Topic locked

Re: PTC 7 (The Kay Suzanne Memorial Trophy) !!!!

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
randam05 wrote:What a classy clearance of 127 from Stevens. Never seen a clearance from him i dont think.. hehe

Prior to 2006, Stevens was an immense player, take my word for it. His temperament was awful though and it has remained that way.

he was a break building machine

Postby hendry_fan

DON,T BOTTLE THIS RONNIE!,the first time i,ve ever wanted u to win and u let me down!.;-) <laugh>

:-( come on Ronnie,finish the job!!!,one bottler is enough,(M Stevens)! :-)

Postby randam05

Great win from Ronnie there, he didnt play super, but he kept his head straight throughout the tournament, playing good safety and match play snooker. Plenty of frame winning breaks. Well done Ronnie!

Postby Tubberlad

While I'm not suggesting whether that is's not a worthwhile talking point if discussed seriously, references towards the use of anti-depressants as a method of bashing a player and as a joke isn't going to be tolerated. All those who continue to do so will be given an official warning :hatoff:

Well done O'Sullivan and hard luck to Stevens, I'm a little disappointed he didn't win to be honest, but as an O'Sullivan fan I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Postby Casey

Muppet147 wrote:O'Sullivan saved his best snooker for the final.

As VD said, it's a Mickey Mouse tournament. Wonder how he will do in the real tournaments.

IMO - He is still behind Selby, Higgins, Williams and Ding. However he has improved from last season.

Postby hendry_fan

*Ronnie O'Sullivan* 4 Matthew Stevens 2

:clap:Well done Ronnie,he played the best snooker throughout this PTC and deserved to win!. :clap:

:fart: UP YOURS GJ!!!!,your Stevens bar his *127* in frame 5 was very WEEEEEEEAK indeed mate!!!!. :fart:

:happy: :chuckle: <laugh>

Nice evening all,till the next tourney ;-)

Postby Tubberlad

Casey wrote:

As VD said, it's a Mickey Mouse tournament. Wonder how he will do in the real tournaments.

IMO - He is still behind Selby, Higgins, Williams and Ding. However he has improved from last season.

He's been the best player so far this season, but it's far too PTC based, so I agree with you. I would love to see him play some proper snooker at one of the bigger events, I still think he's good enough.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:So After his Success Last Week Can Neil Robertson Follow that up with another PTC this week ?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ive a sneaky feeling Ronnie will win this, think hell take one look at the prov rankings like he did at start of the 1st window before PTC1 and think "donkey doo, id better actually get my finger out here and try"

:hatoff:

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Casey wrote:

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Bourne wrote:Duno I think even now there's still more than enough to suggest an O'Sullivan at his best is still the toughest test in this sport. How frequent those days are is obviously the sticking point and I disagree with Witz, I can't see it coming here.

:chin:

Bourne :win:

Postby GJ

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

robbo is ahead of him

Postby Bourne

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

So you think there is actually an argument to be made that O'Sullivan is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world ?

Love it <laugh>

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:While I'm not suggesting whether that is's not a worthwhile talking point if discussed seriously, references towards the use of anti-depressants as a method of bashing a player and as a joke isn't going to be tolerated. All those who continue to do so will be given an official warning :hatoff:

Well done O'Sullivan and hard luck to Stevens, I'm a little disappointed he didn't win to be honest, but as an O'Sullivan fan I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Insults fly around on these boards left,right,and centre.

Very selective methinks.

Double standards.

Postby Andre147

Well done Ronnie for this win at the Players Tour Championship Event 7 :D :happy: :hatoff:
He played great, making some decent breaks, and I think the less formal dress code certainly helped on his win, his head was right the whole tournament, and when he´s like that he sure is a tough opponent for anybody in the game.
He is definitely playing better than that crap of last season >-( :-) , and also more interested.
So let´s see how he goes in the real events, next up the Uk champs.. He will not be among the favouvites for sure, but certainly he can do better than he did last season, those are the ones that realy matter the most :-)

Postby Tubberlad

GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

robbo is ahead of him

I don't think he is. He's behind the four mentioned above and Trump.

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:
GJ wrote:So After his Success Last Week Can Neil Robertson Follow that up with another PTC this week ?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

ive a sneaky feeling Ronnie will win this, think hell take one look at the prov rankings like he did at start of the 1st window before PTC1 and think "rubbish, id better actually get my finger out here and try"

:hatoff:

Postby Casey

Tubberlad wrote:
Casey wrote:

He's been the best player so far this season, but it's far too PTC based, so I agree with you. I would love to see him play some proper snooker at one of the bigger events, I still think he's good enough.

Has Williams not been the best player this year? He clearly doesn't give an F about the PTC's but in the big tournaments he has been top draw and really should have two ranking finals under his belt already.

I also get the feeling Higgins is saving himself for the big ones - his form has been poor but we will see at the UK I guess.

Postby GJ

Tubberlad wrote:
GJ wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

robbo is ahead of him

I don't think he is. He's behind the four mentioned above and Trump.

<doh>

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Bourne wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Casey wrote:

Higgins - yes.
Selby - probably.
Ding - maybe.
Williams - no.

So you think there is actually an argument to be made that O'Sullivan is the 2nd or 3rd best player in the world ?

Love it <laugh>

Well he DEFINITELY is the best player in the world this weekend.

Postby Tubberlad

vodkadiet wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:While I'm not suggesting whether that is's not a worthwhile talking point if discussed seriously, references towards the use of anti-depressants as a method of bashing a player and as a joke isn't going to be tolerated. All those who continue to do so will be given an official warning :hatoff:

Insults fly around on these boards left,right,and centre.

Very selective methinks.

Double standards.

The use of anti-depressants is a highly charged issue, but if you were to start a serious piece on it, I have no problem with you doing that, though I probably wouldn't get involved admittedly.