Topic locked

Re: Ben's Progression

Postby Monique

MarkSelbyNo1Fan wrote:Has Ben not entered PTC2?

Yes he has. You have to look at the pre-qualifyers draw

Postby Bourne

Yes and not a great angle on the black, would have have to force it off two cushions which is a high-risk shot and you don't want to be making too many of those unless you're good enough :hatoff:

Postby Wildey

EVERYONE'S A CRITIC <laugh>

Postby Roland

Well there was an easier red :redneck:

Ben starts at 3:30pm today with his newly extended cue.

Postby Wildey

Ben Harrison is Through 4-0 against James Cahill

his next match is against James Buck or Marc Davis NB 3pm on Sunday

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:4-0 not 4-1

Had reanne on my mind ;-)

Postby Wildey

Another 4-0 win puts Ben through to the professional rounds last 128 against Dave Harold 1pm Monday 8th of August

Postby Wildey

unfortunately Dave Harold was 2 Strong for Ben as he won 4-0

Ben Harrison Next Match is Thursday 18th of August in sheffield at 9am with a match against Ryan Causton

Postby Wildey

"I’ve just had under table heaters fitted on my table because there’s no point in turning up at a tournament and taking a few frames to get used to the faster conditions, I need to be used to them before I get there.

I’m also thinking about having a video camera set up in the corner, the idea being that you keep it there all day and watch it back and see if you’re doing anything wrong.

I’m practicing with Adam Wicheard at the moment and that’s doing me a lot of good because he plays match snooker in practice. Like if he’s got a half risky pot then he won’t go for it, he’ll play safe and that’s exactly what I need."

like that it shows his dedication to get the job done leaving no stone unturned <ok>

Postby Roland

Ben needs a nickname. All suggestions welcome!

Wild came up with Ben "Hurricane" Harrison. It has a ring to it. Been used before but the original isn't about to sue.

I came up with Ben "Chipper" Harrison as he scythes up the deadwood like the chipper scene from Fargo. And "Chipper Harrison" has a ring to it. I don't think Ben likes it though :redneck:

Postby Wildey

most nicknames come from style of play i know hes fast live scoring goes up at a rate of nots when hes playing but having never seen him play its hard to think of names to go with style.

Postby Wildey

Bourne wrote:Ding :hatoff:

Ben Ding Harrison

Postby Bourne

Wild wrote:
Bourne wrote:Ding :hatoff:

Ben Ding Harrison

As a snooker player there's nothing more important than the ability to bend :evilgrin:

Postby Roland

Great minds, I thought of that one seperately on Twitter :redneck:

Postby Witz78

Ok its a rip off of a wrestlers nickname but it slips off the tongue perfctly plus its topical in relation to the deadwood.
HACKSAW HARRISON

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:Ok its a rip off of a wrestlers nickname but it slips off the tongue perfctly plus its topical in relation to the deadwood.
HACKSAW HARRISON

this reminds me of the spitting image sketch thinking up nicknames for Steve Davis <laugh>

Postby Witz78

Witz78 wrote:Ok its a rip off of a wrestlers nickname but it slips off the tongue perfctly plus its topical in relation to the deadwood.
HACKSAW HARRISON

plus they both come armed into battle carrying a piece of wood in their hand <ok>

Postby Wildey

seperated at birth lol

Postby Wildey

How about this Route For Ben

Ben Harrison v Ryan Causton >>Les Dodd or Tony Knowles>>Tony Drago>>Martin Gould or Dechawat Poomjaeng

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:How about this Route For Ben

Ben Harrison v Ryan Causton >>Les Dodd or Tony Knowles>>Tony Drago>>Martin Gould or Dechawat Poomjaeng

if hes up against Knowles then he doesnt stand a chance ................................... with the women :D

Postby Roland

Haha have you seen him Witz? Ladies go weak at the knees when they see Ben, I've seen it in action!

When I spoke to him doing the PTC2 blog he asked who he had next and when I said Ryan Causton he went quiet and said "Oh!" so on that basis full concentration is for the 9am match tomorrow morning because he knows it's going to be a test. If he comes through that he'll probably feel a bit of pressure with the whole deadwood thing but I think it will spur him on to playing really well. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Haha have you seen him Witz? Ladies go weak at the knees when they see Ben, I've seen it in action!

When I spoke to him doing the PTC2 blog he asked who he had next and when I said Ryan Causton he went quiet and said "Oh!" so on that basis full concentration is for the 9am match tomorrow morning because he knows it's going to be a test. If he comes through that he'll probably feel a bit of pressure with the whole deadwood thing but I think it will spur him on to playing really well. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

off to www.snooker to check out Ryan Causton results

has to be said not much to go on in the last 2 seasons http://www.snooker.org/res/index.asp?pl ... &season=-1 won nothing did not play PTC Last season