the Spring run that he did because he'd gained a lot from winning the title in Germany and winning lots of matches.

But now for someone like him who's in the top 8, the stars are brighter on the other side of the sky.

Postby Casey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:

Earn extra cash
Provide ranking points

I still think only your top 8 results should count for the rankings. It would give the lowe ranked players a better chance, also meaning they don't have to enter all the events meaning less financial strain.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:
Casey wrote:

Earn extra cash
Provide ranking points

I still think only your top 8 results should count for the rankings. It would give the lowe ranked players a better chance, also meaning they don't have to enter all the events meaning less financial strain.

For the first time today, I AGREE
:shock:

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:whats with this mod nonsense

what have we done

a joke tbh

I have had comments removed because they were aimed at O'Sullivan's use of drugs.

Although it is of course at acceptable to make comments about death,torture,disfigurement,disability,you name it,it is all okay.

Just don't say a bad word against Rigsby. <ok>

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:I never said you couldn't make comments about O'Sullivan's drug use, just not to blatantly antagonise people <ok>

Antagonise. That's funny. That is all that seems to go on here.

If posters don't like what others have to say, then they can always join a forum that discusses Ginger Nut Biscuits.

Don't talk for me.

Postby Tubberlad

vodkadiet wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:I never said you couldn't make comments about O'Sullivan's drug use, just not to blatantly antagonise people <ok>

If posters don't like what others have to say, then they can always join a forum that discusses Ginger Nut Biscuits.

Don't talk for me.

No problem Frame :hatoff:

Postby Tubberlad

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Another fact to show the significance of the PTCs.

Ronnie only won 1 ranking match this season but is still the 5th highest ranked player in the 2011/12 season.

Which begs the question... is there too much emphasis on PTC's? Personally, I feel all the mainstream rankers should carry 7,000 ranking points, The UK about 9,000 and the World Championship 12,000

Postby Muppet147

vodkadiet wrote:

Don't talk for me.

Do you have the url for the biscuit forum?