Topic locked

Re: Ben's Progression

Postby Roland

I thought I read from 2013/14?

Postby Witz78

thats what it said there somewhere but im sure at the time it was announced it was from next season

Postby Roland

Well we'll be following his progress in the QSP Series and Q-School so fingers crossed Ben can get one of those places up for grabs.

Postby Witz78

honest views from Ben and a good summary there Sonny of his PTC "season" and the PTCs in general.

Maybe you should keep the blog going every month to 6 month with an update on what hes been up to and how his prep for Q-School is coming on.

Good to see the pic of Judd and Ben also drinking BLUE STUFF too :limp:

Postby Roland

Thought you'd be impressed with that. Yes I intend to track his progress and will probably do a catch up blog after Q School covering everything in the mean time.

Postby Wildey

Judd Trump, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Neil Robertson however netted around £30,000 each for their efforts, and now have the chance to play for the £70,000 first prize in the grand finals to take place in March. When you consider the amount of matches they had to win and the incredible standard they had to play at in order to win those matches, one can understand the gripes even from the top stars.

jesus christ no grumbeling for winning £30,000 for a maximum of 24 days actual play is beyond a bloody joke.

nobody said the PTC was there to make people rich its in place to give playing opertunities and if you good and succesfull make a few bob.

Of course the harsh reality of what it takes to have a successful career as a snooker professional will have hit home to many participants, and there will be many names that we will never come across again. From this angle, the PTCs have been a blessing in disguise for those not good enough to make the grade as they will now have to get on with their lives and find another career away from snooker. The PTCs will have given them a chance to realise this earlier than perhaps they would have done otherwise, and ironically saved them future expenses despite having to take the significant hit of a financial loss in the process of finding this out.

totally agree.

the amount of players that had to reconsider their future after the 1991/1992 opening up the sport was vast so theres nothing really new there.

the good survive the bad disapears and the Great go on to win titles.

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Judd Trump, Ronnie O’Sullivan and Neil Robertson however netted around £30,000 each for their efforts, and now have the chance to play for the £70,000 first prize in the grand finals to take place in March. When you consider the amount of matches they had to win and the incredible standard they had to play at in order to win those matches, one can understand the gripes even from the top stars.

jesus christ no grumbeling for winning £30,000 for a maximum of 24 days actual play is beyond a bloody joke.

nobody said the PTC was there to make people rich its in place to give playing opertunities and if you good and succesfull make a few bob.

YES I AGREE TOTALLY THERE WILD <ok>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:

YES I AGREE TOTALLY THERE WILD <ok>

if thoes events that was in europe gets full ranking status two things happen

1) more money

2) snake hiss off amataurs.

Postby gallantrabbit

This fellow Ben seems level headed enough to accept that he is going to have to invest in the PTCs and they're a great opportunity for players like him to get the very best type of match practice.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:This fellow Ben seems level headed enough to accept that he is going to have to invest in the PTCs and they're a great opportunity for players like him to get the very best type of match practice.

yea i like his attitute from the moment i came across him on twitter he has embrased the new regime.

Postby gallantrabbit

From his point of view he's getting the opportunity as an amateur that amateurs only used to get in pro-ams. And then only the lesser pros would generally enter. Sure he's got to pay for that opportunity. It's called an apprenticeship.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:From his point of view he's getting the opportunity as an amateur that amateurs only used to get in pro-ams. And then only the lesser pros would generally enter. Sure he's got to pay for that opportunity. It's called an apprenticeship.

thats how it is in the real world i know the traveling is not genarally that bad as a plummer's apretice however the rewards for being a top plummer isnt that great either.

Postby Roland

He's upped his practice to 8 hours a day. He's very single minded about snooker and views it as his chosen career path and believes he will do it, believes in his own ability. He's got the right mind for it.