Topic locked

Re: PTC 7 (The Kay Suzanne Memorial Trophy) !!!!

Postby Wildey

Wednesday 5th of October

Aprox 7pm

Justin Astley 4-0 John Woods
Allan Taylor 4-3 Kishan Hirani
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon 4-2 Terry Challenger
Dale Pope 0-4 Matthew Day
Lim Kiat 4-0 Kashif Khan
Ian Burns 4-0 Mitchell Travis
Sam Harvey 4-0 Hans Blanckaert
Brent Kolbeck scr James Welsh w/o

Aprox 9pm

Michael Judge scr Gary Weeks w/o
Brian Morgan 4-1 Rees Carter
Jake Nicholson 4-1 Lee Farebrother
Adam Nash 2-4 Tommy Ang
James Brown 4-1 Nikolas Charalambous

Postby Wildey

Reanne Evans has got a tough match tomorrow against Patrick Wallace a player although hes not on tour is Ranked inside the top 100 at 98 .

Ben Harrison got a Meeting With Brecel,Luca Brecel if he can get past Darren Bond.

and possibly the Pick of the round is Allan Taylor v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon at about 2pm

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Reanne Evans has got a tough match tomorrow against Patrick Wallace a player although hes not on tour is Ranked inside the top 100 at 98 .

Ben Harrison got a Meeting With Brecel,Luca Brecel if he can get past Darren Bond

and possibly the Pick of the round is Allan Taylor v Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon at about 2pm

<laugh>

Surely should have been Bond, Darren Bond :shrug:

TT to destroy SB's bumboy :limp:

Does that mean Reanne also still has a ranking :shrug:

Postby randam05

Ive said it on twitter, but thought id bang it on here too.

James McGouran is hilarious. Such a slow average player, but when he gets down to his shot, its literally like lightning! Me and Jade had the giggles when he was playing on the table next to which we were viewing. Everytime he got down me and her started laughing. It got to the point where my belly hurt and couldnt hold it in any more. God knows what Hamilton thought of us! As youre so close to the players. I had to move along so I couldnt see Mcgouran anymore.

Seriously Sonny, if you get the chance, watch him! Then think of what ive said. I gurantee youll laugh. No disrespect to him cause we all have our own ways, but ive never seen anything like it.

Hope Sonny can video it for the island!

And ill be there saturday.

Postby weewelshwitch

Good first day's play, greatly helped by finished a full three hours before they did in the last event at Sheffield!

Just one century today for you stattos - 121 by Chen Zhe, although he lost 4-2 to Kyren Wilson.

Sonny is all wi-fi'd up so no excuses - wi fi in the venue and in the Dominic Dale suite - where's he's sleeping the next few nights!

If you have a favourite On-Q player you'd like to see interview by Sonny, post here and Sarah and I will see what we can do to arrange.

Or a Q&A with any of them.

Postby Wildey

jimmy was the obvious choice but over the years hes been interviewed a fair amount so i agree with Wits (shock horror :shock: ) drago is the one

Postby Steve K

Sonny wrote:Ben just popped into the media centre, he's well happy. He's got another qualifier at 12pm tomorrow with the winner to face Luca Brecel in round 1.

How the match went:

First frame Ben built up a lead and hung on, in the end Craigie needed about 5 snookers. I thought frame over and then I saw how good this Craigie is - instead of conceding he proceeded to lay some really tough snooker and made Ben work for the win. He was so natural at spotting the right shot, hardly any thinking time and then bang, Ben snookered.

Second frame was a strange one because Ben had so much run of the ball, getting away with bad shots and in the end he lost the frame which shows you that you have to make the luck count otherwise it's meaningless.

Third and fourth frames were shared (can't remember details) then Craigie got in and made 40 odd, Ben left a red over the pocket when playing safe and that was frame over and 3-2.

Fifth frame both players were trying to snooker each other behind baulk colours all bunched close to the yellow pocket. It seemed Ben kept leaving a gap and Stephen kept snookering - all by the finest of margins. In the end Ben did get the snooker and made a telling break to leave Stephen needing a couple of snookers. He missed a black which would've sealed it and left in in the jaws. Craigie snookered Ben on the last red, he played it slow off one cushion and wouldn't you know the white deflected off the red and potted the black. Fortunately it didn't cost him and he forced a decider.

In the decider Craigie broke off and left a long straight red to corner - the red was centre table. Ben went for the red, just missed and the white went down. It was one of those shots where if you pot the red the white doesn't go in. The red came up the table and landed close to the D with ball in hand. Craigie potted a couple of reds and ran out of position and played safe, leaving Ben tight behind the green. He played the one cushion escape into the pack, left it just short twice, just clipped the pink the 3rd time, then played it a bit harder, appeared to play a good shot but he left one red which Craigie potted and landed perfect on the black. He potted a few more, the lead went to 32 and he didn't get quite right on the pink. After about 4 minutes thinking time he put the blue safe on the side cushion and left the white in baulk, much to the annoyance of Tony Drago who was watching on. Tony was proved right as Ben got in and proceeded to make a top quality 77 break to take frame and match.

There's a no tweeting in the booths policy here at the moment and I didn't have the wifi password until just now hence sporadic tweets but I'll do my best from now on although there's so much going on, tweeting live scores isn't top of the agenda right now.

Great report, nice to hear that Tony was enjoying the match also. He's a great character, shame because of the swearing they probably wouldn't let him commentate for the BBC/Eurosport lol.

So no tweeting at all from any of the tables? Not even the ones not televised? Shame.

Postby Roland

I'm not here to tweet but the rule is no tweeting by the tableside. I've got World Snooker following me anyway so if i tried to sneak it I'd get caught out! Photos are allowed though although Janie was stumped when I asked her if my phone counts as a camera.

Right, better get out of bed and down to the SWSA

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:I'm not here to tweet but the rule is no tweeting by the tableside. I've got World Snooker following me anyway so if i tried to sneak it I'd get caught out! Photos are allowed though although Janie was stumped when I asked her if my phone counts as a camera.

Right, better get out of bed and down to the SWSA

haha yes lets look for loop holes <laugh>

Postby Wildey

Thursday 6th of October

10am

Saqib Nasir 2-4 Jordan Winbourne
Geoff Williams 1-4 Christopher Norbury
Sydney Wilson 0-4 John Sutton
Patrick Wallace 4-2 Reanne Evans
Jamie Rhys Clarke 2-4 Ashley Wright
Alex Taubman 4-2 Danny Brindle
Oliver Brown 0-4 Martin O'Donnell
Adam Bobat 2-4 David Gray
Joe Delaney 4-0 Zak Surety

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:Wednesday 5th of October

Lim Kiat 4-0 Kashif Khan

Adam Nash 2-4 Tommy Ang

Nice to see these two from Singapore winning their first matches, do you know anything about them? Wonder if they're UK based or visiting just for this.

Postby Wildey

roy142857 wrote:

Lim Kiat 4-0 Kashif Khan

Adam Nash 2-4 Tommy Ang

Nice to see these two from Singapore winning their first matches, do you know anything about them? Wonder if they're UK based or visiting just for this.

not a clue lol

im sure sonny might find out.

Postby roy142857

Wild wrote:
roy142857 wrote:

Lim Kiat 4-0 Kashif Khan

Adam Nash 2-4 Tommy Ang

not a clue lol

im sure sonny might find out.

Would be an interesting interview to know a bit about the snooker scene in Singapore, could it even be a future venue for a PTC event ... hope we see some more players coming over for PTC events from various places, guess sponsorship might be needed or the costs might be beyond the reach of a lot of players (perhaps Sonny could ask them how much this has cost them or if they had federation sponsorship or something).

... wonder if these two will be in the IBSF World Championships?

Postby roy142857

Witz78 wrote:the name Tommy Ang rings a bell i must admit, im sure hes been around before

Yes, did with me - which makes it doubly annoying not knowing why ... think the full name is Tommy Ang Boon Chin

(fairly typical in Singapore that the family name is second, with a 'Western' name before it, then followed by the personal Chinese name)

quick edit - Ang Boon Chin reached the last 16 at the IBSF World Championships in 2009 - pretty sure this is the same player

and one more edit - a bit of research, and found that Singapore's representative in this years Asian Championship was Lim Chun Kiat - aka Marvin Lim Chun Kiat - he's got a Facebook page - http://www.facebook.com/people/Marvin-L ... 0583075685
Last edited by roy142857 on 06 Oct 2011, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Wildey

Thursday 6th of October

Aprox 12pm

Jamie O'Neill 3-4 Kyren Wilson
Gareth Allen 4-0 Martin Ball
Mike Finn 0-4 Nick Jennings
Darren Bond 3-4 Ben Harrison
James McGouran 4-1 Marc Davis
Michael Wild 0-4 Billy Castle
Tom Maxfield 2-4 Zhang Anda
Sean O'Sullivan 1-4 Justin Astley

Postby randam05

Sonny wrote:Ok randam I'll keep an eye out and see you Saturday. Are you bringing Jade along too?

Yeah I will look out for you also. I shall be with Jade, Dad and older brother. Who is hoping to catch an interview with a few of the Leicster players as he has recentley finished Uni and straight away got a big job with the Leicester Mercury and within a coule of months has already interviewed Gok Wan, James Tanner and Gary Lineker! So if he could manage to get an interview with selby or woolaston, ford etc he would appreciate it. I suppose I can seak to Sarah or Janie on sat morning.

I see McGouran got another win! Not get a chance to catch him Sonny?

Postby Wildey

Thursday 6th of October

Aprox 2pm

Ali Bassiri 0-4 Liam Monk
Robbie Williams 1-4 Duane Jones
David Singh 1-4 Mitchell Mann
Allan Taylor 4-3 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Matthew Day 4-3 Lim Kiat
Sam Harvey 4-1 James Welsh
Gary Weeks 1-4 Brian Morgan
Tommy Ang 3-4 James Brown

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Thursday 6th of October

Aprox 2pm

Ali Bassiri 0-4 Liam Monk
Robbie Williams 1-4 Duane Jones
David Singh 1-4 Mitchell Mann
Allan Taylor 4-3 Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon
Matthew Day 4-3 Lim Kiat
Sam Harvey 4-1 James Welsh
Gary Weeks 1-4 Brian Morgan
Tommy Ang 3-4 James Brown

Aprox 4pm

Alex Davies 2-4 Michael Wasley
Gary Wilson 4-3 Ryan Causton
Sachin Piaha 0-4 Ian Glover
Ryan Thomerson 4-1 James Cahill
Jak Jones v Greg Batten
Oliver Lines v Ian Burns
Eden Sharav 4-1 Jake Nicholson

EDEN :hatoff: :ahh: <cool>

Postby Wildey

Thursday 6th of October

Aprox 4pm

Alex Davies 2-4 Michael Wasley
Gary Wilson 4-3 Ryan Causton
Sachin Plaha 0-4 Ian Glover
Ryan Thomerson 4-1 James Cahill
Jak Jones 4-1 Greg Batten
Oliver Lines 2-4 Ian Burns
Eden Sharav 4-1 Jake Nicholson

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:Friday 7th of October

9am

Mark King v Ian McCulloch
Anthony Mcgill v Patrick Wallace
Jamie Burnett v Duane Jones
Ryan Day v Daniel Wells
Dominic Dale v Kacper Filipiak
Neil Robertson v Anthony Hamilton streaming Guess
Andrew Higginson v Marco Fu streaming Guess
Tony Drago v Scott Mackenzie WOULDNT RULE OUT THE STREAMING FAVE DRAGO GETTIN THE NOD

Aprox 11am

Stephen Maguire v Liam Monk streaming Guess
Barry Hawkins v Stuart Carrington
David Morris v Liu Song - LIU SONG
John Higgins v John Sutton streaming Guess
Marcus Campbell v Liu Song - LIU SONG PLAYING TWICE :no:
Stuart Bingham v Barry Pinches - POTENTITAL STREAMING?
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Ashley Wright
Rory McLeod v Mitchell Mann

Aprox 1pm

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jordan Winbourne streaming Guess
Xiao Guodong v Aditya Mehta - THIS COULD APPEAL TO THE EASTERN MARKET
Craig Steadman v Christopher Norbury
Martin Gould v Rod Lawler
Matthew Selt v Jack Lisowski streaming Guess
Michael Holt v Mark Williams
Ben Woollaston v Kyren Wilson
Joe Jogia v Tian Pengfei

Aprox 3pm