Topic locked

Re: Players Tour Championship 1 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Dannyboy wrote:Don't understand what World Snooker have done in terms of seeding...

206 players (of which 93 were professionals)
-93 pros seeded through to the 1st round proper, leaving 35 spaces for the amateurs
-113 amateurs to play a maximum of 2 matches to get into the main draw - simples? I think 27 seeded through to the 2nd qualifying round?

Why have two players got lucky?!

yes cant really work it out either.

Postby vinot

I always thought they were gonna use the last years PTC order of merit to use for seeding purposes when u got out of pros. But that doesn't seem to have transpired... These seeds now seems to be some last minute "put all the names in the hat and pull one out" sorts of deal. Not to happy about this procedure, I am.

Postby Monique

They said, as soon as they got the entry pack out (no pun intended ;) ) that they would use the rankings to make the first PTC seeding, then the order of Merit from PTC2, which is, I suppose, why they can't do the draw before next week.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:They said, as soon as they got the entry pack out (no pun intended ;) ) that they would use the rankings to make the first PTC seeding, then the order of Merit from PTC2, which is, I suppose, why they can't do the draw before next week.

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 352,00.pdf

Seeding (64 only per event)

EVENT 1-4 Main Tour Players in order of official world Rankings/Next 8 Main Tour Players in Order of PTC Finals Rankings/Remaining Players at Random.

Postby Monique

Thanks for the clarification Wild. I didn't check back and, from memory, I thought official rankings were used only for the first event, but reading it again, it seems it's used for events 1-4.

Postby weewelshwitch

All sorts of travel and costs problems for the Euro players in Bulgaria.

Martin O'Donnell due to land in London around 2pm. due to be playing in Sheffield at 5pm - call a very fast car!

Lasse Munstermann can't find a flight to get him there at the moment but he's scouring every airline.

If they start changing their flights it's going to cost them fortunes to get to Sheffield for the pre-qualifying rounds.

Postby Wildey

weewelshwitch wrote:All sorts of travel and costs problems for the Euro players in Bulgaria.

Martin O'Donnell due to land in London around 2pm. due to be playing in Sheffield at 5pm - call a very fast car!

Lasse Munstermann can't find a flight to get him there at the moment but he's scouring every airline.

If they start changing their flights it's going to cost them fortunes to get to Sheffield for the pre-qualifying rounds.

all sort of logistical problems or lose early but winning that is more important than the PTC.

Postby Wildey

to be perfectly honest if i was Lasse id call world snooker and pull out of PTC 1 NOW you cant play while worrieng about flights etc etc ......

the price for winning this event is massive for them.

Postby Wildey

Monique wrote:Thanks for the clarification Wild. I didn't check back and, from memory, I thought official rankings were used only for the first event, but reading it again, it seems it's used for events 1-4.

that is how it was last season but i guess they want to give the top 64 rank players a fair crack at the first 4 this season then if they flop and get a Selby or a Higgins last 128 in no 5 then its tough.

Postby Witz78

personally i think the official rankings should only be used for event 1.

if the top guys cant come through the opening round against these lowly ranked players or amateurs then they dont deserve to be seeded for the next 3 PTC events.

Its protection of the elite to an extent.

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:personally i think the official rankings should only be used for event 1.

if the top guys cant come through the opening round against these lowly ranked players or amateurs then they dont deserve to be seeded for the next 3 PTC events.

Its protection of the elite to an extent.

i agree TBH

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:Steve Venthham comes out the woodwork, wow. This fellow could certainly play though.
John Woods, is that young John from Kings Cross?

Steve Venthham must be in his 40s he was runner up to JP in junior Pot Black many moons ago.

Postby Wildey

gallantrabbit wrote:yus may be a year ot two older than me :boo:

i remember a pic of him standing next to hendry after beating him in junior pot black hendry was only up to his thigh or something like that <laugh>

i guess he did the whole norbreck castle thing early 90s ?

Postby Roland

I'll be keeping an eye on Ben obviously (news to follow) and Sydney Wilson who also did an interview which will follow in due course. Then there's Mitchell Mann and Sam Harvey who impressed me at the Pink Ribbon. Obviously there are many others, Jak Jones v Kyren Wilson in a battle of the OnQ boys, Chinese prodigy Chen Zhe, and the much touted Nick Jennings to name but a few.

Postby gallantrabbit

Wild wrote:

i remember a pic of him standing next to hendry after beating him in junior pot black hendry was only up to his thigh or something like that <laugh>

To be honest I'm not sure he did.. Might have done his bit before all those shenanigans. Must have had a lot of dust to blow off the stick if that's the case..

Postby Alex0paul

Wild wrote:

Looking at my records Steve Ventham tried to get on tour via the pro ticket tour between 1985 and 1988. He then turned pro with everyone else in 1991 with little success. He qualified for one tournament, the 1995 Skoda Grand Prix where he lost 5-2 to Peter Ebdon. He fell off the tour at the end of 1997. In his six seasons on tour he failed to win a single match in the World Championships.

Postby Roland

What's the latest on those still in Bulgaria, Janie? Seems the only thing to do in some cases is withdraw from PTC1.

Postby weewelshwitch

Sonny wrote:What's the latest on those still in Bulgaria, Janie? Seems the only thing to do in some cases is withdraw from PTC1.

those already out have rearranged their flights. Adam Duffy flying back today for instance.

Those still in will know later today who's in the final and can fly accordingly.

world snooker watching to see who gets through too.

Postby Wildey

for those of us that will be interested in some of the Amateur Players on Saturday and sunday
"Please note that live scoring will start on Monday.

Postby Wildey

There Will be no Live Scoring for Saturday or Sunday Amateur Qualifiers however i will do all thats possible to update Scores Best i can.

Postby Roland

Oliver Lines is Peter Lines son.

We've also got the battle of the OnQ proteges Jak Jones and Kyren Wilson, and also Ronnie's star of the future event winner Joel Walker who could face off against the Snooker Island star of the future in the next round. But one match at a time.

Postby Wildey

jak jones v kyren wilson is the tie of the round both were pros last year and both fallen off although i make kyren favorite to make most of the last 128 throughout the series he is a cut above.

Postby Wildey

Sonny wrote:Yes I've still yet to see Kyren play but PSB Matt rates him very highly.

from what i can gather watching Live Scoring thats all ive seen of him lol he is one hell of a Gritty competitor 3-0 or 3-1 down best of 7s hes never beaten until that Final Ball potted.