Topic locked

Re: PTC Draws and Formats

Postby Wildey

ive just seen what matt thinks well if thats true its a load of old cockerel both players are legit inside not top 64 but top 62 and should be treated with respect of being in that position as amataur players..

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:ive just seen what matt thinks well if thats true its a load of old cockerel both players are legit inside not top 64 but top 62 and should be treated with respect of being in that position as amataur players..

yeh the players entry rules pack clarly states PTC5-9 based on the Order of Merit after PTC4.

How useless can u get?

I was gonna ask Hendon to see what he thought about it but that muppet would prob come back with smart bottom reply as per usual so ive tweeted World Snooker too. Think Alan Craigs going to kick up a stink tomorrow. Has to be a re-draw surely, total shambles aint it.

Anyone notice who the 2 non top 64 players who were seeded were <doh> rofl

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:ive just seen what matt thinks well if thats true its a load of old cockerel both players are legit inside not top 64 but top 62 and should be treated with respect of being in that position as amataur players..

yeh the players entry rules pack clarly states PTC5-9 based on the Order of Merit after PTC4.

How useless can u get?

I was gonna ask Hendon to see what he thought about it but that muppet would prob come back with smart bottom reply as per usual so ive tweeted World Snooker too. Think Alan Craigs going to kick up a stink tomorrow. Has to be a re-draw surely, total shambles aint it.

Anyone notice who the 2 non top 64 players who were seeded were <doh> rofl

Poomjaeng and King are the 2 seeds

Postby Wildey

buck me they could have easily slotted eden in to having only one qualifier but no the poor sod on £1000 points has to play 2 while Ashley Wright in position 312 out of 315 players has one qualifier to play <doh>

how pathetic is that

Postby Wildey

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Has anyone heard of this yet?

Your text to link here...

Not very pleased about that.

luck of the draw although dont get me started on that draw lol

Postby randam05

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Wild wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:Has anyone heard of this yet?

Your text to link here...

Not very pleased about that.

luck of the draw although dont get me started on that draw lol

I know <laugh>

Couldnt care less. But im pleased they called Hamilton 'in-form' :D

Postby Roland

Hamilton always gets lots of centuries, he is a century machine. It means he's hitting the ball well but it doesn't mean he's going to change the habit of a lifetime and grind out a few losses when he gets to the last 16/8

Postby Wildey

yes hamilton was doing that 10,15 or 20 years ago

remember a match i saw in preston him playing Harold you came away from the match thinking the best player lost...Hamilton was just stroking the Balls with ease Break after Break even in frames he lost and Harold scratching about and won 5-4.

Postby randam05

I find him a joy to watch personally. With the mechanical swinging cue action and methodical approach, when hes in the balls i cant take my eye off the television. Remember his match vs Robertson in Germany? 4 centuries wasnt it? Then robertson came right back from nowhere to force a decider and he finished with a century in the decider! Hes a genius, would love to see him beat Ronnie tomorrow.

Hes funny to speak to aswell.

Postby Wildey

theres something that seriously needs doing about the PTC now theres 95 pros and only one amataur seeded in PTC 7 <doh>

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:PTC 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy) Main Draw http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 580,00.pdf

The draw and playing schedule for PTC8 amateur pre qualifier will be available early next week.

this the one being played in Oirland?

YUP HOW DID U GUESS ;-)

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:
Witz78 wrote:
Wild wrote:PTC 8 (The Alex Higgins International Trophy) Main Draw http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles ... 580,00.pdf

The draw and playing schedule for PTC8 amateur pre qualifier will be available early next week.

this the one being played in Oirland?

YUP HOW DID U GUESS ;-)

2B honest normally it would be obvious but with all the balls up with these PTCs wouldnt have surprised me if the Alex Higgins event was played in Bulgaria or somewhere

Postby Wildey

Well Alex did say this game is the most corrupt game in the world..

and when you consider no amataur gets their rightfull spot in the draw and relagated to the quals proves it <ok>

Postby snooky147

I cannot for the life of me figure out how they do their seeding. Baffling to say the least.

Postby Wildey

snooky147 wrote:I cannot for the life of me figure out how they do their seeding. Baffling to say the least.

if theres 95 pros they top it up to 96 with amataurs if theres 97 pros they top it up to 100 with amataurs and if theres 96 pros im alright jack snake hiss off amataurs .

Postby Witz78

snooky147 wrote:I cannot for the life of me figure out how they do their seeding. Baffling to say the least.

according to WS the only way the qualifying draw for amateurs will work is if there are 28 or 32 qualifying places <doh>

Postby Witz78

Wild wrote:http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/e2/8d/0,,13165~167394,00.pdf

Strict Dress Code: Long sleeve shirt, waistcoat, bow tie, black trousers, black shoes.

i do think a strict dress code in a tournament named after Alex Higgins is

Green,red or blue shirt wearing a bow tie then throw it off <laugh>

would be fitting if Maguire won the Higgins PTC :hatoff:

Postby Witz78

beergitte wrote:Is this going to be naked snooker? Bow tie only on tv table.

yeh Stephen Lee v Passakorn Suwannawatt is up first.

giving the fans value for money :love:

Postby mishcka

Witz78 wrote:

mental image: :shock:

Postby Wildey

Witz78 wrote:

as long as refs are also naked Ivy Zhu :love:

i can then cope with lee and Suwannawatt ;-) <laugh>