Topic locked

Re: Betfair PTC Grand Finals Final Discussion !!!!

Postby Snooker Overdrive

jojo wrote:the record was always going to come to an end robertson was far too good a player to never reach more finals and it impossible for him to win them all

I know. I was just annoyed and especially by GJ who couldn't stop talking about this record all the time. However this is all history now.

When GJ comes back he will tell us that the record wasn't that important anyway ...

Postby vodkadiet

Lee is on a diet I believe. I think this may be helping his snooker. He is probably in a better frame of mind. He is playing some of the best snooker of his career right now.

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Skullman wrote:Nevermind I'll survive <laugh>

You will, I'm only worried about GJ :-(

He'll turn up at some point, being gracious and saying Lee deserved it. Or just say it's a tinpot event with a best of 7 final.

Postby Andre147

Lee totally deserved his win, beating some top quality opposition.. The shorter format definately helped his cause, if the final had been best of 17 or 19, I believe Robbo could still have come back. But I´m taking nothing away from stephen, he has played some great snooker since the Masters, he´s been one of the best 3 or 4 players in the World since that.

:bowdown:

Postby Skullman

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Who's the only current top 16 player unbeatable in ranking finals???

Stuart Bingham 1/1

:chuckle:

And he's so eager to maintain that record he's been intentionally losing first round in all tournaments since :john:

Postby The Cueist

Monique wrote:all pictures of the final are now up here http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 03e68a6684

Congratulations Stephen Lee!

and you can listen to his press conference here

http://soundcloud.com/moniquelimbos/ptc ... nleewinner

Top photo's Mon :spot on: ,Well done Stephen Lee :D :D A virtuoso whitewash of Robertson playing good percentage snooker. :D :D :D

Good aint it!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :-D

Alway's thought Robbo has been lucky in finals and the easy draws that got him there,To be honest for me he has been a bit of a 9 out of ten player compared to his greater others,And tonight he was exposed as just that by Stephen Lee's 4-0 whitewash of him. :hatoff:

He took it well,He had to really didnt he,He got smashed 4-0 or whitewashed,Depenbding how you look at it. rofl rofl rofl rofl

GJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D I loved every minute of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl rofl rofl :D :D :D :-D :-D :-D <ok> ;-) Modesty forbids and all that. :gag: :gag:

There really is justice out there. :chuckle: :clap:

Postby hendry_fan

SnookerFan wrote:It's a nice trophy, even if it does look like something you'd put flowers in.

Congratulations to Lee.

"even if it does look like something you'd put flowers in". <laugh> Absolutely SnookerFan!. <laugh>

Whats happened to the "silver ware"!. :? :-D

Stephen Lee = World champ 2012 ?!. :-D

Postby Wildey

its no big deal Lee Beat Robbo....Lee is quality and playing great Stuff at the Moment up to 7th in the Provisional Rankings.

having a unbeaten Run in finals was more of a hindrance if anything the Amount of Talking it created now hes Lost he can Move on and Win and Lose more Finals.

Postby Casey

In all honesty it will do Robbo a favour in the long run. A lot was being made about his finals record and it was adding pressure. Better to get rid of that here than letting the pressure build in a major final.

Lee is well capable of taking a scalp in Sheffield, I don't think he could beat 3 top 8 players in a row but he could take a scalp or two.

Postby Andre147

Casey wrote:In all honesty it will do Robbo a favour in the long run. A lot was being made about his finals record and it was adding pressure. Better to get rid of that here than letting the pressure build in a major final.

Lee is well capable of taking a scalp in Sheffield, I don't think he could beat 3 top 8 players in a row but he could take a scalp or two.

Yes I think Lee could get far in this years Worlds, possibly the quarter-finals where he could face Trump.. he can certainly beat the top players on his day, but not consistently as you say.. and this shorter format definately helped his cause... he´s not that good in the longer matches because he lacks consistency in his game over the long haul, more often than not he starts to swet a lot during those long matches, and seems to run out of steam and then loses..

Let´s see what he can do at this years Worlds

Postby Skullman

Casey wrote:In all honesty it will do Robbo a favour in the long run. A lot was being made about his finals record and it was adding pressure. Better to get rid of that here than letting the pressure build in a major final.

Wouldn't Lee need to beat four to win the title?

Postby Roland

It would be a surprise if he reached the final, after all his record to date is one semi I believe. He's playing well enough to, but actually doing it is another thing entirely. I think I've got tickets for 2 sessions of the provisional Murphy v Lee match. Should be a cracker.