Topic locked

Re: PTC 4 (The Paul Hunter Classic) !!

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:bad state of affairs when i want Higgins to win matches

Hendry out of the top 16 my priority tho, hes deadwood and past it.

In an ideal world my top 16 would look like this in around 2 years

Trump, Ding, Selby, Ronnie, Allen, Lee, Ebdon, Wenbo,
Lisowski, McGill, Guodong, Brecel, Jones, Chuang, M.White, Pengfei

and Davis, Jimmy, Drago all in the top 32 !!

Steve Davis,Jimmy White and Tony Drago is Dead Wood you want them in the Top 32 Dream on Hendry will not be dropping out on the Top 32 in the next 10 years unless HE and He alone makes the decition to retire unlike the Dead Wood you suporting.

No player will be good enough to get Rid of him from that Bracket 17 to 32 EVER.

well your know hes definetly dropping out of the top 16 at some point this season and more than likely at the next cut off point.

With more points than the rest to come off than the others hes likely to struggle to halt the slide towards the mid 20s this season as it goes on.

Making venues will be demoralising anyway then cos hell be facing seeds in R1 and we know how well he does against them <laugh>

so between that and the humbling experience of playing in cubicles for qualifying i think his days are numbered.

Just look at Davis slide down the rankings in the last year or so since he fell out of the limelight.

King was a regular fixture in the top 16 for a while there doing what Hendry did consistently winning his R1 matches, soon as he eventually dropped out he hit the skids and is now in 31st position in danger.

Doherty, Perry, Fu and Day other recent drop outs who have havent looked close to getting back in the top 16 once theyev dropped out, then theres also the likes of Cope, Walden and Wenbo struggling too once they have.

And going back 5 years high profile guys like McManus and Jimmy, long term fixtures in the elite fell quickly down the rankings once the security of the top 16 place was gone.

I see no way Hendry will ever return to the top 16 once he drops out.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:bad state of affairs when i want Higgins to win matches

Hendry out of the top 16 my priority tho, hes deadwood and past it.

In an ideal world my top 16 would look like this in around 2 years

Trump, Ding, Selby, Ronnie, Allen, Lee, Ebdon, Wenbo,
Lisowski, McGill, Guodong, Brecel, Jones, Chuang, M.White, Pengfei

and Davis, Jimmy, Drago all in the top 32 !!

Steve Davis,Jimmy White and Tony Drago is Dead Wood you want them in the Top 32 Dream on Hendry will not be dropping out on the Top 32 in the next 10 years unless HE and He alone makes the decition to retire unlike the Dead Wood you suporting.

No player will be good enough to get Rid of him from that Bracket 17 to 32 EVER.

:roll:

Postby Wildey

WHY ?

players thats there arent playing amazing stuff its just a case of finding more from somewhere he could easily get back up there its up to him at the moment its not looking likely but a few years back it was looking hopeless for Williams.....Stephen Hendry will never drop that far down as long as hes playing.

Postby Witz78

Williams slump happened when he was in his late 20s/early 30s (still in his prime)

Hendrys has gradually happened but got worse in his late 30s/early 40s (past his prime)

Williams slump was pretty much down to bad attitude (atetute to you), laziness and little practice, once he knuckled down properly he recaptured the form and results.

Hendrys slump is down to his age and his form and confidence deteriorating, that aint just gonna return with a bit of practice, which he has clearly been doing plenty of to no avail.

Postby Witz78

Tubberlad wrote:Stephen Hendry <cool> legend

as good as he was in his prime i still maintain he was overrated. His smug emotionless robotic arrogance made him seem better than he actually was.

Postby Wildey

but hes still better than most around him in the rankings christ less than a year ago he beat Trump and Stevens very easily its there somewhere..

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Tubberlad wrote:Stephen Hendry <cool> legend

as good as he was in his prime i still maintain he was overrated. His smug emotionless robotic arrogance made him seem better than he actually was.

bullocks you 100 grand bucking tit hendry overated what a bucking sausage head hendry is better than anyone whos ever played by a country mile.

Postby Tubberlad

I never liked Hendry but the day where I'll shout for Higgins ahead of him is the day hell freezes. Hendry's a legend, brilliant snooker player. I'm not going to get into the issue of G.O.A.T, but Hendry's achievements are jaw dropping... plus he won the first World Championship I watched, massive respect for him.

Postby Wildey

John Higgins is the most lucky guy in the world had he faced a form hendry last april he would never be World Champion and smart would still be posting on this forum.

Postby SnookerFan

Wild wrote:John Higgins is the most lucky guy in the world had he faced a form hendry last april he would never be World Champion and smart would still be posting on this forum.

<doh>

Postby Tubberlad

Wild wrote:John Higgins is the most lucky guy in the world had he faced a form hendry last april he would never be World Champion and smart would still be posting on this forum.

Stephen Hendry >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> John Higgins

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

thats the truth 100 % john played pretty avarage during the worlds and he stil bucking won how the buck did that happen ?

Postby SnookerFan

Even though Hendry in his prime probably was better then a prime John Higgins, to say that John Higgins should've retired and stayed on this forum is a tad unrealistic. Higgins falls short of being as good as Hendry, but comes as close as anybody in my opinion.

Should every player stop playing now as they'll never be as good as the greatest player of all time? Shall we just stop having professional snooker now?

<doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Even though Hendry in his prime probably was better then a prime John Higgins, to say that John Higgins should've retired and stayed on this forum is a tad unrealistic. Higgins falls short of being as good as Hendry, but comes as close as anybody in my opinion.

Should every player stop playing now as they'll never be as good as the greatest player of all time? Shall we just stop having professional snooker now?

<doh>

John Higgins in 2009 played the best hes played since late 90s when he first became World Champ but 2007 and 2011 he was well bellow par and won it had Hendry been around playing to the level he was hed have chewed up john and spit him out thoes 2 years without a second thoughts.

point is snookerfan having pin ends like Steve Davis and Witz talking bullocks about it.

in 2009 Steve Davis said Mark Williams was playing to the same standards but players had overtaken him.......what utter tosh.

Postby Tubberlad

Steve Davis is a tosser... he claims Hendry is the greatest winner (undeniable), O'Sullivan the greatest talent (undeniable)... yet, although Higgins is neither... he's the greatest ever? Also, claiming Williams was playing as well as 2003 in 2009 is such bull it's hilarious. Williams in 2003 was as near-perfect a season as has ever been put together, Williams in 2009 simply was not.

He really dropped in my estimations when he was calling Jamie Cope a brilliant player after getting hammered embarassingly by Williams this year, rather than slating him like was deserved. I'm not saying Cope is a bad player, he's not, albeit very overrated, but he just will not criticise this generation.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:Even though Hendry in his prime probably was better then a prime John Higgins, to say that John Higgins should've retired and stayed on this forum is a tad unrealistic. Higgins falls short of being as good as Hendry, but comes as close as anybody in my opinion.

<doh>

of course someone will come along and surpass Hendrys records. (Though i still maintain Davis overall more titles record has some sway in the GOAT argument)

after all who would have said in 1989 when Davis trounced Parrot 18-3 for his 6th world title that only a decade later a new force would be winning his 7th world title.

If the GOAT criteria is titles won then its a clear top 2 of Davis and Hendry.

If its based on actual ability then lots of players enter the equation, Ronnie and Higgins first based on their winning success followed by the likes of Williams, Alex, Jimmy

Postby Wildey

Tubberlad wrote:Steve Davis is a tosser... he claims Hendry is the greatest winner (undeniable), O'Sullivan the greatest talent (undeniable)... yet, although Higgins is neither... he's the greatest ever? Also, claiming Williams was playing as well as 2003 in 2009 is such bull it's hilarious. Williams in 2003 was as near-perfect a season as has ever been put together, Williams in 2009 simply was not.

He really dropped in my estimations when he was calling Jamie Cope a brilliant player after getting hammered embarassingly by Williams this year, rather than slating him like was deserved. I'm not saying Cope is a bad player, he's not, albeit very overrated, but he just will not criticise this generation.

Steve is without doubt the most useless pundit in SPORT'S History never mind Snooker.

the Contridicting bullocks of that man holds no bounds Nothing worth while comes out of his mouth.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

<doh>

John Higgins in 2009 played the best hes played since late 90s when he first became World Champ but 2007 and 2011 he was well bellow par and won it had Hendry been around playing to the level he was hed have chewed up john and spit him out thoes 2 years without a second thoughts.

point is snookerfan having pin ends like Steve Davis and Witz talking bullocks about it.

in 2009 Steve Davis said Mark Williams was playing to the same standards but players had overtaken him.......what utter tosh.

as much as it pains me to say, at the end of the day Higgins won in 2007 and 2011 so nobody can take them away from him, no matter how he played.

No point putting your mythical spin onto the argument that had he been playing peak Hendry then he wouldnt have won them. Its a bit like saying if Parrott in 91 and Hendry in 92 had been playing peak Davis then they wouldnt have won the world titles. Pointless nonsense really.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

<doh>

thats the truth 100 % john played pretty avarage during the worlds and he stil bucking won how the buck did that happen ?

cos Higgins is a jammy bucker who always sneaks close wins by the odd frame here and there, usually because he has a limpet like quality of sticking with superior players on the day by grinding out tight frames he should lose which demoralise and sow seeds of doubt into his opponents.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

<doh>

of course someone will come along and surpass Hendrys records. (Though i still maintain Davis overall more titles record has some sway in the GOAT argument)

after all who would have said in 1989 when Davis trounced Parrot 18-3 for his 6th world title that only a decade later a new force would be winning his 7th world title.

If the GOAT criteria is titles won then its a clear top 2 of Davis and Hendry.

If its based on actual ability then lots of players enter the equation, Ronnie and Higgins first based on their winning success followed by the likes of Williams, Alex, Jimmy

buck sakes Steve Davis is rubbish in comparison holy rubbish he might be a GOAT

Lets put him out to Grass

Mate you named 5 players

Stephen Hendry won 7 World Titles winning 5 of them with the players you named and Beating Ronnie in 2 Semis

Lets see Who John Beat in Finals Lets See who Williams beat in Finals Lets See who Ronnie beat in Finals.

Theres no comparison on Ability or Success.

Postby Witz78

im not even wasting my time getting involved in this never ending debate.

Davis dominated his era
Hendry dominated his era

for me theres little between these 2 but ill concede Hendrys better

if we take titles out of the equation and look at them all just as players then the gap between Hendry and the likes of Ronnie, Higgins closes dramatically.

Postby SnookerFan

Witz78 wrote:im not even wasting my time getting involved in this never ending debate.

Davis dominated his era
Hendry dominated his era

if we take titles out of the equation and look at them all just as players then the gap between Hendry and the likes of Ronnie, Higgins closes dramatically.

Bit late to say that. rofl

Can't some mod whack a load of these posts into the Junk Yard before people start talking about stats?

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:
Witz78 wrote:im not even wasting my time getting involved in this never ending debate.

Davis dominated his era
Hendry dominated his era

Bit late to say that. rofl

Can't some mod whack a load of these posts into the Junk Yard before people start talking about stats?

nah the junkyards for proper tripe like them stupid stupid "topics" that you do every couple of days :wretch:

Postby Wildey

well you started the bucking tripe learn something about bucking snooker before opening your stupid bucking hole and talking bucking rubbish.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:well you started the bucking tripe learn something about bucking snooker before opening your stupid bucking hole and talking bucking rubbish.

all i said was that i thought Hendry was over rated

wasnt saying he wasnt good but he seems to be elevated on some sort of pedestal far higher than the other players when the reality is the GOAT isnt that clear cut

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:well you started the bucking tripe learn something about bucking snooker before opening your stupid bucking hole and talking bucking rubbish.

all i said was that i thought Hendry was over rated

wasnt saying he wasnt good but he seems to be elevated on some sort of pedestal far higher than the other players when the reality is the GOAT isnt that clear cut

well he was not overrated any fool knows that and yes the goat in snooker is as clear cut as it can ever be.

Postby Witz78

SnookerFan wrote:So, about how the PTC 4, hey?

Looking forward to that one....

i notice suddenly theres streaming for these you seem to be taking notice.

before u didnt give 2 hoots about them or qualifiers either.