Topic locked

Re: Ben's Progression

Postby Witz78

Sonny wrote:Haha have you seen him Witz? Ladies go weak at the knees when they see Ben, I've seen it in action!

When I spoke to him doing the PTC2 blog he asked who he had next and when I said Ryan Causton he went quiet and said "Oh!" so on that basis full concentration is for the 9am match tomorrow morning because he knows it's going to be a test. If he comes through that he'll probably feel a bit of pressure with the whole deadwood thing but I think it will spur him on to playing really well. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

yeh ive seen Ben but if i put my :limp: head on for a minute, hes not got a hope of pulling if theres 1 girl in the nightclub and its between him and TK vying for her. <ok> The old romeo / cassanova will show him how its done.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Sonny wrote:Haha have you seen him Witz? Ladies go weak at the knees when they see Ben, I've seen it in action!

When I spoke to him doing the PTC2 blog he asked who he had next and when I said Ryan Causton he went quiet and said "Oh!" so on that basis full concentration is for the 9am match tomorrow morning because he knows it's going to be a test. If he comes through that he'll probably feel a bit of pressure with the whole deadwood thing but I think it will spur him on to playing really well. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

yeh ive seen Ben but if i put my :limp: head on for a minute, hes not got a hope of pulling if theres 1 girl in the nightclub and its between him and TK vying for her. <ok> The old romeo / cassanova will show him how its done.

if theres one girl in the nightclub they are in the wrong bloody nightclub :limp:

Postby Roland

:redneck: ^^^

Wild wrote:off to http://www.snooker to check out Ryan Causton results

has to be said not much to go on in the last 2 seasons http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?pl ... &season=-1 won nothing did not play PTC Last season

He's mid 20's and played a bit in the PIOS under the old system apparently.

Ben's been practicing with Stephen Lee today who sounds like he's hitting the ball beautifully. They were playing sets, best of 7 and in the last one Ben was leading 3-1 and Lee packed up. I told him that means it was 4-1 because I used to play a friend who was like that, kick my bottom most of the time and the times I beat him I was playing really well and got the lead early on and he went home. It would go something like 10-1, 10-2, 10-1, 10-3, 10-1, 0-4 and whenever that happened I knew I had him beat. The funniest excuse for leaving he gave was that he couldn't play with his chalk! He was the king of mind games and Lee is from the same stock.

Postby Witz78

haha ive a mate like that too, if its a nip and tuck tight match he has an annoying habit of sneaking a win. He rarely runs away with it if he takes a big lead over me tho cos i always dig in and make a game of it, but if i get even 2-0 up v him he collapses and loses then plot. 6-0, 7-0 and 7-2 my last 3 wins over him actually haha.

Postby beergitte

At the Pink Ribbon Ryan Causton beat Hannah 4-0 to meet Allan Taylor 4-1, but lost the rest of his matches.

And speaking for the ladies: I'd have Ben over TK any day :-D

Postby Witz78

beergitte wrote:At the Pink Ribbon Ryan Causton beat Hannah 4-0 to meet Allan Taylor 4-1, but lost the rest of his matches.

maybe now, but if it was the 80s TK................ :evilgrin:

Postby Wildey

beergitte wrote:At the Pink Ribbon Ryan Causton beat Hannah 4-0 to meet Allan Taylor 4-1, but lost the rest of his matches.

well to be fair Tony is old enough to be your father lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:

and a fair chance he prob is her father too :evilgrin:

Postby beergitte

Wild wrote:

Well, how do you know I'm not into older men?

Postby beergitte

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

and a fair chance he prob is her father too :evilgrin:

No comment. I can't account for my mum's actions before I was born :-D

Postby Roland

stay on topic in this thread please

Postby Wildey

Wild wrote:How about this Route For Ben

Ben Harrison v Ryan Causton >>Les Dodd or Tony Knowles>>Tony Drago>>Martin Gould or Dechawat Poomjaeng

all change

Ben Harrison v Ryan Causton >>Les Dodd or Tony Knowles>>Stephen Lee>>Ding Junhui or Joel Walker

Postby Roland

You write that after he's already beaten Causton and Knowles 4-2 and 4-0. Lee up next at 3pm. Come on Ben, do him!

Postby Bourne

Fair play that's a great win for Ben this weekend <ok>

Postby GJ

its wooly who won not harrision

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison Next Match is if the Draw and schedule is correct which im not confident about but as it stands.

Ben Harrison plays Laurin Winters 9am BST Thursday 25th of August in Fuerth.

Postby beergitte

I see Ben's one of the unfortunate players to have three qualifying matches this time.

Laurin Winters ----> Felix Pleschek ----> Allan Taylor/Dirk Hochheim ----> Martin Gould

Postby Wildey

Allan Taylor is the test

Postby Witz78

entries for this event must be up compared to other PTCs too im sure with it being in mainland Europe?

yeh Lauren Harries and Felix Leiter should be a stroll in the park and simply match practice for Benjamin before the main match with AT.

not getting much luck with the last 128 draws mind you, another provisional top 16 player in Gould now after Lee last week. Goulds form in the PTCs has been shabby though and one of the main reasons hes not comfortably inside the top 16 ahead of this cut off point looming ever closer.

Postby beergitte

I agree that Taylor is the test.

Number of entries for phc is 244, but as we already know, a few have dropped off by now.
Bjorn Haneveer, Nick Pearce, Shahram Changezi to name a few. And chances are Lucky Vatnani won't be present for this one either.

Postby Witz78

beergitte wrote:I agree that Taylor is the test.

Number of entries for phc is 244, but as we already know, a few have dropped off by now.
Bjorn Haneveer, Nick Pearce, Shahram Changezi to name a few. And chances are Lucky Vatnani won't be present for this one either.

i wonder if Figeurido will be there since hes based in Germany :huh:

Postby Wildey

The way they have worked out the Schedule for this is Bizare

Some Players Will be in the Last 16 before Some players Ben included Reaches the Last 128.

Postby Wildey

interesting Ben said 20 points would do for a win not talking about pounds just get points.

why not reward Amataurs who wins matches with points and if they reach the last 128 give them the entry fee back say for each win up to the last 128 they get 50 points and if they reach the last 128 thoes points are converted to pounds.

Ben said hes won 6 matches well that would work out at 300 points.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:interesting Ben said 20 points would do for a win not talking about pounds just get points.

why not reward Amataurs who wins matches with points and if they reach the last 128 give them the entry fee back say for each win up to the last 128 they get 50 points and if they reach the last 128 thoes points are converted to pounds.

Ben said hes won 6 matches well that would work out at 300 points.

yeh i do agree with Bens point actually as theres no extra "reward" for winning all the games he has done.

Its almost an identical scenario to there being no prize money in some rankers up until the last 48 so you could win 3 games but still not get anymore money than someone losing in the last 96

Postby Wildey

its bloody tough to get in to the last 128 theres 148 amataurs starting out this week with only 32 places up for grabs in the last 128 and at a guess only about 6 or 7 of them might stand a chance of earning anything.