Topic locked

Re: PTC 6 (The Warsaw Classic) !!!

Postby vodkadiet

SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I haven't seen any snooker at all this season. I am waiting for a real tournament to watch. Are there any coming up?

The World Championship starts at the end of April. Probably nothing you need to worry about before then.

Welsh Open?

Postby Wildey

Sunday 2nd of October

7pm BST

Final

Ricky Walden 1-4 Neil Robertson

Postby SnookerFan

vodkadiet wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:I haven't seen any snooker at all this season. I am waiting for a real tournament to watch. Are there any coming up?

The World Championship starts at the end of April. Probably nothing you need to worry about before then.

Welsh Open?

Newport is worth visiting. Cheap tickets, hotels, and travel make it an economy snooker week. :mex:

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:well the bias given to Robbo letting him be totally accustomed to that TV table all day long worked a treat

Yes they don't call him Kneil Robertzson there for nowt :grrr: :no:

Postby GJ

Witz78 wrote:well the bias given to Robbo letting him be totally accustomed to that TV table all day long worked a treat

:wave:

Postby vodkadiet

GJ wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:
GJ wrote:

<laugh>

GJ

How many finlas is that Robbo has been invloved in? Still hasn't lost one I believe?

10o % mate

6 out fo 6 in proper finals

i will be honest this is a tp one but if it helps him to win more proper ranking titles im more than happy as the tp win could be a good foundation for a good season

I am not sure any other player in the modren era has won his first 6 finals. There was a time in the 90s when Hendry won practically every final he was in, but only after he was fully established as the world number 1.

Postby vodkadiet

Witz78 wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Williams won his first 8 i think someone said a while back

yeh checked Wikipedia and its right enough

Good research. That is really surprising.

I remember one of those finals was the 1996 Grand Prix against Euan Henderson. I remember Henderson held the top break prize going into what turned out to be the final frame(8-5 at the time) and Williams beat it to clinch the title.

I also remember Mark Bennett reaching the semis of that event and drinking about 8 pints during his defeat. It made me wonder when they banned drinking at the table?

Postby vodkadiet

Tubberlad wrote:Yeah, Williams won his first eight Frame, and I think Davis won his first seven.

Hendry won his first 6 world finals. I would prefer that record.

Postby Witz78

vodkadiet wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Yeah, Williams won his first eight Frame, and I think Davis won his first seven.

Joe Davis won his first 15 :D

Postby Tubberlad

vodkadiet wrote:

Before he met Ken Doherty (Republic of Ireland). That was the end of that. :hatoff:

Postby Bourne

Tubberlad wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Before he met Ken Doherty (Republic of Ireland). That was the end of that. :hatoff:

Tirty tree <ok>

Postby GJ

Bourne wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:
vodkadiet wrote:

Tirty tree <ok>

tree trees

:win: :wave:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Williams won his first 8 i think someone said a while back

that someone was ME :D

Postby paperbackwriter

Though it would maybe look nice on paper, I wouldn't want Steve Davis to win today. It might have been special to watch him beating King & Higgins at the Crucible but when he plays his games in an event like PTC, when it's without history and there isn't much glory on the line, it just becomes boring. At some point I was ashamed of myself but I've decided that five more minutes and I'm going to jump off the stand and I have to run and find coffee. And when we were leaving I was grateful that it came down to Robbo vs Walden because otherwise it would have meant going home by a night bus (takes forever from that area). First day it was still fun, he was making all kinds of mistakes starting from fouling when breaking and yet he won, I wanted him to have a good tournament- but today whole day with Steve Davis was more like a nightmare, sorry.

I'm still amazed by the popularity of Trump here, looked like many people only came to see him and those who were sitting around me during his matches apparently saw him as the second coming of Christ, he made no mistakes, he was talked about everywhere from his matches to the toilets. Once I was watching Lisowski and people sitting next to me spent the whole match commentating on what Trump is doing at the other table (which was so far it was impossible to see).
I guess it's in part because Trumps and Lisowskis simply fit better in a tournament like PTC, where from a spectator point of view you can't expect more than enjoyable snooker... and most people don't expect more in general.

Anyway, nice and deserved win by Robbo, and Ricky Walden really is an incredibly nice guy.

Postby Witz78

how does Davis winning a PTC become boring? Cos its him winning or cos its only a PTC? You were there and obviously enjoyed it so surely u aint dissing the event already? Or was it just cos u wanted home early lol

The interest in Davis run in this PTC intensified today and by the time of his SF it seemed the whole of Twitter was willing him to glory. It would have been a great story had he won and gave the PTCs more publicity IMO as casual fans who just watch BBC events and / or the PL prob dont even know they exist.

You were taking about Trump in the toilets :limp:

Postby Wildey

thank you paperbackwriter for making witz looklike a plank <laugh>

First day it was still fun, he was making all kinds of mistakes starting from fouling when breaking and yet he won, I wanted him to have a good tournament- but today whole day with Steve Davis was more like a nightmare, sorry.

rofl

Postby mediter

Wild wrote:thank you paperbackwriter for making witz looklike a plank <laugh>

First day it was still fun, he was making all kinds of mistakes starting from fouling when breaking and yet he won, I wanted him to have a good tournament- but today whole day with Steve Davis was more like a nightmare, sorry.

rofl

:john: ;-)

Postby Witz78

rofl

<doh>

all that quote does is make paperbackwriter look like a plank

what a load of tosh

no surrpuseto see u backing a fellow Davis hater though :D

Postby mediter

mediter wrote:

rofl

:john: ;-)

Yeah wild, HE is a plank :-D

On any given day on any given anglo-american country. And soon here too if he can´t change m8. For Example, USA is the land of the free and the home of the brave. But he and his fellas seems to think they are so fu.... clever that they can use personal freedom (manipulating & talking rubbish) to rape whole nation´s freedom.

What´s going to happen then ? Condeding the power, changing their approach, peacefull revolutio, revolutin with USA ?? Don´t know. I have nothing personal against them, but it is like I explained. Absolute rubbish.

Postby mediter

And they have police also. An extremely serious stuff, you know. And what else, I don´t even know. And day after day they use manipulative snipers to fool people.

It´s getting very serious now, people here have had enough. You can see that so clearly. What will this plank and his ass-kisser´s do now ? It´s not enough at all to invite one guy to listen his stories and tell forward, they should come out impressively to all people IMO. So that everyone understand. And stopping the snipering immediately.

You are great guys and girls here, but I am not going to discuss now here with you because of the seriousness of this matter. But it´s just matter of time and ways. But it has to be serious and a real difference. No other way out anymore.

Postby Roland

mediter wrote:And they have police also. An extremely serious stuff, you know. And what else, I don´t even know. And day after day they use manipulative snipers to fool people.

It´s getting very serious now, people here have had enough. You can see that so clearly. What will this plank and his ass-kisser´s do now ? It´s not enough at all to invite one guy to listen his stories and tell forward, they should come out impressively to all people IMO. So that everyone understand. And stopping the snipering immediately.

You are great guys and girls here, but I am not going to discuss now here with you because of the seriousness of this matter. But it´s just matter of time and ways. But it has to be serious and a real difference. No other way out anymore.

:anyone: