Topic locked

Re: PTC 6 (The Warsaw Classic) !!!

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Steve finally after 4 hours ground down king 4-3

Kings loves a grindfest too so its hardly as if it was all down to Davis dictating the tactics

even if Davis won this PTC event doubt thered be any praise coming from your direction anyway tho

as it is, after that marathon match i expect Lisowski to come out all guns blazing and win easily here

buck off you bucking hammer.

Cant say buck all about ginger banker without your 2 pennys rubbish.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :limp:

obvious your jealousy for Davis continued achievments gets the better than you so you have to make continued subtle digs at him to justify Hendrys position <doh>

infact it had sod all to do with Steve more to do with you so if im being accused every bucking time of having a go at davis just for calling him a grinder i decided to go to town and call him a bucking runt so i can justify your patheictness.

being a bastard grinder is not a bucking insult or criticism call it what you like.

since when has being a grinder being a negative coment is beyond me i love grinding that what i do as a player.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 2nd of October

12pm BST

Quarter Finals

Judd Trump 3-4 Ricky Walden
Steve Davis 4-2 Jack Lisowski
--------------------------------------------------------
Xiao Guodong 3-4 Stephen Lee
Neil Robertson 4-3 Shaun Murphy

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:Steve finally after 4 hours ground down king 4-3

Kings loves a grindfest too so its hardly as if it was all down to Davis dictating the tactics

even if Davis won this PTC event doubt thered be any praise coming from your direction anyway tho

as it is, after that marathon match i expect Lisowski to come out all guns blazing and win easily here

buck off you bucking hammer.

Cant say buck all about ginger banker without your 2 pennys rubbish.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :limp:

obvious your jealousy for Davis continued achievments gets the better than you so you have to make continued subtle digs at him to justify Hendrys position <doh>

infact it had sod all to do with Steve more to do with you so if im being accused every bucking time of having a go at davis just for calling him a grinder i decided to go to town and call him a bucking runt so i can justify your patheictness.

being a bastard grinder is not a bucking insult or criticism call it what you like.

since when has being a grinder being a negative coment is beyond me i love grinding that what i do as a player.

its funny tho that even when Steve scores well in matches hes still grinding according to you though :john:

Postby Witz78

Davis all but secured his place on tour now as should he drop out of the top 64 odds on hell be one of the top 8 non top 64 guys on the PTC order of merit.

A win v Walden would almost certainly seal his place at the PTC Finals too so in effect a win v Walden would be worth a minimum of 1160 more ranking points (320+840)

Postby Wildey

it was obviously a grindfest this morning it took 100 hours but i only saw him doing a 80 break vs jack had family comitments so cant coment or try to on that match.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Davis all but secured his place on tour now as should he drop out of the top 64 odds on hell be one of the top 8 non top 64 guys on the PTC order of merit.

A win v Walden would almost certainly seal his place at the PTC Finals too so in effect a win v Walden would be worth a minimum of 1160 more ranking points (320+840)

yes his place on tour via PTC is nailed on now no ifs buts or maybees

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:Davis all but secured his place on tour now as should he drop out of the top 64 odds on hell be one of the top 8 non top 64 guys on the PTC order of merit.

i dont agree with that criteria i must admit

itd be far fairer to have the old one year list in place for the non top 64 guys to determine who stays on tour so the whole season is rewarded, not instances like Figeurido last season. The best top 8 should stay on tour via this method.

the argument that this method gives the PTCs more importance and encourages all the lowly ranked pros to enter doesnt wash with me, they need all the points they can and playing / earning opportunities so of course they are going to enter most of them.

the way things are someone could finish 65th having had good runs in the UK, WC but poor PTC season so they could drop off tour whilst someone who finishes 80th again stays on tour.

Postby Roland

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

itd be far fairer to have the old one year list in place for the non top 64 guys to determine who stays on tour so the whole season is rewarded, not instances like Figeurido last season. The best top 8 should stay on tour via this method.

the argument that this method gives the PTCs more importance and encourages all the lowly ranked pros to enter doesnt wash with me, they need all the points they can and playing / earning opportunities so of course they are going to enter most of them.

the way things are someone could finish 65th having had good runs in the UK, WC but poor PTC season so they could drop off tour whilst someone who finishes 80th again stays on tour.

Shows you the PTCs are worth playing in

Postby GJ

:bowdown: :happy:

this title is robbos

Postby Witz78

in theory someone could get to the final of a PTC1, not enter the next 11 and lose the first qualifying round of all the main rankers yet still remain on tour despite only having earned 1600 ranking points plus the handful of minimum losing r1 qualifying ranker points.

slightly too much worth given to the PTCs IMO and thats coming from someone who is a fan of them and champions their cause.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

One year list for Pros and top amataurs via PTC.

Postby Wildey

dont understand walden here hes playing right in to steves hands just get on with it concede and play frame 2

Postby Roland

Yeah, Steve's been in the driving seat for frame 1 for ages now, Walden not conceding

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

exactly, thats the way they should go.

open up 8 tour places for amateurs via the PTC and the entries would increase generating even more income. Have an order of merit system like this.

(seeding / randomly drawing amateurs straight through to the last 128 would have to stop )

Qualifying - each win worth 200 points
Main event (last 128 onwards) - each win worth 500 points

Postby Wildey

GJ

its been a Robbofest today on stream lol

16 Robbo frames.

Postby GJ

Wild wrote:GJ

16 Robbo frames.

:hatoff:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

open up 8 tour places for amateurs via the PTC and the entries would increase generating even more income. Have an order of merit system like this.

(seeding / randomly drawing amateurs straight through to the last 128 would have to stop )

you could almost scrap Q School

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:GJ

16 Robbo frames.

suppose Wurzel Gummidge used to be on tv on a Sunday so they have to try and cater for that market :stir:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

you could almost scrap Q School

well if theres 96 pros

top 64

top 8 on one year list, id maybe increase this to 10 to give the newcomers a fairer crack of the whip

so that would take us up to 74

so could have 10 via PTCs

and 12 via a Q School based on a fairer order of merit than the stupid set up last year of top4 from 3 events.

theres no way theyd scrap Q School and lose all them £1,000 entry fees

this way thered be no wildcards or nominations, suppose wed prob have to let amateur world champ, under 21 champ on tour tho

Postby Wildey

talked to matt about that on twitter while back he would be against no nominations because it is harder for foreigners to come over but then you got people being nominated and cant be fussed.

Postby Wildey

persanally i dont see the point giving wild cards based on nationality.

look at Stephen Craigie,Ben Harrison, Gary Wilson they wont get a wild card in a fit but if they were Indian come on over guys.

if theres better players in britain we need them on tour rather than token indian etc.

we need the best and if thats british then thats the goal for others.

Postby Witz78

im kinda split on this argument, can see the needs for likes of Figuerido, Einslie and Brecels wildcards rather than just more British players but this is an individual sport so those on tour should have earned their place and be the best 96 or 99 players.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:im kinda split on this argument, can see the needs for likes of Figuerido, Einslie and Brecels wildcards rather than just more British players but this is an individual sport so those on tour should have earned their place and be the best 96 or 99 players.

i do see the point but look at the current 12 nomination places

*12 International Champions and NGB Qualifiers

IBSF World Champion
IBSF WU21 Champion
Europe 2
Asia 3
England 1
Scotland 1
N Ireland 1
Wales 1

where does it say Brazil,Australia,Canada etc etc

we Got 4 places in the British Isles they could scrap that NOW and say right top 4 Ams in PTC Gets on Tour Easy.

Postby Wildey

Sunday 2nd of October

3pm BST

Semi Finals

Ricky Walden 3-3 Steve Davis
--------------------------------------------------------
Stephen Lee 0-4 Neil Robertson

7pm BST

Final

Ricky Walden/Steve Davis v Neil Robertson

Postby Wildey

at the Start of this Ranking Period Neil Robertson was Flirting with Droping out of the Top 8 but with a Good Run of Semi,Semi,Quarters and Final in Points Carrying Events hes now Back in the Top 4 overtaking Ding Junhui this afternoon.