Topic locked

Ben's Progression

Postby Roland

OK so as I write this Ben Harrison is preparing for his first match in the first PTC event where he plays Brian Cox. Not the TV scientist, the snooker player.

http://briancoxsnooker.co.uk/index.html

Ben is fully badged up with the Snooker Island logo so fingers crossed it proves to be a good omen for him. Follow his progress in this topic and keep an eye out for post event analysis on the Snooker Island Blog.

Good luck mate <ok>

Re: Ben's Progression

Postby Roland

PTC1 first result

Ben Harrison 4-3 Brian Cox

Ben was 2-0 ahead and 3-2 behind against a player described by Janie Watkins as "The Snail"! It was a very slow match and the last to finish of the first set of qualifiers. Well done Ben, I'll get his reaction later. Next up it's a very tough prospect in Joel Walker who won the Ronnie O'Sullivan young player event a few months ago.

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison has Defeated Joel Walker 4-2 from 2-1 down with a break of 91 in frame 4

He now Plays Mark Joyce the Pink Ribbon Champion on Tuesday nice and early 9am.

Postby Wildey

Well Ben's Progression Halted today at the hands of Mark Joyce 4-0.

Postby Witz78

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Unlucky Ben. Will he have to qualify for future events?

with up to 99 pros taking up the 128 places in the first round proper of PTC events, bar a few extreme cases, the bulk of the amateurs will have to go through pre-qualifying.

Though with a number of amateurs winning so far this week ive just had a thought.

Would pros have to enter qualifying round/s if they are out of the top 128 in the PTC order of merit?

Postby Roland

No the professionals will always be in the last 128. Ben intends to play in every PTC event and we will be charting his progress. Looking forward to it. Mark Joyce is a form player at the minute, his quarter-final in the UK last year was no fluke and he'll be on our screens a fair bit this season I'd imagine.

Postby snooky147

It's a long hard road from where Ben is now to where he want's to be. He needs to have the faith, dedication and motivation needed to get there(as well as the talent of course ) and I wish him well. Don't lose heart.

Postby Roland

He's certainly got all of those snooky, so it's down to whether he can have a good run in a couple of the PTCs. The competition is fierce that's for sure and the field is more and more international looking with each passing event. This is the dawn of a new era. The likes of Ben would waltz onto the main tour even a decade ago. It's going to be great to get his perspective on it over the coming months.

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison Paul Hunter Classic Route

Thursday 25th of August

10am
Laurin Winters

1pm
Felix Pieschek

Friday 26th of August

9pm
Oesyurt Aksoy/Allan Taylor/Dirk Hockheim

Saturday 27th of August

11.30am
Martin Gould

Postby Wildey

My game with Mark Joyce was 1 hour 45 minutes for 4 frames so I think the better standard of player is why it’s happening.

not read it all yet got to go out but i skimmed through it quick

thats interesting and it explains why matches are Running behind neither Joyce or Ben slow players there's so much riding on the PTC.

Postby Roland

You're going out at half 11? So there is life in your part of the world!

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:You're going out at half 11? So there is life in your part of the world!

Yes there is something more exciting than watching sheep eat grass lol

but thats not why i went out i was being used as a very cheap taxi service tonight for mates and family..

that was a great first installment of the Harrison experience he comes across very likeable and confident and the picture of you and him looked like a proud father with his son <laugh>

Postby snooky147

Heh, What does Graeme have to do to shake the grinder tag...Sighs

Postby Roland

:-)

youngster today hey

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Heh, What does Graeme have to do to shake the grinder tag...Sighs

to be honest he spoiled it by saying "no disrespect" :redneck: but the truth is all he said was they were great safety players id take it as a compliment... they are great safety players.

Also Cliff Thorburn was loud and proud about being called a Grinder as a kid i thought that was a compliment to him....Whats Changed ?? all of a sudden being called a Grinder is a dirty word.

Postby Roland

I think it's because he picked Graeme's name out of the pack rather than anyone else but I agree, it was meant in a respectful way. Let's see if Ebdon and Dotty meet in a PTC and it goes 4-3 how long it will take.

Postby snooky147

I did take it as a compliment but the question was asked in relation to the over run in times. I don't know about Ebdon but Graeme started on the Tuesday and until he reached the semi against Perry he only dropped 5 frames out of 20 and had nothing to do with the over run. Just thought it was strange that his name was mentioned in that context is all.

Postby Roland

It'll be the 2006 final ingrained in the subconscious!

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I did take it as a compliment but the question was asked in relation to the over run in times. I don't know about Ebdon but Graeme started on the Tuesday and until he reached the semi against Perry he only dropped 5 frames out of 20 and had nothing to do with the over run. Just thought it was strange that his name was mentioned in that context is all.

Graeme is no grinder but when mentioning Peter you sort of automatic mention Graeme because the 2006 final is engraved on peoples minds and throw Ebdon and Dott in to the pot together for ever more just like Davis and Taylor a lifetime earlier.

Postby snooky147

I'm sorry guy's, just forget it. I should know better than to post when I'm in the state of mind I am in today.

Postby Roland

Don't be silly snooky, it's fine :santa:

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I'm sorry guy's, just forget it. I should know better than to post when I'm in the state of mind I am in today.

Christ don't be sorry if nobody bothered to post their opinion to debate about it a forum dies.

Postby snooky147

Nothing has went right thise week :grrr: I promised to help a mate with his website, which I didn't want to do and now that I have I see it's a total mess, which will probably require a rewrite. Also, my rankings database which I do every season is fubard up for some reasonso working on that too and it's raining and I have to take muttley out in it, which he loves but I hate. :mood:

SIGHS.

Postby benharrison147

haha! sorry snooky, i didnt mean it in a bad way! you are right, dott has sped up in the last couple of years, and is better to watch now. as sonny said it was chosen out of a bunch, a better one would of been rory mcleod! :D

Postby Wildey

benharrison147 wrote:haha! sorry snooky, i didnt mean it in a bad way! you are right, dott has sped up in the last couple of years, and is better to watch now. as sonny said it was chosen out of a bunch, a better one would of been rory mcleod! :D

or Brian Cox :D <laugh>

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:Nothing has went right thise week :grrr: I promised to help a mate with his website, which I didn't want to do and now that I have I see it's a total mess, which will probably require a rewrite. Also, my rankings database which I do every season is fubard up for some reasonso working on that too and it's raining and I have to take muttley out in it, which he loves but I hate. :mood:

SIGHS.

wow chill mate get a big lead and sit inside the door that worked for me <laugh>

Postby Bourne

benharrison147 wrote:haha! sorry snooky, i didnt mean it in a bad way! you are right, dott has sped up in the last couple of years, and is better to watch now. as sonny said it was chosen out of a bunch, a better one would of been rory mcleod! :D

Rory hatah :grrr: