Topic locked

Re: PTC 7 (The Kay Suzanne Memorial Trophy) !!!!

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:What's happening is you and smart told him I'd like to interview him and then set it up in front of me :redneck:

Truth is I've been a bit lazy with interviews recently, I've got loads of contacts but haven't chased them. I'll take whatever comes my way at SWSA so right now the intention is to get as many interviews as possible but I haven't a clue who. Pretty sure I'll get Mike Dunn because at the Pink Ribbon we were literally sitting down about to start and he was called away because he was on.

I think I'll be able to get Ben Woolaston through Matt, and I'm sure I'll get a couple of OnQ players through Janie and Sarah and if I see JJ I'll try and bag him. I've prepared as much as I can for on the fly interviews, but I think any big names with a career behind them I'll go for contact details and an interview when I've had time to prepare.

The thing as well is that at PTCs players are likely to be whisked off at any moment, and if they are going to play again within a couple of hours the last thing most will want to do is be interviewed. And then you've got the fact when people lose they tend to bugger off quickly to contend with so I'll get what I can get.

what about an interview with the 2010 WC

:win:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:
Sonny wrote:What's happening is you and smart told him I'd like to interview him and then set it up in front of me :redneck:

Truth is I've been a bit lazy with interviews recently, I've got loads of contacts but haven't chased them. I'll take whatever comes my way at SWSA so right now the intention is to get as many interviews as possible but I haven't a clue who. Pretty sure I'll get Mike Dunn because at the Pink Ribbon we were literally sitting down about to start and he was called away because he was on.

I think I'll be able to get Ben Woolaston through Matt, and I'm sure I'll get a couple of OnQ players through Janie and Sarah and if I see JJ I'll try and bag him. I've prepared as much as I can for on the fly interviews, but I think any big names with a career behind them I'll go for contact details and an interview when I've had time to prepare.

The thing as well is that at PTCs players are likely to be whisked off at any moment, and if they are going to play again within a couple of hours the last thing most will want to do is be interviewed. And then you've got the fact when people lose they tend to bugger off quickly to contend with so I'll get what I can get.

what about an interview with the 2010 WC

theres only one islander up to the job of that lol

Postby Roland

Wild wrote:mike dunn will be a good one and remember to touch on his association with the Walker regime.

Yeah as if I hadn't thought about that <laugh>

I can tell he's apprehensive because he said before the last one "You're not going to stitch me up are you?" so I'll tread carefully. I know he doesn't want to be a mouthpiece or a feather ruffler, but he's got his views on things so it's one I'll have to be tactful on.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:
Wild wrote:mike dunn will be a good one and remember to touch on his association with the Walker regime.

Yeah as if I hadn't thought about that <laugh>

I can tell he's apprehensive because he said before the last one "You're not going to stitch me up are you?" so I'll tread carefully. I know he doesn't want to be a mouthpiece or a feather ruffler, but he's got his views on things so it's one I'll have to be tactful on.

yes lets not go down the path of GJ interviewing David Cameron.

GJ "HI Mr Cameron"

DC "HI"

GJ "Your a runt"

rofl

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 5th of October

9am

Jordan Winbourne 4-3 Jamie Barrett
Geoff Williams 4-0 Hassan Khan
Shaun Wilkes 1-4 Christopher Norbury
David Bailey 3-4 Liam Monk
Douglas Hogan scr Sydney Wilson w/o
Les Dodd 3-4 John Sutton
Callum Lloyd 0-4 Patrick Wallace
Michael Leslie 2-4 Reanne Evans

Aprox 11am

Robert Tickner 0-4 Duane Jones
John Whitty 2-4 Jamie Rhys Clarke
Ashley Wright 4-3 Steve Ventham
Shane Castle 0-4 Mitchell Mann
Jamie Walker 2-4 Alex Taubman
Lewis Mayers scr Danny Brindle w/o
Ricky Norris 2-4 Oliver Brown
Martin O'Donnell 4-2 Ross Summers

Aprox 1pm

Jonathan Birch scr Michael Wasley w/0
James Buck 3-4 Adam Bobat
David Gray 4-2 Del Smith
Ryan Causton 4-1 Lee Page
Joe Delaney 4-0 Christopher Keogan
Marc Harman 1-4 Zak Surety
Jamie O'Neill 4-1 Joel Walker
Kyren Wilson 4-2 Chen Zhe

Postby Wildey

Now its almost 3pm and the Snooker Island Big Match will be starting Soon...is snooker island chief reporter there yet ?

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 5th of October

Aprox 3pm

Ian Glover 4-1 Bash Maqsood
James Hill v James Cahill
Marek Slomianowski 0-4 Gareth Allen
Ian Stark v Martin Ball
Mike Finn v Phil O'Kane
George Marter 0-4 Nick Jennings
Darren Bond 4-2 George Pragnall
Ben Harrison 2-2 Stephen Craigie

Aprox 5pm

Greg Batten v Richard King
Tony Knowles v James McGouran
Marc Davis v David Birley
Michael Wild v Najmur Khan
Jonathan Fulcher v Billy Castle
Tom Maxfield v Ross Jones
Thomas Emes v Zhang Anda
Andrew Milliard v Sean O'Sullivan

Aprox 7pm

Justin Astley v John Woods
Allan Taylor v Kishan Hirani
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon v Terry Challenger
Dale Pope v Matthew Day
Lim Kiat v Kashif Khan
Ian Burns v Mitchell Travis
Sam Harvey v Hans Blanckaert
Brent Kolbeck scr James Welsh w/o

Aprox 9pm

Michael Judge v Gary Weeks
Brian Morgan v Rees Carter
Jake Nicholson v Lee Farebrother
Adam Nash v Tommy Ang
James Brown v Nikolas Charalambous

Postby randam05

Quite a few players names I recognise there from the tournament I entered a while back. Plus Jamie Clarke who knocked me out! He beat John Witty 4-2.. so yeah I didnt stand much chance there as Witty is a great player!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 5th of October

Aprox 3pm

Ian Glover 4-1 Bash Maqsood
James Hill 3-4 James Cahill
Marek Slomianowski 0-4 Gareth Allen
Ian Stark 1-4 Martin Ball
Mike Finn 4-3 Phil O'Kane
George Marter 0-4 Nick Jennings
Darren Bond 4-2 George Pragnall
Ben Harrison 4-3 Stephen Craigie

Postby Steve K

Will be at the Academy from tomorrow evening. Come say hello if your there! Be interesting to see the levels of crowd attendance for this event as its over a weekend. Had quite a few in for the matches with the big names and on the final day.

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison 3-3 Stephen Craigie

this is like Steve Davis v Alex Higgins a few generations later and a level down

After a few Heavy Defeats can the Contriversial Ben Harrison take out Craigie at long last.

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison Beats Stephen Craigie 4-3

snookerisland Snooker Island
What a dish from Ben! 77 in the decider when there was hardly anything on when he came to the table. 4-3 win over Craigie

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 5th of October

Aprox 5pm

Greg Batten w/o Richard King
Tony Knowles 1-4 James McGouran
Marc Davis w/o David Birley
Michael Wild 4-0 Najmur Khan
Jonathan Fulcher 1-4 Billy Castle
Tom Maxfield 4-0 Ross Jones
Thomas Emes 1-4 Zhang Anda
Andrew Milliard 2-4 Sean O'Sullivan

Postby Roland

Ben just popped into the media centre, he's well happy. He's got another qualifier at 12pm tomorrow with the winner to face Luca Brecel in round 1.

How the match went:

First frame Ben built up a lead and hung on, in the end Craigie needed about 5 snookers. I thought frame over and then I saw how good this Craigie is - instead of conceding he proceeded to lay some really tough snooker and made Ben work for the win. He was so natural at spotting the right shot, hardly any thinking time and then bang, Ben snookered.

Second frame was a strange one because Ben had so much run of the ball, getting away with bad shots and in the end he lost the frame which shows you that you have to make the luck count otherwise it's meaningless.

Third and fourth frames were shared (can't remember details) then Craigie got in and made 40 odd, Ben left a red over the pocket when playing safe and that was frame over and 3-2.

Fifth frame both players were trying to snooker each other behind baulk colours all bunched close to the yellow pocket. It seemed Ben kept leaving a gap and Stephen kept snookering - all by the finest of margins. In the end Ben did get the snooker and made a telling break to leave Stephen needing a couple of snookers. He missed a black which would've sealed it and left in in the jaws. Craigie snookered Ben on the last red, he played it slow off one cushion and wouldn't you know the white deflected off the red and potted the black. Fortunately it didn't cost him and he forced a decider.

In the decider Craigie broke off and left a long straight red to corner - the red was centre table. Ben went for the red, just missed and the white went down. It was one of those shots where if you pot the red the white doesn't go in. The red came up the table and landed close to the D with ball in hand. Craigie potted a couple of reds and ran out of position and played safe, leaving Ben tight behind the green. He played the one cushion escape into the pack, left it just short twice, just clipped the pink the 3rd time, then played it a bit harder, appeared to play a good shot but he left one red which Craigie potted and landed perfect on the black. He potted a few more, the lead went to 32 and he didn't get quite right on the pink. After about 4 minutes thinking time he put the blue safe on the side cushion and left the white in baulk, much to the annoyance of Tony Drago who was watching on. Tony was proved right as Ben got in and proceeded to make a top quality 77 break to take frame and match.

There's a no tweeting in the booths policy here at the moment and I didn't have the wifi password until just now hence sporadic tweets but I'll do my best from now on although there's so much going on, tweeting live scores isn't top of the agenda right now.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:
GJ wrote:whens last weeks winner playing ?

playing anthony hamilton 9am on Friday.

<ok>

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:thought u didnt care about these events GJ :D

their still tp events

:hatoff:

but any wins boost robbos confidence for the majors :ahh:

Postby Witz78

GJ wrote:

their still tp events

Ah so its all about the Majors now, not even normal rankers :emb:

Ding 3
Selby 2
Robbo 1

:chuckle:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:

their still tp events

Ah so its all about the Majors now, not even normal rankers :emb:

Ding 3
Selby 2
Robbo 1

:chuckle:

world titles

for each please witz

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:GOOD WIN and a monkey off his back after the 0-4 reverse

was Tony annoyed at him playing safe or him taking 4 minutes for the shot OR BOTH haha

Just about knocking the blue safe with only a 32 point lead. It was great listening to Drago with his commentators eye. At one point Ben played a safety and dogged it, a red coming back up the table with the white. Before the balls had even passed the blue Drago said "It's alright, the yellow will cover it" and wouldn't you know the red and white landed either side of the yellow. He saw it so early, I would've needed another few seconds before confidently predicting.

Michael Judge is a no show