Topic locked

Re: PTC 6 (Poland) !!!

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
GJ wrote:
Bourne wrote:Disgraceful attitude towards the sport from Selby to skip this event :td:

shocking from selby :grrr:

I notice wild brushes this under the carpet but blows his top when they all missed the event of the year in Brazil :chuckle:

spot on

Im disappointed in wild i must say :sad: :baby:

Re: PTC 6 (The Warsaw Classic) !!!

Postby Wildey

Not Brushing anything under the carpet but selby has done his bit hes decided to take a little break however it is ultra disappointing that so many players has given this a miss.

they should step up to the Mark some of the players missing has hardly played this season so tierdness and needing a break don't even come close to it.

Take John Higgins hes hardly played a match before PTC 5 and well Hendry been on bloody vacation he should be there.

Postby GJ

Sonny wrote:Any criticism of Selby missing Poland is 100% wumming

i will remeber this when wild moans about other players

the it will be clear double standards from wildy :gag: :shock:

Postby hendry_fan

Wild wrote:Not Brushing anything under the carpet but selby has done his bit hes decided to take a little break however it is ultra disappointing that so many players has given this a miss.

they should step up to the Mark some of the players missing has hardly played this season so tierdness and needing a break don't even come close to it.

Take John Higgins hes hardly played a match before PTC 5 and well Hendry been on bloody vacation he should be there.

"Take John Higgins hes hardly played a match before PTC 5 and well Hendry been on bloody vacation he should be there."

Aye Wild,I was shocked to see that a string of top players are,nt takin part in this PTC 6!,including Hendry,what the hells he playin at ffs!!!!,i was lookin at the draw and i could,nt see his name anywhere,i thought for a minute they.d forgotten to type it!. :mood: :sad:

Postby Wildey

GJ wrote:

i will remeber this when wild moans about other players

the it will be clear double standards from wildy :gag: :shock:

its not double standards Selby has played in everything since june and won 3 events

Selby has played 31 single matches this season plus the World Cup in 3 months

of course they need a break at some point its a tad unfortunate most chose the same event.

Matt has made a good point last night where he said if there was 8 best results out of 12 events most would miss the same events.

Postby Bourne

Why's he missing it then, have I missed something ? :dizzy:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:

he said before the season started he would be missing some PTC it just highlights a problem others thinking the same with the same events.

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

he said before the season started he would be missing some PTC it just highlights a problem others thinking the same with the same events.

So it was pre-meditated PTC hatahship <doh> :grrr: Even worse :no:

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:
Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:

So it was pre-meditated PTC hatahship <doh> :grrr: Even worse :no:

you want a slap :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Thursday 29th of September

10.30am BST

Hans Blanckaert v Ryan Causton
Brent Kolbeck v Mitchell Travis
Sydney Wilson v Oliver Brown

Aprox 12pm BST

Rafal Gorecki v Kamil Zubrzycki
Aleksander Zok v Vladyslav Vyshnevskyy
Najmur Khan v Krzysztof Wrobel
Piotr Wardowski v Martin O'Donnell
Karol Lelek v Piotr Murat
Sean O'Sullivan v Marcin Nitschke
Mateusz Baranowski v Jaroslaw Kowalski
Krzysztof Kubicki v Robert Zablocki

Aprox 1.30pm BST

Jacek Konarski v Hans Blanckaert/Ryan Causton
Vitaliy Ivaniv v Brent Kolbeck/Mitchell Travis
Michal Zielinski v Chen Zhe
Pawel Kasprzycki v Ashley Wright
Tomasz Skalski v Damian Matysiak
Tomasz Gieraltowski v David Singh
Alex Toubman v Daniel Derezinski

Aprox 3pm BST

Power Rogoza v Meciej Reilich
Kevin Dabrowski v Krzysztof Gorniak
Tomaz Melecki v Michael Ebert
Thanawat Tirapongpaiboon v Essaram Saadeh
Tetyana Volvelska v Adrian Materek
Michael Wasley v Sydney Wilson/Oliver Brown
Michal Matuszczyk v Alex Davies
Bartlomiej Orzechowski v Adam Polak

Aprox 4.30pm

Allan Taylor w/o Jonathen Birch
Marek Slomianowski v Phan Quoc Binh
Karol Szuba-Jablonski v Michal Lyjak
Liam Monk v Ian Burns
Ben Harrison v Reanne Evans
Shane Castle v Wojciech Bojewski
Mark Owens v Wiktor Doberschuetz
Adam Stepanow v Christopher Norbury
Phil O'Kane v Marcin Jewtuch

Postby mediter

I love this new snooker era. So many tournaments, so many matches. It´s just playing the game, just playing snooker.

There´s really no such thing as big 4 anymore. Like Hendry said that in the 90´s he could take granted that he was always going to be in semis at least. Now every player will get beat weak in weak out, it just about playing the game. O´Sullivan recently said that he is enjoying it currently but doesn´t expect to be top again.

Obviously, World Championship is still huge because long format. Top players probably fancies to win it even more now than before.

Great times I would dare to say. You can watch PTC matches, streaming or Youtube.

:-D :-D

Postby Wildey

mediter wrote:I love this new snooker era. So many tournaments, so many matches. It´s just playing the game, just playing snooker.

There´s really no such thing as big 4 anymore. Like Hendry said that in the 90´s he could take granted that he was always going to be in semis at least. Now every player will get beat weak in weak out, it just about playing the game. O´Sullivan recently said that he is enjoying it currently but doesn´t expect to be top again.

Obviously, World Championship is still huge because long format. Top players probably fancies to win it even more now than before.

Great times I would dare to say. You can watch PTC matches, streaming or Youtube.

thats not strictly true Mark Williams cant stop reaching finals ok he loses in them.....and john higgins winning majors like they going out of fasion.

there are definitly a top 4 but maybe thats top 6 at the moment with the 4th place player lacking a bit

rankings aside i make the top 6 like this

Higgins
Selby
Williams
Ding
Robbo
Murphy

Postby gallantrabbit

Not a criticism of Selby cos he's a top man and one of the few to make it out here, but in an ideal world he'd have pulled out of Sheffield last week and gone to Poland.
Why ain't Jimmy going though? And Higgins...should be grateful for any opportunity to play the game for the next ten years...and certainly be promoting the game where he once tried to himself. Short memories...

Postby Tubberlad

gallantrabbit wrote:Not a criticism of Selby cos he's a top man and one of the few to make it out here, but in an ideal world he'd have pulled out of Sheffield last week and gone to Poland.
Why ain't Jimmy going though? And Higgins...should be grateful for any opportunity to play the game for the next ten years...and certainly be promoting the game where he once tried to himself. Short memories...

I was actually thinking about that, Higgins was promoting the game and bigging up these European countries a few years back, and hasn't gone to this one? I don't want to sound hypercritical of the man, but it's an odd one.

Disappointing list really, though I don't think Selby should be criticised, that guy and Murphy have put in a terrific effort.

Postby Smart

Wild wrote:
mediter wrote:I love this new snooker era. So many tournaments, so many matches. It´s just playing the game, just playing snooker.

thats not strictly true Mark Williams cant stop reaching finals ok he loses in them.....and john higgins winning majors like they going out of fasion.

there are definitly a top 4 but maybe thats top 6 at the moment with the 4th place player lacking a bit

Higgins
Selby
Williams
Ding
Robbo
Murphy

weak era :gag:

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Not a criticism of Selby cos he's a top man and one of the few to make it out here, but in an ideal world he'd have pulled out of Sheffield last week and gone to Poland.

i think the absentees this week highlights a problem if they would take best say 6 events out of 12 towards rankings etc.

most will miss the same events.

regarding selby hes done the air miles Leicester>Wuxi>Thailand>Australia>Leicester>Germany>Leicester>Shanghai>Brazil>Leicester in 3 Months i think he was Due not getting on another Airoplane this week.

Postby GJ

Smart wrote:
Wild wrote:

Higgins
Selby
Williams
Ding
Robbo
Murphy

weak era :gag:

if its so weak where are wiggy's and dings world title

:gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :gag: :chuckle:

GJ :spot on: :bow:

Postby Roland

Afraid it's touch and go if Ben is going to make it or not. Currently stranded at home with a sore back not knowing what's going on.

Postby mediter

Wild wrote:

Higgins
Selby
Williams
Ding
Robbo
Murphy

I am really looking forward UK championship this year. Players will be so match sharp and it´s a great format IMO, UK. I would say that Selby, Ding and O´Sullivan biggest favourite. I think with Selby pretty much everyone agrees but I have a gut feeling O´Sullivan will still produce some performances in long format matches. He´s always a bit downbeat about his chances but... We will see :excite: And Ding is such a solid break-builder that in long format matches he´s always going need some beating to stop him

Postby Roland

Breaking news, contact with Lee, it's back on! Poor lad is gonna be shattered by the time he plays Reanne. These are the hardest nights to get to sleep as well, when you try to go to bed early knowing you're going to be in another country with another new experience the next day and you try to get to sleep but the mind keeps racing and even if you do get to sleep you wake up thinking you've missed the alarm only to find it's 1am and you've got another couple of hours.

ah whatever

Postby Smart

Sonny wrote:Breaking news, contact with Lee, it's back on! Poor lad is gonna be shattered by the time he plays Reanne. These are the hardest nights to get to sleep as well, when you try to go to bed early knowing you're going to be in another country with another new experience the next day and you try to get to sleep but the mind keeps racing and even if you do get to sleep you wake up thinking you've missed the alarm only to find it's 1am and you've got another couple of hours.

ah whatever

nytol and brandy - never fails :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Breaking news, contact with Lee, it's back on! Poor lad is gonna be shattered by the time he plays Reanne. These are the hardest nights to get to sleep as well, when you try to go to bed early knowing you're going to be in another country with another new experience the next day and you try to get to sleep but the mind keeps racing and even if you do get to sleep you wake up thinking you've missed the alarm only to find it's 1am and you've got another couple of hours.

ah whatever

did lee have a apointment with a big mac he couldnt put off to pick up the telephone :shrug:

Postby Bourne

SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Zhanger taking a break this week too. :-D

Surely the most high profile absentee.

High, I see what you did there :chuckle:

Postby SnookerFan

Bourne wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Smart wrote:Zhanger taking a break this week too. :-D

Surely the most high profile absentee.

High, I see what you did there :chuckle:

:hatoff:

Postby Roland

Some angry tweets from young Ben during the night I see. Not looking good from reading those, looks like he won't be in Poland this week.