Topic locked

Re: Ben's Progression

Postby Roland

I probably took out the words "I think" :redneck:

Postby Wildey

Pockets Snooker wrote:Good luck to both my players Ben and Stephen http://www.pocketspromotions.com
ps Ben , Stephen plays Friday morning :)

Stephen might be in the last 16 before Ben reaches the Last 128 lol

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:its bloody tough to get in to the last 128 theres 148 amataurs starting out this week with only 32 places up for grabs in the last 128 and at a guess only about 6 or 7 of them might stand a chance of earning anything.

yeh with so many pros and the main round starting at last 128 theres no way round about it really.

Under the current system its ok for Ben to say, give me 20 points for making the last 128 etc but thats not gonna get him anywhere really, ultimately if he wants to make it onto tour via the PTC then he has to string together a series of shock wins over pros to get well into the tournament.

Thats whats so annoying in the Eden Sherav situation, he makes QF of PTC1 and is in pole position but then skips next 3 PTCs due to financial reasons, hes now undoing the good work and sliding down the PTC rankings and the list of non top 64 guys, plus unless he enters some more soon hes screwed as hes failed to meet the criteria of playing 3 in UK and 3 abroad so PTC1 has been a waste of time really.

Just makes me think, that come next season the step to make the top 8 amateurs from the PTC will also be made as the step made this year, whilst an improvement and step forward from last years shut shop mentality on the PTC, is still not good enough.

Postby Witz78

One way or another though im sure Bourne and me will see our protege weve been tipping for the top for years make it onto tour soon enough and chop down some deadwood. :D

Postby Bourne

Witz78 wrote:One way or another though im sure Bourne and me will see our protege weve been tipping for the top for years make it onto tour soon enough and chop down some deadwood. :D

:win:

Postby Witz78

Whats the defintive list of OUR proteges anyway Bourne

heres all the young guns i consider to be ones ive championed in recent years, im sure youve a few more to add.....

Trump
Wenbo
Double J
Lisowski
Brecel
Zhang
TT
Guodong
Un-Nooh
Ants
Micky White
Kasper
Chuang
B-Force Harrison

Postby Wildey

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i beggggggggggggg youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu leave Ben Alone he wants a chance to succeed without the kiss of death suporting him :irk:

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i beggggggggggggg youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu leave Ben Alone he wants a chance to succeed without the kiss of death suporting him :irk:

Yeh just like we gave Trump the kiss of death <doh>

more like we gave him the kiss of life :limp: whilst you lot labelled him deadwood at the age of 20 <doh>

Postby Wildey

anyway on to rest of the blog he is beating who he supose to be beating and results are getting better as the PTC Goes on

PTC 1 he strugled to get past Brian Cox and lost 4-0 to Joyce then PTC 2 he swept both amataurs aside before Harold Ground him out but then in PTC 3 he came close to beat a Pro thats playing well that Went on to beat Ding and Mark Allen.

so the results are moving in the right direction

3 PTC with 3 Last 128s only players ranked in the top 64 in the world have beaten him but nothing to show for it.

Postby Roland

Haha he'll be alright with witz behind him.

This is from the Pink Ribbon, the guy he was playing was hilarious - the one shot he played in this clip sums him up, he was a hacker extraordinaire and Ben found it hard to focus even though he was never going to lose a frame or even have one go to the colours.

You can see he's right at the end of the cue, and the clip also gives a good impression of how he plays with a left-handed shot thrown in for good measure.

Postby beergitte

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:its bloody tough to get in to the last 128 theres 148 amataurs starting out this week with only 32 places up for grabs in the last 128 and at a guess only about 6 or 7 of them might stand a chance of earning anything.

yeh with so many pros and the main round starting at last 128 theres no way round about it really.

Under the current system its ok for Ben to say, give me 20 points for making the last 128 etc but thats not gonna get him anywhere really, ultimately if he wants to make it onto tour via the PTC then he has to string together a series of shock wins over pros to get well into the tournament.

Thats whats so annoying in the Eden Sherav situation, he makes QF of PTC1 and is in pole position but then skips next 3 PTCs due to financial reasons, hes now undoing the good work and sliding down the PTC rankings and the list of non top 64 guys, plus unless he enters some more soon hes screwed as hes failed to meet the criteria of playing 3 in UK and 3 abroad so PTC1 has been a waste of time really.

Just makes me think, that come next season the step to make the top 8 amateurs from the PTC will also be made as the step made this year, whilst an improvement and step forward from last years shut shop mentality on the PTC, is still not good enough.

I think that Eden Sharav has entered ptc's 5-9.

Postby Witz78

WTF was that double / treble / quadruple attempt haha reminds me of myself when the red mist descends and ive lost the plot.

and why did Ben also try a double after him, albeit successfully?

looked a straightforward cut into pocket on both occasions.

Postby Witz78

beergitte wrote:
Witz78 wrote:

I think that Eden Sharav has entered ptc's 5-9.

good, im sure after his PTC1 exploits, he secured some sponsorship

i dunno why they need to have entries for blocks of 4 PTCs in at once, just a money making scam as they know most people will pay to enter them all even if they dont play them all.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:WTF was that double / treble / quadruple attempt haha reminds me of myself when the red mist descends and ive lost the plot.

and why did Ben also try a double after him, albeit successfully?

looked a straightforward cut into pocket on both occasions.

safe to say ben could have played doubles,trebles,used his butt end even use his sausage and he wouldnt have lost lol

Postby Witz78

think ill be entering the 2012 Pink Ribbon if the likes of him (and Sonny) are some of the competition haha

Postby Roland

It must've been at 3-0 and there's no way he would've been behind at that point anyway. Neither of us two would've had a problem in winning 4-0 he was that bad. He was a comedian with it though, he had us in stitches with some of the shots he went for. One of the funniest was looking across at Ben and saying "red" then smashing the pack as hard as he could rofl

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:It must've been at 3-0 and there's no way he would've been behind at that point anyway. Neither of us two would've had a problem in winning 4-0 he was that bad. He was a comedian with it though, he had us in stitches with some of the shots he went for. One of the funniest was looking across at Ben and saying "red" then smashing the pack as hard as he could rofl

yes he was definitly in my league rofl

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison Beats Laurin Winters 4-0 and he plays Felix Pleschek at aprox 12pm BST

Postby Roland

He beat Felix 4-0 and has just played Allan Taylor aka the Albino Assassin and won 4-2. Next up.... it's Gouldy!

Postby Roland

Last time they met was in the Pink Ribbon. Gould won 4-1 but both were clearly suffering with the 9am start.

Postby Wildey

PTC 6 Ben Harrison has 1 Qualifying Match against Reanne Evans and the winner will play Anthony McGill in the last 128

Postby Witz78

tough game that for Ben providing he gets through, er beats Reanne first !!

Would price up the matches like this

Harrison 2/7 Evans 11/4

Harrison 15/8 McGill 2/5

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:tough game that for Ben providing he gets through, er beats Reanne first !!

Harrison 2/7 Evans 11/4

Harrison 15/8 McGill 2/5

taking nothing away from ants he is a deserved pro but it will be a more Equal Footing for Ben.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:tough game that for Ben providing he gets through, er beats Reanne first !!

Harrison 2/7 Evans 11/4

Harrison 15/8 McGill 2/5

taking nothing away from ants he is a deserved pro but it will be a more Equal Footing for Ben.

no these odds are bang on, Ben played well v Lee but ought to have won, but other than that hes seemed to freeze when the goings got tough, and McGill is on a rich vein of form and confidence lately so if anything my prices are actually generous to Ben id say.

Postby snooky147

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

Harrison 2/7 Evans 11/4

Harrison 15/8 McGill 2/5

no these odds are bang on, Ben played well v Lee but ought to have won, but other than that hes seemed to freeze when the goings got tough, and McGill is on a rich vein of form and confidence lately so if anything my prices are actually generous to Ben id say.

I would say those prices are about right too, if anyone cares that is. :chuckle:

Postby Wildey

Ants would definitly be fave and im not questioning the odds but ants and ben are from the same generation proberbly played quite often in the past.

Postby Roland

McGill is apparently a very good front runner so Ben will need to be straight out of the blocks but Reanne is no mug so first thing first. Ben v Reanne will be a good match to watch and it's a shame we won't get to see it.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:McGill is apparently a very good front runner so Ben will need to be straight out of the blocks but Reanne is no mug so first thing first. Ben v Reanne will be a good match to watch and it's a shame we won't get to see it.

yes not disrespecting reanne at all but looking at potential ben last 128 match this is the least presurised for different reasons Gould,Lee and Harold had big pressures on them.